Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

1.2% bodyfat

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes u saw right
one of my friends has 1.2% bodyfat
normally the average person would be very unhealthy, but it works for his body type.
and the person that tested his bf said it was the lowest she's ever seen.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol lemme see if i can find any

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How was your friends body fat tested?

You would be near death at 1% region,especially if you stayed there for more then a couple of hours.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought Bruce Lee was 1-2%. lol I always believe that sh!t

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is impossible.

There a thing called essential body fat. For men its 2-4%

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that on game day alot of athletes are 1% bodyfat in the olympics, I forget which events though.

benjiprice

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is likely how he's measure his BF. When you get down to a certain % calipers can't give you an accurate reading anymore. You need more advanced methods.

Your body always needs fat to protect your organs, and 1.2% isn't enough.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Was the funeral nice?
ha ha :crackup: I was thinking the same thing. I hear lots of stupid things, and this tops it (poster may not know) but the friend or person who told them that needs their head checked. Maybe all that fat in the head is blocking the brain from functioning. :yes:

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was down around 5 or 6% bf in college and one of those electric impedence body fat machines would just display "error" when i tried to use it.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For an average person, 7% is the lowest you can mantain for a long time without issues about your health.

Bruce Lee was 7% and I hardly believe that your friend is even as low as him, let go of 1%. At 4% you pass out several times a day. At 3% you're most likely dead.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
At 4% you pass out several times a day. At 3% you're most likely dead.
You can maintain 4% for a day without an issue. My buddy was at 3-5%(pending the time of day we tested him) for his show and he didn't pass out.

You don't die at 3%,I bet you could develop health issue if you stay there for more then a day though.

Reaction score
There has to be fat for you brain and liver. If you took anatomy you would know that fat is needed for protection and nutrition. The lowest HEALTHY BF percentage is 4-5. If you want abs to show then you need less than 10%.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
The lowest HEALTHY BF percentage is 4-5.
Hmmm. My friends who have been that low for whatever reason have both said they felt like crap once they hit lower then 6% and that it's not that cool.

At the same time,none of them said they felt sick or anything,but felt different in a not so good way.

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten 6 percent before and I was tested using two different methods and both said I was about a 6. I'm probably a 10 now though bc I don't exercise anymore but it's impossible to have 1. Four is believable but anything under that was probably not accurate.

Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Hmmm. My friends who have been that low for whatever reason have both said they felt like crap once they hit lower then 6% and that it's not that cool.

At the same time,none of them said they felt sick or anything,but felt different in a not so good way.
Olympians... esp sprinters are around 4-7%. Aren't almost every bodybuilder and figure competitior (female bodybuilder) less than 10%? I think the best bf percentage for athletes is around 7-12%, it depends though on the sport. If you want a six pack you need less than 13%.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't almost every bodybuilder and figure competitior (female bodybuilder) less than 10%?

Yes,women included. Guys tend to get to sub 5% and women tend to hit sub 10% come show time(from the natural ones I know). Women's bodyfat tends to be 2x as much as guys,so don't be alarmed when a chick says she is 16%,that would be 8% on a male. It's just a general,not specific to everyone rule of thumb when it comes to bodyfat.