Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your best studying methods

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I've got free time to study and I'm aiming to be Comissioned Officer (Cadet and then a 2nd Lieutenant) of the Army.

In my country there is a test with some subjects (Physics, Maths, Grammar, History, Foreign Languages and an Essay) in which you must score at least half of the questions of each subject (so it doesn't matter if you scored 100% of every subject but got a 0 in Maths, you're out unless you score 50% or more in every single one) and that's getting me a bit nervous.

I'm awesome at History, Grammar, Foreign Languages and at writing Essays, but I absolutely suck when it comes to anything related to Maths. I got about 4 or 5 months until the test comes, and I'd like some interesting studying tips to learn it better.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hands on. I learn best by doing, so I would search for math exercices related to the topics.

Do you know, what math topics your test includes?

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also suck at math but am good with foreign languages including English and German. Thankfully I went on a political science at college so I didn't have a math.

When I was on trial for police it didn't included math. There was ofcourse law thematic and psychology.

Only time where math was included was when I was on seminar under EU. It was math but only a statistics nothing else.

I suggest you to find a very good tutor. Someone who know how to explain and have patience because you can't learn math overnight.

Good luck!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Math (and also physics) is mostly lots of practice problems. It’s not really much memorizing.

1. Read the section.

2. Very carefully read and try to follow the sample problems.

3. Try to solve the sample problems by yourself.

4. Do as many problems from that section as possible. If your book gives answers to the odd problems (for example), then do those first for feedback. If you are getting them right, you can do the ones without answers for additional practice and to improve your speed.

5. If you don’t like the book or study materials you have, check some reviews online or go to a bookstore and find yourself a better book that you like and has lots of examples.

6. There is nothing wrong with seeking tutoring if you need it.

TLDR: Don’t think of it as studying per se. Think of it as training/practice. Do as many problems as your time allows. Practice builds skill and speed.

Last edited:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for math, or anything really, you need to understand how your mechanism of learning yes, there is 3 listening, doing, reading,we are good on one of these the other 2 not so good, but one thing to learn is when studing you talk out loud when reading walking around your room, doing so will trigger the 3 learning process so it will make things easier. now don't forget math is most learning the process and how to apply said process, knowing what is required for the test will also help a lot to nail down what you should be learning

so a little more info of that can help

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pomodoro method and flashcards that are setup for spaced learning based on a ranking system based on how well you know it (forget the official name) (oops the flashcards would be for non math items). Taking lots of practice tests and solving lots of problems. My grades in physics and math were proportional to number of problems i solved (mainly due to the time challenges of taking tests).

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hands on. I learn best by doing, so I would search for math exercices related to the topics.

Do you know, what math topics your test includes?
Functions, Analitical Geometry, Spatial Geometry, Plane Geometry, Polynomial Equations, Trigonometry, Complexes, Logarithms, Newton's Binomial, Polynomials, Arithmetic Progression.

It's gonna be 20 questions of Maths, and the guys that will elaborate these questions comes from the ITA (Air Force Institute of Technology) and IME (Militar Engineering Institute), which means lots of mixed subjects.