Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout routine

Thor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a good routine? I've been to a few webpages with some, but they overwhelm me. My gym is pretty decent but I'll mostly be doing Dumb bell stuff, because I won't have a spotter and I love how dumb bells feel.

I'm a skinny kid(Yes, I know about the guide to bulking up). My main focus is on appearance and getting into shape for martial arts(more Bruce Lee and Brad Pitt in Fight Club than Arnold).

Any suggestions on a good routine or a website that makes it pretty simple? I know what exercises to do..Just not the best order or what days I work what parts I'd rather not have to buy a book right now. Money is running tight and I'm struggling so I can buy some protein powder and bars to supplement by bad meal plan.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
skim milk, eggs and tuna are cheap sources for protein.

Thor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was asking about what body parts I should work on certain days. I meant to mention that I knew about food. I want to know what body parts I should work as a group on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

For example.

On Monday I work arms and chest, Wednesday I do legs and abs...etc

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick up a book called body for life. My overweight uncle went from fat slob to brat pitt in 12 weeks, I **** you not.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the routine I'm doing, which I got from "The Body Sculpting Bible For Men" by James Villepigue and Hugo Rivera:

(notes: 2 regular sets for everything plus warm-ups. For everything not otherwise labeled the book reccomends 8-15 reps, but I've been going with Diesel's suggestion of more weight and 4-8 reps. I wait 60-90 seconds in between each exercise. All of these exercises use dumbbells except for leg extensions/curls and upright rows)

Days 1 & 4
Modified Compound Superset #1
Back - One Arm Rows
Chest - Incline Dumbbell Press

Modified Compound Superset #2
Back - Dumbbell Pullovers
Chest - Incline Dumbbell Flys (alternate with Pushups on day 4)

Modified Compound Superset #3
Biceps - Dumbbell Curls
Triceps - Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions

Modified Compound Superset #4
Biceps - Concentration Curls (alternate with Hammer Curls on day 4)
Triceps - Triceps Kickbacks (alternate with Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions on day 4)

Days 2 & 5
Thighs - Dumbbell Squats (alternate with Ballet Squats on day 5)
Hamstrings - Leg Curls (alternate with Lunges on day 5)

Modified Compound Superset #2
Thighs - Ballet Squats (alternate with Leg Extensions on day 5)
Hamstrings - Stiff-legged Deadlifts (alternate with Leg Curls)

Modified Compound Superset #3
Calves - Dumbbell Calf Raises (One Leg) - 20-25 reps
Sholders - Dumbbell Sholder Press (alternate with EZ Curl Bar Upright Rows on day 5)

Modified Compound Superset #4
Calves - Dumbbell Calf Raises (Two Legs) - 20-25 reps
Sholders - Bent-Over Lateral Raises

Days 3 & 6
Lower Abs - Lying Leg Raises - 20 reps
Upper Abs - Crunches - 25 reps

Day 7
Rest!

I've only been doing it for 7 weeks and I can already see a big improvement in how my body looks. If anyone with a lot of experience has any suggestions or critiques for this routine I'd like to hear them.

Last edited: