1.2% bodyfat

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten 6 percent before and I was tested using two different methods and both said I was about a 6.

How were you tested,calipers,that device you hold in the air? How did you like being at 6%?

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hydrostatic Testing and that electronic bodyfat anaylzer but that one isn't that accurate at all. The hydrostatic testing is suppose to be very accurate. I used to lift weights twice a day and run miles every morning plus I was on the wrestling team and had to lose massive amounts of weight. Not only that but I'm naturally skinny and didn't eat junk food at all. I felt crappy though. The only reason why I was so low was because of the dropping of weight. I think the best I felt was at about 8 percent. Thats when I didn't cut weight.

Reaction score
The Sperminator said:
Hydrostatic Testing and that electronic bodyfat anaylzer but that one isn't that accurate at all. The hydrostatic testing is suppose to be very accurate. I used to lift weights twice a day and run miles every morning plus I was on the wrestling team and had to lose massive amounts of weight. Not only that but I'm naturally skinny and didn't eat junk food at all. I felt crappy though. The only reason why I was so low was because of the dropping of weight. I think the best I felt was at about 8 percent. Thats when I didn't cut weight.
Having lower than 5% is bad for the body since it interferes with the body making hormones and other chemicals. I've been from 6-18 percent and I can honestly say that I was best around 7-12%.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DEXA and the Bod Pod are the most accurate methods for testing bf%. Problem is that these 2 dont exists every where, so its not the main one you hear about in text books and in study for testing people. Its usually calipers, and the Hydro if you can find that as well.

I'll tell you that those hand held ones are just GUESSES and are kind of junk really. We used 3 different ones once in school and they all read different. One read +3% lower than others, and one was higher.

And with those, go drink a bunch of water, come back and test and it will be different. Go gulp down another 8oz ow water, wait, test again, and different.

I dont like them at all, and only use them as a gauge as well as the bf% scales like the Tanita. Again, margin of error is about +/-3%

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Sperminator said:
I used to lift weights twice a day and run miles every morning plus I was on the wrestling team and had to lose massive amounts of weight. Not only that but I'm naturally skinny and didn't eat junk food at all. I felt crappy though.
That's what I did. I wasn't eating a lot, but i was lifting 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes and then would do sprints for like 30 min. Then maybe in the afternoon go jogging or rollerblading. Looking back at my pictures even my face was skinny and stupid looking. That's how i will know when to stop my recomp: when my face gets too skinny.

I never felt bad though.

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been tested at 4.1% recently and I have never passed out before in my life. Its basically all genetics as I eat pretty poorly for someone w/ that %. I'm 5'11" 170lbs by the way.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was probably tested using an electric current or based off her stats (height, weight, heartrate, ect). Those can be misleading sometimes. The best way is to go into the water tank.