Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Work-related vent.

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not looking for sympathy, it's just that I've had a rough couple of days at work and need to get it off my chest. Any advice is welcome though. Sorry it's long and thanks for taking the time to read.

I work for a large social media company, primarily from home until they decide to bring us back to the office.

We have serious issues with certain people abusing the work status button (available; email backlog).

Available basically means you're working, receiving calls and emails. Email backlog, you'd use if you have backed up work and need to finish before you get any new cases.

Sometimes people use EB if they need a break.

Some people stay on EB for hours, despite the fact they have no workload.

Two of them really got on my nerves these last two days.

I'll connect in the morning on Available. I get 3-5 calls off the bat and a few emails. I'm like wtf is going on?

I see the two of them on EB for the last hour or so.

This morning, same ****, so I write a message asking them to go available.

One of them starts barking up that she's always using EB properly which is absolute BS. I could go into detail of course, but believe me she's one of the laziest people I've worked with. She just doesn't care at all.

I wouldn't care either, but the thing is her lack of work affects the whole team, including for pay and bonuses.

I didn't reply to her or the other woman who chimed in later. I was so ****ing livid though.

Does anyone have this at their work currently?

How do you deal with it?

Do you think I should notify anyone?

Thanks again for reading!

Serenity

Reaction score
I'd notify a superior, preferably with documented evidence along with reasonable arguments about how it's affecting everyone else.

If you get blown off I suggest you do the same and put yourself on EB, because apparently it's fine as they don't care. While at it you can tip off everyone who actually does their job to do the same as well, because management doesn't care. If nothing gets done they'll have to care and make sure EVERYONE gets back to actually working. That is if you have the balls to do it and can risk your job over this issue.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to get ahead as an employee, it's not uncommon to do the jobs of two, sometimes three people. If you complain, you are pointing out the incompetence of your bosses, and it is easier for them to just get rid of you than it is to fix the problem.

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd notify a superior, preferably with documented evidence along with reasonable arguments about how it's affecting everyone else.

If you get blown off I suggest you do the same and put yourself on EB, because apparently it's fine as they don't care. While at it you can tip off everyone who actually does their job to do the same as well, because management doesn't care. If nothing gets done they'll have to care and make sure EVERYONE gets back to actually working. That is if you have the balls to do it and can risk your job over this issue.
Thanks for the reply.

It's a possibility, but I don't know how onboard everyone else will be... Our supervisor isnt the issue its upper management that are useless.

For months they've been saying they're going to bring the people who abuse the system and blame IT issues back to the office to keep an eye on them, but nothing is done.

Its a **** situation because our monthly bonus is close to €1000

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to get ahead as an employee, it's not uncommon to do the jobs of two, sometimes three people. If you complain, you are pointing out the incompetence of your bosses, and it is easier for them to just get rid of you than it is to fix the problem.
Sadly, that sounds true.

So you reckon I should just keep going?

A couple of them will be leaving relatively soon, one of them has done **** all from the start, the other has given up (**** work ethic).

I'm just hoping they get replaced by more serious people. Like to do the bear minimum would be nice.