Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Accountability log

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Krueg.

I use double overhand until my grip starts to fail, which is normal after the third rep. I might just suck it up and still to double overhand and see if it makes a difference. The last time I did deadlifts it aggravated it a little bit, but not majorly.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat 100kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Deadlift 115kg x 5
OH Press 47kg x 5, 5, 4, 3, 5 WTF?
BOR (Bent over row) 70kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
EZ Bar Close grip bench 40kg x 8, 8, 8
BB Curl *
Lying crunches 17kg x 10, 10, 10

Had to go out to dinner, so the last 3 exercises I supersetted. Would've been a pain in the ass to use the oly bar for close grip bench, so I just used the EZ bar. Tendon feels alot better, but was still a bit sore, could feel it especially while doing rows. Dunno what happened with overhead press. I think on the last set I stayed tight throughout, whereas the 3rd and 4th, I kind of loosened up. Will keep that in mind for next time.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Espi, it means alot coming from an older person. The last 4 years have been rough, I had to grow up pretty quickly.

In a way it's good that it happened. I've mellowed out alot, and I don't let the small stuff get to me anymore.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat 102kg x 5, 5, 5 *
Bench 77kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 80kg x 5
BB Row 80kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Shrug 100kg x 8, 8, 8
Skullcrusher 40kg x 8, 6, 5
Curls *Didn't do
Good mornings 25kg x 10, 10
Lying crunches 15kg x 20, 18, 18

Didn't do all my sets of squats because my uncle was getting impatient. Did I tell you that he never trains legs? I'm going to have to start training by myself, he just throws me out of my groove.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same reason that I train alone man - I mean, if someone i know is on the same muscle group as me, ill smash it with them, but i plan my own sessions and stick to My shiit no matter what they decide to do.

I mean I can still spot the bench between sets of squats if they need it so... Yeah. Do your thing.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat 102kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Deadlift 120kg x 4
OH Press 47kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 FINALLY
BOR (Bent over row) 72kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Close grip bench 70kg x 8, 8, 8
BB Curl *
Lying crunches 16kg x 20, 20, 20

Happy that I finally got all reps for OH press. Still kind of bummed out that I'm doing less than a plate on each side. Form broke down on deadlifts, so didn't attempt the fifth rep, will get it next time. Tendons feel pretty good, so I'll go back to curls next session.

On another note, I'm picking up a prowler tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back with a puke report this week.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I do high-bar, on each rep my hamstrings touch my calves. If I don't go all the way down I feel as though I cheated.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Yeah I do high-bar, on each rep my hamstrings touch my calves. If I don't go all the way down I feel as though I cheated.
:up:

DanZy said:
Your squats are surprisingly high considering your other numbers.
Eh not really

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodyweight: 87kg

Squat 105kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Bench 80kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
BB Row 85kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Shrug 105kg x 8, 8, 8
Skullcrusher 37kg x 8, 8, 8
DB Incline curls 9kg x 8, 8, 8
Good mornings 30kg x 10, 10
Lying crunches 18kg x 20, 18, 20

Finally got to do biceps again, no pain. Bodyweight is up because I've been eating so much junk food, I really need to slow down and be more disciplined.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man,

Very cool to see this log! I`m giving you mad props for recovering from such a crippling predicament and persevering though everything.

I`m very similar stats to you: 5`8 - 87 kg.

I was looking at your long term goals... I`ve hit many of em. The only thing I will say is that if you can squat 127 x 20... your 1 RM will be A LOT more than 170-180 kg! I`ll be upwards of 200kg! 20 reppers are NASTY ... probably one of the hardest exercises I`ve ever done, and I`ve been training for over 15 years, and have made tens of thousands of dollars off my body as well as been a high performance athlete.

It sounds like you have a great physical base for getting strong. I was 125 lbs (56 kg) when I started lifting 15 years ago.. Now I`m 192 (87 kg). You`re already at my weight! Think about how big and strong you can get given a few years!

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Thanks Krueg.

I use double overhand until my grip starts to fail, which is normal after the third rep. I might just suck it up and still to double overhand and see if it makes a difference. The last time I did deadlifts it aggravated it a little bit, but not majorly.
Double overhand grip is the safest on your biceps, mixed grip will be your strongest grip but, could cause a bicep tear. Doesn't happen that often to people but, there is a chance. Also make sure your not yanking your arms when deadlifting, that could cause injury as well.

Keep up the good work!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
hey man,

Very cool to see this log! I`m giving you mad props for recovering from such a crippling predicament and persevering though everything.

I`m very similar stats to you: 5`8 - 87 kg.

I was looking at your long term goals... I`ve hit many of em. The only thing I will say is that if you can squat 127 x 20... your 1 RM will be A LOT more than 170-180 kg! I`ll be upwards of 200kg! 20 reppers are NASTY ... probably one of the hardest exercises I`ve ever done, and I`ve been training for over 15 years, and have made tens of thousands of dollars off my body as well as been a high performance athlete.

