Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

An observation about girls on dating sites...

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
...and it's a character flaw that I believe is another stake in my online dating coffin (I keep it around to supplant real world interactions) but am close to giving it up entirely. The women I've met in real life are really miles ahead of online bimbos.

Seems like a good 60-70% of the women on those sites are rootless gypsies. They yammer on in their profile about living in 10 different states (yet are only 25 yrs old) different continents, went here on a whim, going there on a whim, doing this and that on a whim

Then the obligatory pictures of them surrounded by dirty foreign children ("I spent a year at the nwugumungujundu center in africa teaching the locales to wipe their ass")

Some might see this as noble humanitarianism, but many of these women are just non starters. Gypsy spirits, those that uproot themselves constantly because they get bored. Of course you're on this site you never stick around in one place long enough to establish anything. Relationships, jobs, friends. It's all ME ME ME. Travel the world, live like a rockstar (only with zero money)

It's almost a tragic existence...their lack of connection and permanence make them non starters. Shame since most of them are quite beautiful

This is something you should always look for in a match. Never go for anybody who feels they have an enormous higher calling to help others in foreign lands, or moves around excessively, is a political or religious zealot. The mental instability and unpredictability is just not worth it. I would want devotion to US, our family, our home, our money, our children.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rum said:
...and it's a character flaw that I believe is another stake in my online dating coffin (I keep it around to supplant real world interactions) but am close to giving it up entirely. The women I've met in real life are really miles ahead of online bimbos.

Seems like a good 60-70% of the women on those sites are rootless gypsies. They yammer on in their profile about living in 10 different states (yet are only 25 yrs old) different continents, went here on a whim, going there on a whim, doing this and that on a whim

Then the obligatory pictures of them surrounded by dirty foreign children ("I spent a year at the nwugumungujundu center in africa teaching the locales to wipe their ass")

Some might see this as noble humanitarianism, but many of these women are just non starters. Gypsy spirits, those that uproot themselves constantly because they get bored. Of course you're on this site you never stick around in one place long enough to establish anything. Relationships, jobs, friends. It's all ME ME ME. Travel the world, live like a rockstar (only with zero money)

It's almost a tragic existence...their lack of connection and permanence make them non starters. Shame since most of them are quite beautiful

This is something you should always look for in a match. Never go for anybody who feels they have an enormous higher calling to help others in foreign lands, or moves around excessively, is a political or religious zealot. The mental instability and unpredictability is just not worth it. I would want devotion to US, our family, our home, our money, our children.
Different strokes for different folks, man.

My dating life isn't all about finding a nice wife. Sometimes it's about finding someone who's temporary fun until the nice wife comes along.

I'm as against general female flakiness as you are. But I'm not gonna demonize traveling and exploring. Life's too short to be spent paying mortgages and crapping out kids. Unless that's what you're into....which is also fine.

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Different strokes for different folks, man.

My dating life isn't all about finding a nice wife. Sometimes it's about finding someone who's temporary fun until the nice wife comes along.

I'm as against general female flakiness as you are. But I'm not gonna demonize traveling and exploring. Life's too short to be spent paying mortgages and crapping out kids. Unless that's what you're into....which is also fine.
Well I agree. And I do travel as well. But travel like normal people...a nice long weekend here, a cruise in the Carribean there. I just don't know how they get the time and money (daddy possibly) to spend 6 months backpacking europe or a YEAR in Sudan.

It's no wonder they're single, and will be single for life. Guys like a girl who will go nuts with them at the Steelers game, not one that'll dump them because she woke up one morning and the westerly wind told her that she must go to malaysia...

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are your insecurities coming out here a bit Op? ;-)
Personally I see nothing wrong with what these people are doing, as long as they are consistent. By all means, go to the Sudan and build bridges or whatever but don't just do it for your cv. Do it because you are passionate about helping others.
And please don't come back acting like a saint after your gap year trip, spending your first paycheck on a Mulberry handbag, trying to make me feel guilty because I didn't spend 6 weeks abroad.
Imo, the worst thing about online dating sites is the sense of entitlement it gives even average looking women.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From bitter experience, if she lived abroad fine. Be sure it wasn't because she was running from her life at home.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rum said:

Yes! What is it about online girls are their incessant OBSESSION with travel? It seems like 8 out of 10 profiles is the following:

"I LOVE TRAVEEEELLLL TROLLOLOLS!!! I'VE BEEN TO 56 COUNTRIES IN THE PAST 2 YEARS!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAHH! WOOOO. By the way, I am a student and don't work."

Where the fvck are these girls getting the money to travel every 2 months if they don't work?

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
Yes! What is it about online girls are their incessant OBSESSION with travel? It seems like 8 out of 10 profiles is the following:

"I LOVE TRAVEEEELLLL TROLLOLOLS!!! I'VE BEEN TO 56 COUNTRIES IN THE PAST 2 YEARS!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAHH! WOOOO. By the way, I am a student and don't work."

Where the fvck are these girls getting the money to travel every 2 months if they don't work?
I like when they post pictures like "praying in a temple is kumpablanco" or whatever. I'm supposed to be what...OOOHH HOW WORLDLY!

