Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WTF Tinder

notfromhere

Reaction score
I'm a decent looking guy, no belly, about 6", had a few photos on Tinder that I considered good - or at least that what some females said and based on the likes on FB. Set a radius of <5 miles with a decent age limit (I'm mid-30s, set it to 25-38) got plenty of cards. Swiped on 50+ of them (over several days) got no match. Deactivated my profile, moved to another city, swiped again on >200, not on every card. No matches.
WTF?
I get cold approached on the street, on FB, at work, but I cannot even get a 6-7 to swipe back?
I know I should have professional photos, but still, the ones I had weren't that bad.
Meanwhile, a female at work (about a 5, at most) has a photo that looks nothing like her. She gets matches, I know this indirectly.
I'm decent at photoshop, could turn myself into a stud, but feels like cheating. Maybe I should just give up the principles.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't belive these posts they have got to be BS

I am also 6'0" and not bad looking I have a slap dash profile with 2 pics I look half decent in, one shirtless at the beach and one with my arms round a couple of sloots, and a one line bio and have over 140 likes in the past 3 weeks. Now probably less than 20% of them are worth following up but still.

I don't belive this I got zero likes unless it's a bug. You will get SOME likes even if it's ugly bitches or even just by accident by girls doing a mass swiping session.

Last edited:

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a decent looking guy, no belly, about 6", had a few photos on Tinder that I considered good - or at least that what some females said and based on the likes on FB. Set a radius of <5 miles with a decent age limit (I'm mid-30s, set it to 25-38) got plenty of cards. Swiped on 50+ of them (over several days) got no match. Deactivated my profile, moved to another city, swiped again on >200, not on every card. No matches.
WTF?
I get cold approached on the street, on FB, at work, but I cannot even get a 6-7 to swipe back?
I know I should have professional photos, but still, the ones I had weren't that bad.
Meanwhile, a female at work (about a 5, at most) has a photo that looks nothing like her. She gets matches, I know this indirectly.
I'm decent at photoshop, could turn myself into a stud, but feels like cheating. Maybe I should just give up the principles.
Tender is for guys 8 or more , average guys have no chance there, you will have better chances on other dating sites. Women there are for hookup and why they would hookup with 6 if there are 8 and 10 waiting them ?

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm like a 6/7, had terrible photos on Tinder, yet was averaging ten matches and one date a month while barely using it. My dates were with doctors, nurses, professionals and some artsy types. Met my girlfriend on Tinder and she's beautiful. Tinder is not that bad. I've used a top 5% guys Tinder and his is like easy mode, but even an average guy like me can get plenty from Tinder. You don't meet many women worth dating, but still. I met a few.

notfromhere

Reaction score
Good to know that it's not worth giving up on it yet. I will delete my profile and create a new one with completely different stuff. I remember I actually got 1 like the first few days from a person I didn't swipe and then it was completely silent. I got some messages that I got another 5 likes but that I need "pro" to see them.
I used either a very short bio with almost no info and tried a medium length one. Neither worked.
Had a shirtless pic, one in a motorcycle outfit in a nice place, one in a normal outfit but outstanding place, in reverse order.

What's the effect of keeping Tinder enabled at all times? I don't know if I want to be visible to work colleagues so I kept it disabled.

notfromhere

Reaction score
Quick update: edited slightly my pictures (nothing outrageous), deleted my old profile and created a new one with a bland 2-liner. I got two matches in ~2 hours from about 20-30 swipes. Also about 3 likes, but not sure how that works. Possibly next time I open the app the persons that liked me will be in the suggestions.
Anyway, just wanted to say that it was either a bug in the app or my old profile was stale and now I get the newcomer boost. Either way, glad that it's working, at least for now.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 miles is a small radius unless in a big city

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Anyway you could show a few pics to us, if not perhaps pm me a few pics. Not all pics are good. If you get no match that means nobody is interested. Getting a match doesn't mean squat either tho.