It sounds like you have a great physical base for getting strong. I was 125 lbs (56 kg) when I started lifting 15 years ago.. Now I`m 192 (87 kg). You`re already at my weight! Think about how big and strong you can get given a few years!
Hey Fugly. Thanks, the last 4 years have been very rough.

We may weigh the same, but body composition wise, you have me beat. I remember seeing your photos, and I would love to hold that level of conditioning year round, albeit as a natural.

20 rep squats are a rite of passage, you learn alot about a person (and yourself) when doing them. I hope that the 20 rep weight will carryover to my 1 rep max.

I never looked at myself as being genetically gifted, just average. Nor do I see myself as having a good base haha. Probably more mental strength if anything. You either get busy living, or get busy dying. You're prolonging your quality of life when you train. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself and unrealistic with the rate of progression. I'm eager to hit a 4 plate deadlift, 3 plate squat, 2 plate bench and 1 plate overhead press.

Krueg said:
Double overhand grip is the safest on your biceps, mixed grip will be your strongest grip but, could cause a bicep tear. Doesn't happen that often to people but, there is a chance. Also make sure your not yanking your arms when deadlifting, that could cause injury as well.

Keep up the good work!
Yep, believe it or not, the most common injury when deadlifting is a bicep tear, not back injuries! I stay tight with every exercise, never using momentum or jerking the weights around. Just really focus on the movement and the targeted muscles. Thanks.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat 107kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Deadlift 117kg x 5
OH Press 50kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
BB Row 75kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Close grip bench 70kg x 8, 8, 8
DB Curl 11kg x 8, 8, 8
Lying crunches 18kg x 20, 20, 18

Lowered deadlifts a few kg's because last session my back rounded badly on the fourth rep with 120kg. Maybe if I was only up to 60kg I could make 5kg jumps, but not now. 117kg felt really good, stayed tight every rep.

Surprisingly I got all reps for OH press on the new weight, strange how that movement works. CG bench stayed the same because I didn't have a spotter, and my triceps were fried after pressing.

I need to get some conditioning done. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm going to the park with the prowler. My cardiovascular fitness is poor, really need to improve it. Gained alot of fat as well this last month, so I'd like to lose a bit of it, or at the very least create a sink for these excess calories to get dumped.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with taking a step back once in awhile to take two steps forward. Nice work!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodyweight: 87kg

Squat 110kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 3
Bench 82.5kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
BB Row 87.5kg x 5, 5, 4, 4, 3
Shrug 110kg x 8, 8, 8
Skullcrusher 40kg x 8, 8, 5
BB Curl 20kg x 10, 10, 10
Good mornings 40kg x 10, 10
Lying crunches 20kg x 20, 16, 15

Had a really rough week, hence why I haven't posted in 6 days. No motivation to train or do anything, wasn't even going to train today.

First time I failed a weight on squats. Actually glad, because I know I'm hitting my current limit. Normally rows I power through even if I'm tired, didn't happen today. Tendons feel fully recovered, so I switched back to barbell curls and did sets of 10 instead of 8. I'll keep the progression really slow on them instead of going up by 2.5kgs each time.

My hamstrings are also fried from goodmornings. Haven't had DOMS for ages now, but I actually like them. I'm secretly hoping I wake up with them tomorrow morning.

U

user43770

Are the good mornings even necessary? Deadlifts always killed my back and hammys. I had to wait several days before I could squat after doing deads. You may be over-doing it. I'd hate it if accessory lifts were effecting your big three.

U

user43770

Then again, the deadlift was my main focus. After looking again, it appears that you take it relatively easy on deads.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
Are the good mornings even necessary? Deadlifts always killed my back and hammys. I had to wait several days before I could squat after doing deads. You may be over-doing it. I'd hate it if accessory lifts were effecting your big three.
Yeah man. Everyone should do direct work for the lumbar/lower back. Deadlifts hit the lower back, but not as hard as stiff leg deadlifts, good mornings or reverse hyperextensions.

Here's a couple of really good articles from Bill Starr:

http://billstarrr.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/lumbars.html

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/bulletproof-lower-back/

His best lifts were:

Deadlift - 715lbs
Squat - Low 600's, no wraps or suit only Hoffman Knee Bands
Bench Press- mid 400's with a pause, no shirt or wraps
Split Snatch - 315
OH Press - 365
Clean & Jerk - 425
Powerclean - 445

Did you follow the minimalist RPT LeanGains style routine?

TyTe`EyEz said:
Then again, the deadlift was my main focus. After looking again, it appears that you take it relatively easy on deads.
Yeah, just one heavy work set, and I don't do GM's on deadlift day.