Daddy, nearly always daddy. Most are California or upper Midwest wanderlusters with rich parents who've funded all these expensive escapades. They usually get a massive stipend from their parents (that's why they live in super expensive Manhattan apartments) and when the daddy well runs dry (or they piss him off) they'll start a relationship with a rich wall street exec, get a few free trips to the south of france, and kick him to the curb.

I've been working to the bone since graduating college in 2007. I've taken exactly 1 vacation in the past 6 years...don't know what planet these girls are living on but I doubt they understand the value of a dollar

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean seriously, why do women on dating sites feel the need to post this

http://ak3.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...0/414x252/913x749/0/11738746925874730287.jpeg

http://ak2.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...00/354x18/915x579/0/11361863690618234400.jpeg

http://ak0.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...0/388x208/720x540/0/12680439528298136306.jpeg

http://ak0.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...800/597x87/1434x924/0/401899922159490978.jpeg

How does this help their dating cause? Do they not realize that there is literally a line from NY harbor to Portland forming of guilty white girls that volunteer in kenya? they're nothing special really!

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rum said:
I mean seriously, why do women on dating sites feel the need to post this

http://ak3.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...0/414x252/913x749/0/11738746925874730287.jpeg

http://ak2.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...00/354x18/915x579/0/11361863690618234400.jpeg

http://ak0.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...0/388x208/720x540/0/12680439528298136306.jpeg

http://ak0.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_...800/597x87/1434x924/0/401899922159490978.jpeg

How does this help their dating cause? Do they not realize that there is literally a line from NY harbor to Portland forming of guilty white girls that volunteer in kenya? they're nothing special really!
So they want to go volunteer in parts of the world that people don't normally get to see. Why do they post those pictures? Because it's something that they've done...as opposed to a pic of them in a sports bar pounding Bud Light.

What, you'd rather they sit around the house pregnant with your 7th child?

I hate having to rush to the defense of today's entitled, flakey women, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. "Who do these women think they are?! Traveling!"

Daddy, nearly always daddy. Most are California or upper Midwest wanderlusters with rich parents who've funded all these expensive escapades.
It's actually not expensive. I did it myself a few times. When you're volunteering in other countries, your room & board is free. It's the trade off for you volunteering. They get free labor, and you get to explore a country for free. I paid for a plane ticket and my nights out on the town. All the necessities are paid for,

rum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
So they want to go volunteer in parts of the world that people don't normally get to see. Why do they post those pictures? Because it's something that they've done...as opposed to a pic of them in a sports bar pounding Bud Light.

What, you'd rather they sit around the house pregnant with your 7th child?

I hate having to rush to the defense of today's entitled, flakey women, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. "Who do these women think they are?! Traveling!"

It's actually not expensive. I did it myself a few times. When you're volunteering in other countries, your room & board is free. It's the trade off for you volunteering. They get free labor, and you get to explore a country for free. I paid for a plane ticket and my nights out on the town. All the necessities are paid for,
I think what guys want is security and realism.

Honestly, I'd rather see cute girl pounding buds at a bar in a hines ward jersey, who's politically incorrect, who won't mind trying to hip check you through the boards at the skating rink, who can eat a steak without shedding a tear for the poor ol cow.

the travel the world, listen to NPR "I'm gonna judge you all the time and if you dare say I bad word about Barack Obama..." those types are just ROTTEN to he core.

B

BeDJ

rum said:
It makes them feel they stand out on dating websites. But posting 4 of those pictures on your profile? That's too much...although I had fun playing Where's Waldo.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rum said:
Well I agree. And I do travel as well. But travel like normal people...a nice long weekend here, a cruise in the Carribean there. I just don't know how they get the time and money (daddy possibly) to spend 6 months backpacking europe or a YEAR in Sudan.

It's no wonder they're single, and will be single for life. Guys like a girl who will go nuts with them at the Steelers game, not one that'll dump them because she woke up one morning and the westerly wind told her that she must go to malaysia...
It's funny you say that, because I hate girl "sports fans". It's never sincere. I'd much rather a woman just accept that she's not a sports person while I do my own thing on football Sundays.

Girl sports fans overcompensate for their lack of knowledge by being the loudest, shrillest voices in the room. And they think they're being "one of the guys" but they suck at it. I really, sincerely appreciate when they just accept that sports are not their thing.

That's just a side rant. Nothing to do with your topic.

Although, I do feel that you're a bit too focused on finding wifey as opposed to just dating some fun girls while the rest of your life works itself out.

rum said:
I think what guys want is security and realism.

Honestly, I'd rather see cute girl pounding buds at a bar in a hines ward jersey, who's politically incorrect, who won't mind trying to hip check you through the boards at the skating rink, who can eat a steak without shedding a tear for the poor ol cow.

the travel the world, listen to NPR "I'm gonna judge you all the time and if you dare say I bad word about Barack Obama..." those types are just ROTTEN to he core.

