Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

women / communicating ... is this a problem for you?

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
For all the labels that society puts on men for not wanting to communicate / share their feelings, over the past few years, I find its like pulling teeth to get a women to communicate and by communicate I mean tell the truth.

I've got great perception and I know when a women is not being completely truthful, I watch for the little signs. I can catch them in an outright lie and I have to grill them for hours to admit it.

Now that I've left my LTR, I'm out on the dating scene at its the same thing. Women have this obsession with txt msgs. However it seems to be the only way they can communicate their true feelings. I try to cut down on the txt, but when I talk to them on the phone, they don't share at the same level. Its like they are scared to communicate in real life so they use technology as an out.

I was trained by a cougar very early on to be open, honest, and it avoids so much drama. I find it frustrating. What can be done to combat this?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
For all the labels that society puts on men for not wanting to communicate / share their feelings, over the past few years, I find its like pulling teeth to get a women to communicate and by communicate I mean tell the truth.
{QUOTE]

This is what women say,' I want a man ro communicate openly with me .He needs to be intouch with his feelings ."

This is what women really means," I just want a man who constantly tells me that he has warm, romantic and affectionate feelings for me. He needs to gush over me and put me up on a pedestal..Any other feelings that he may have are irrevant and unwelcome- I am only interested in his expressions of affection. "

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:

I've got great perception and I know when a women is not being completely truthful, I watch for the little signs. I can catch them in an outright lie and I have to grill them for hours to admit it.

Now that I've left my LTR, I'm out on the dating scene at its the same thing. Women have this obsession with txt msgs. However it seems to be the only way they can communicate their true feelings. I try to cut down on the txt, but when I talk to them on the phone, they don't share at the same level. Its like they are scared to communicate in real life so they use technology as an out.

I was trained by a cougar very early on to be open, honest, and it avoids so much drama. I find it frustrating. What can be done to combat this?
I dont think women tell the truth about 'anything', sorry a little jaded.

Ok let me expand on it.

If its an argument that is about 'her' she will tell you has much BS has you can digest.

If the argument is about you, she will x it by 10 and add things that have little importance and meaning, hence BS laid ontop of truths.

If its about some random thing, i.e conversation, yeh she may tell the truth thats if it does not contradict with how she appears to look.

I.e in closing i think women are experts at painting a picture and keeping you in that picture frame.

The truth, is assuming they are going to go for the logical facts of the situation, sorry i see women or past relationships, you can argue has much logic and provide her with has many facts to back up your argument and they will still re-buke it or apply an extra layer ontop of it.

Granted anyone can do this in an argument and no one likes to be proved wrong, its just men and women arguing, sorry it takes this to another dimension, revolves it at 100 rev's a second, churns it up and spits it out and what you have left is a big garbled mess and nothing more.

When i women, goes off on one, i either vacate, or if i can cull the argument, sometimes you get dragged in, these are the times when you wish you hadn't has there is no reason, no logic, just the argument.

Even if you do win, the argument will shift to something completly random, like when you messed up and forgot to post that letter 6 months ago, just to add a new point to the original she was trying to make.

Arguing with a women is like sitting a test, making up the answers, walking out and the orginizer saying 'what test'.

side note:

I think women has a norm are incapable of telling th truth, granted they may do, but i think its pritty dam hard for them.

A women may claim she is truthful, but one only has to argue with one, spend time with one to see that truth applies to how she 'feels' at the given moment.

Which to a women is perfectly fine.

the friend zone ideal is a perfect example of the webs women like to weave, i.e lies built up on lies, that are not really lies there just not the whole truth.

Or female speak, is another term, for women tell you false cra8 to cover up the truth, its upto the man to interpret the speak and its clear alot of men need an interpritor when dealing with 'chick speak' is this lying? Not from a womens perspective.

Always always judge by actions.

People dont fully grasp this, they like to think women are superior to this, women on average are not logical there truth changes as fast has her emotions do, or there truth, hides the REAL 'Truth'. Is that the truth?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree. Women tell the complete truth every day, they just communicate it in a fasion that men can't or wont understand. I'm a firm believer in the psychological principal that the only way to determine motivation and/or intent is to observe the behavior of an individual. All one need do is compare behavior and the results of it to correlate intent. A woman will speak vast wealths of information and truths to a man if he's only willing to accept her behavior, not her words, as the benchmark. He must also understand that the truth she betrays in her behavior is often not what he wants to accept.

