"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

****y + Funny is lame and gets old, as far as I can tell

VampireKiller

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
I'm pretty close to having the ideal DJ mindset, I mean I'm not a pvssy and I ****ing care what people think of me. But I don't like the whole god damn "****y and funny" think I see getting way outta hand in high school. it seems like too many people are trying to do it, and either doing it wrong, or going overboard and not being able to get themselves out of a "C+F loop" so to speak.
I just don't see any instance of ****y + funny being funny for me. I've got a real unique sense of humor, but it usually doesn't play all too well with the ladies. or, they think its funny, but I look like a loser. but I never really cared, cause I thought it was funny.
I'll be going to community college next year, and I'm thinking it will be a little better there, that you don't need the ****y + funny. I'm just thinking, there HAS to be a better way, a more SUAVE way of doing things. I mean, kino and all is still real important I know, but you gotta set the stage with your humor I think.
I'm not a "nice guy", but I just don't generally like making fun of people, unless they are my buddies, and I know them pretty well. Even if I were to just take the "****y" side of it, it seems a little forced. don't get me wrong, I can do it, I just don't like it, its not funny. I guess my humor is kinda like jerry sienfeld/chris farly/andy kaufman(man on the moon). You'd have to know me.

soooo.... yeah.

****y+funny may work pretty good for some people, but there has got to be a better demeanor.

any thoughts?
 
Last edited:

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
Pull out your ****.... wiggle it in her face.... Nothing simpler then that.

You don't have to be C&F. there's things like tickling and stuff to do all the kino. C&F is there to provide a lighter mood. But you don't need that to do that. and the ****y is to keep her from thinking she owns you.... but you can do that other ways... It's not like one single thing will get you women. If you like Jerry Seinfield you'll find some people who also find that funny. Or by being around you they'll eventually pick that humor up'
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
C+F works for a lot of people, but you need to find what works for yourself. If you have your own sense of humor (and other people generally find it funny as well) then go with that. Nothing in the DJ Bible is written in stone, except perhaps the importance of confidence.

P.S. - Don't expect community college to be much different than highschool.
 

VampireKiller

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
yeah, I like to make alot of jokes that nobody else thinks are funny, and make me look bad. but I think it's funny!

but I guess the real point of this thread is... I think alot of non-djs are trying to be c+f and not pulling it off right, and just being annoying as hell.

another question... is there a difference between being ****y and being arrogant?
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Non-DJ's pulling off C+F? How do they know what it is and why are they doing it?

The whole C+F mindset says

"I'm a kick back guy and you aren't better than me so don't treat me poorly because I have better things to do."

And I don't see anything wrong with that at all. If you can joke to the guys about your big penis, how cool you are, or your non-existent biceps, then why can't you do it to the girls? A girl asks you to buy her a drink, you tell her she hasn't earned one, she can buy one for you. That is ****y+funny. Maybe one of the reasons you are against it is because you, yourself do not know how to use it properly.

****y+Funny is NOT making fun of people. Making fun of people IS making fun of people. ****y+Funny is a mindset that reflects on the things you say, it is not putting down the people around you. ****y+Funny is you feeling like you're one great guy and have no problem expressing it or showing it in a humorous non-snotty fashion. The kids that you see doing it wrong in school halls are not trying to be ****y+Funny, they are being jackasses because that is their own mindset.

Set and make a base for yourself. But don't push something over the edge. If you're naturally funny, then okay. But believing in yourself at the same time isn't the most terrible thing that could possibly happen to you. It's an aura thing, you believe in yourself, others will believe in you.

You yourself called yourself a loser, but telling jokes you thought were funny when you didn't care. I'm not sure if you enjoy telling jokes to yourself, but outside in the world, people do care. And if you really did not care about how it reflected on you, then I don't see why you are here asking for another way.

I understand people want to be themselves. But the C+F edge is not going to kill you, if you really understand what it is. C+F says you are a confident male with a sense of humor. And that is all it says. It should not say you're a jackass, you hate on people you don't know, you hate on people you do know, or otherwise. If people like you, you're naturally more confident, if you tell funny jokes where you actually make people laugh, you'll be more confident, if you can't handle any of those, at least be confident on your own accord and what you do. It'll take you a lot further than just analyzing the C+F way and questioning whether or not it works.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
445
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by NRM
Maybe one of the reasons you are against it is because you, yourself do not know how to use it properly.
Just about to say that.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Sunny Isle Beach
I like to look at ****y + funny more like confident and funny. You dont have to be an *******. Try to see it more like that. Im naturally a nice and sensitve person so at first I was havinh problems with the whole ****y thing. But to me confident instead of ****y makes more sense.
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
very true..it shouldnt be "concieted and funny".

****y:

Adjective
Inflected forms: c0ck·i·er, c0ck·i·est, Overly self-assertive or self-confident.
Other forms
c0ck'i·ly adv.c0ck'i·ness n.



C&F should be used, but not over used. Read the C&F guides that are posted around here to get a better idea.


Note: Being ****y 24/7 is called conceited. If you keep the ****y to a light, humorous level then it will work wonders.

(Edit: It bleeped out the c-o-c-k in my definitions...)
 
Top