To be honest, as far as women go, I want entertainment. Security and realism? Man, I'm 31. I live in Manhattan. I'll take care of the security and realism aspects of life, myself. I just need these girls to entertain me and then go away while I handle my other ambitions.

And as far as these traveling liberal hippie chicks go...just don't date them. It just sounds like you and I have different types. You like the sporty, bud light drinking girl. I like the free-spirited girl. You'll be just fine if you avoid those chicks.

In fact, if you're on POF, then get off of there and go to OKCupid. At least that site has questionairres that separate you based on the type of girl you're looking for. You won't have to look at these traveling broads and their pictures.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont see the point on how being well traveled relates to an online dating site. Save it for facebook. I dont see the average guy saying "ooh she went to Africa for some missionary work, that's hot". I mean that chick up in those photos doesnt even look good smh.

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think some women don't get it. I think they think the stuff the find attractive about men, men find attractive about them.

Girls like guys that are adventerous and interesting, are well traveled and have all these quirky tales to tell them. As long as a girl is physically attractive to me and is not a complete ***** or airhead, I will bang her. Her telling me that she lived in Europe for a year isn't going to make or break my attraction to her.

I think most guys' online search goes something like this:

-look at pictures
-look at stats
-skim profile to see if there are any obvious character flaws. if no, send a message.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Here's what to do when meeting chicks online or in real life. It doesn't matter what they say or do if you can keep it Zen like and your emotions in check.

If they are talking to you online or in person you play the I believe everything you say game while showing no reactions either way. If the chick keeps talking to you it's obviously a good sign, though they'll all test you to see how you react or if you've done this with other chicks who put up that nonsense. (Act like a princess, b1tch, whatever.)

You simply act completely uneffected by it and keep talking as if you are experienced with the nonsense and it's not working on you. You don't have to say anything. Just keep talking and show no signs of trying to "impress" her or getting pissed off like every other clown shoe does.

Immediately switch your mind into thinking it's a job interviewer and not a hot chick. Or think about it like your talking to a relative, friend or anyone else you aren't trying to get with. You simply talk and remain uneffected.

The chicks WILL pick up and that. Your attitude, calmness, tone, and body language and it will make them think: "Oh this guy is smooth. Nothing I throw at him works. He must be experienced with this with many other hot chicks and I don't want to be the one he leaves behind".

Zen like. Online and in person. Ignore the nonsense. And "push" by just keeping calm and talking to them. Let every other clown try to impress them or go into a hissy fit over some chicks nonsense "tests".

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rum said:

Rum, your a genius man. Eveything that you have just articulated, ive thought about for ages, but questioned the integity of my thoughts.

Why is it that these girls want to "travel" so much (i can guess - its to get ****ed and experience "life", before of course meeting the millionaire submissive who will drop to his knees and cater for her every whim)

My ex was one of this type - travelling to far flung corners doing whatever the hell she was doing - the cvnt.

I really cant add to the brilliance of your post - the last paragaph the best

"The mental instability and unpredictability is just not worth it. I would want devotion to US, our family, our home, our money, our children"

REP to you buddy

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
Zen like. Online and in person. Ignore the nonsense. And "push" by just keeping calm and talking to them. Let every other clown try to impress them or go into a hissy fit over some chicks nonsense "tests".
*YAWN* hahaha

I don't take online girls seriously at all. I would rather troll them and get in fights. It is fun shattering their narcissism online and putting them in their place. You know you won the fight when she pulls the "I'm going to ignore you now because you're a big stupid head". :crackup:

I think I made one girl almost cry. I completely busted her for putting "looking for friends and good convo" on her profile while ALL her pics are boob shots. Typical online tramp. She wants to act all innocent and then brag about all the guys coming onto her. I picked that up a mile away. She was a 6 AT BEST and she called herself gorgeous.:crackup: I told her to cut the BS and then we got into it. She is probably still steaming about it and I'm cracking up.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, the OP raises a valid point.

These girls who have a compulsive need to travel have a severe case of wanderlust and that will usually translate to eventual boredom with YOU.

If you're looking for fun, great. If you're looking to settle down into a relationship, there's trouble afoot with a traveller. They are usually somewhat aggressive and will start to lead you around. They give off an "IU can take you or leave you" vibe because they know they always have their African children to run to and "save"

There's a lot more than the obvious going on beneath the surface of a world traveller. Come back to me in 10 or 20 years and tell me about how your view has changed. If I'm not having a nice cigar with jophil, I'll entertain your confessions and quickly absolve you of all guilt because it takes a long time for the inner workings of these women to manifest.

My observation is that women who travel to so-called "3rd world" countries to care for the needy are doing a great thing, to be sure, but virtually 100% of the time they will be found to have very real problems with men. Not so much in a feminist way, but rather in a "difficult to relate" way.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gawd, I cannot stand the travel the world type. In part because I don't give a shyt about travel. Also in part because they generally are incapable of thinking, instead they just feel (to a degree beyond most women). Do you know why they are able to travel around so much? Because they don't need to stay put and work a real career -- her trust fund takes care of her in place of a man.