We get frustrated because they communicate differently than we do. Women communicate covertly, men communicate overtly. Men convey information, women convey feeling.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
I disagree. Women tell the complete truth every day, they just communicate it in a fasion that men can't or wont understand. I'm a firm believer in the psychological principal that the only way to determine motivation and/or intent is to observe the behavior of an individual. All one need do is compare behavior and the results of it to correlate intent. A woman will speak vast wealths of information and truths to a man if he's only willing to accept her behavior, not her words, as the benchmark. He must also understand that the truth she betrays in her behavior is often not what he wants to accept.

We get frustrated because they communicate differently than we do. Women communicate covertly, men communicate overtly. Men convey information, women convey feeling.

while i agree with you rollo, at the same time let's be honest about what you are saying here - you ARE asking men to either be psychic OR understand woman's secret form of communication (ie. feelings).

moreover, reading 'emotions', while quite doable in a sane woman, is near impossible with an insane woman.

furthermore, let's also call a spade a spade and admit that the covert form of communication is NOT a functional one. not only does it create issues with men and women, it creates issues with women and women.

im not saying you have stated that its functional. and i agree with you - its what we got to work with, so men are well adviced to learn how to read behavior and emotion instead of listening to 'words' - but at the same time, it is a highly disfunctional form of communcation.

to be more specific its a childish form of communication. this is what children do! they say one thing and do another. they throw temper tantrums. they react emotionally to everything.

this is why its difficult to reason with most children, because they DONT listen. so instead you have to use forms of bheavior conditioning, like time outs nad taking away privileges.

its just unfortunate that most women (not all) limit the ability to have a mature, open relationship and instead force the man into using blunt behavior conditioning techniques like nexting them, or the silent treatment, etc.

i agree with your views on female communication, but i just want to append in saying that females DO NOT communicate in a functional fashion (generally speaking).

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
a woman won't be honest with you (if at all) until she trusts you.

even the best women are guarded for the first few months.

the more of a match you are with a woman also speeds up the pace by which she starts to communicate more what she is really feeling / thinking.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
...I was trained by a cougar very early on to be open, honest, and it avoids so much drama. I find it frustrating. What can be done to combat this?
It's all in the delivery. Besides, how does not letting a person know how their actions are effecting you help the situation? There's no reason to be a simpering b1tch about how you feel, just state it as a fact. Say it as you are doing the other person a favor by letting her/him know your expectations?

More times than not a guy hold it all in until he erupts uncontrollably on an Earth shaking tirade. Why wait until you can't control it?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
you ARE asking men to either be psychic OR understand woman's secret form of communication (ie. feelings).
What men need to understand is that both sexes communicate differently, accept that and work with it instead of against it. In study after study it's been proven that women have a far greater, inborn capacity for language and communication than do men. While more than a few women like to wear this as a badge of some kind of superiority, it doesn't necessarily mean that what they communicate is more important, or how they communicate it is more efficient, just that they have a greater capacity to understand nuances of communication better than do men.

joekerr31 said:
furthermore, let's also call a spade a spade and admit that the covert form of communication is NOT a functional one. not only does it create issues with men and women, it creates issues with women and women.
On the contrary, it is a very functional form of communication that's served women well for centuries. You don't need to be psychic to understand women's covert communication, you need to be observant. This often requires a patience that most men simply don't have, so they write women off as duplicitous, fickle or coniving if the name fits. Even to the Men that are observant enough, and take the needed mental notes to really see it going on around them, it seems very inefficient and irrational. And why wouldn't it? We're Men. We say what we mean and we mean what we say. Our communications are very information based, logical, rational, that's Men's overt communication. Blunt, to the point, solve the problem and move on to the next. Which is precisely why your response was this,..

joekerr31 said:
....,at the same time, it is a highly disfunctional form of communcation....,to be more specific its a childish form of communication. this is what children do! they say one thing and do another. they throw temper tantrums. they react emotionally to everything.
Yes, they do. And more often than not, they get what they're really after - attention. Women are crazy, crazy like foxes. Covert communication frustrates us every bit as much as overt communication frustrates women. Our language has no art to it for them, that's why we seem dumb or simple at best. This is the same reason we think of feminine communication as being obfuscating, confusing, even random. The difference is that our confusion and frustration is put to their ultimate use. So long as women remain unknowable, random, irrational creatures that men can't hope to understand (but can always excuse), they can operate unhindered towards their goals. "Silly boy, you'll never understand women, just give up" is exactly the M.O. Once you accept this she's earned a lifetime of get-out-of-jail-free cards. The myth of the 'Feminine Mystique' is entirely dependent upon this covert communication.

Now as Men we'll say "Evil, immoral, manipulative woman! Shape up and do the right thing, saying one thing then doing another makes you a hypocrite!" and of course this is our rational nature overtly making itself heard and exposing a woman's covert communication. An appeal to morality, that'll get her, but,..it doesn't. This is because women instinctively know that their sexuality is their first, best agency, and covert communication is the best method to utilize it. Appeals to morality only work in her favor, because all she need do is agree with a Man's overt assesment of her and suddenly he thinks he's 'getting through to her'. As Men, we have become so conditioned by the Feminine Mystique to expect a woman to be duplicitous with us that when she suddenly resorts to our own, overt communication method and agrees with us, it seems she's had an epiphany, a moment of clarity. "Wow, this one's really special, 'high quality', and seems to get it." That is so long as it suits her conditions to do so.

Have you ever been in a social setting, maybe a party or something, with a GF or even a woman you may be dating and seemingly out of the blue she says to you privately, "ooh, did you see the dirty look that b!tch just gave me?!" You were right their in her physical presence, saw the girl she was talking about, yet didn't register a thing. Women's natural preference for covert communication is recognizable by as early as 5 years old. They prefer to fight in the psychological, whereas boys fight in the physical. Within their own peer group, little girls fight for dominance with the threat of ostricization from the group. "I wont be your friend anymore if,.." is just as much a threat to a girl as "I'm gonna punch you in the face if,.." is to a boy. This dynamic becomes much more complex as girls enter puberty, adolescence and adulthood, yet they still use the same psychological mode of combat. Their covert way of communicating this using innuendo, body language, appearance, subcommunications, gestures, etc. conveys far more information than our overt, all on the table, way of communicating does. It may seem more efficient to us as Men, but our method doesn't serve the same purpose.

I'm fond of saying 'let a woman's imagination work for you', but this is really a reversal of what women have been doing for ages - covertly giving men just enough information to spark their imaginations. When an AFC vomits out his life's story all over the restaurant table on a first date, calls her incessantly to drone on for hours and then gets LJBFed, this is really little more than a conflict of communication methodologies. He wants to solve his problem of needing sex and does so by overtly blurting out as much information as he can to meet her approval - since he of course believes that women want complete disclosure and openess from the start (yet another fatal miscommunication). He can't help it. He's only using his natural deductive reasoning to solve his problem and coveys it overtly.

She on the other hand enjoys the communication more than the information being transferred. It's not a problem to be solved, it's the communication that's primary. When our AFC supplies her with everything all at once we think, yeah, the mystery is gone, he's not a challenge anymore, why would she be interested? This is true, but the reason that intrigue is gone is because there's no more potential for stimulating that need for communication or her imagination.

Lastly I should add that women are not above using overt communication when it serves their purposes. When a woman comes out and says something in a fashion so as to leave no margin for misinterpretation, you can bet she's been pushed to that point out of either fear or sheer exasperation when her covert methods wont work. "Can we just be friends?" is a covert rejection, "Get away from me you creep!!" is an overt rejection. When a woman opts for the overt, rest assured, she's out of covert ideas. This is an easy example of this, but when a woman cries on you, screams at you, or issues an ultimatum to you she is powerless to the point of having to come over to your way of communicating.

Likewise, men can and do master the art of covert communications as well. Great politicians, military generals, businessmen, salesmen to be sure, and of course master PUAs all use covert communications to achieve their goals. It's incorrect to think of covert communication as dishonest or amoral, or even in a moral context. It's a means to an end, just as overt communication is a means to an end, and that end whether decided by men or women is what's ethical or unethical.