Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why women sometimes want to be friends...

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you meet this HB at a party, you chat it up with her, you sense good interest level...The typical deal.

You see her again like two days later, you ask her on a date, and she says "I just want to be friends..."

I've come to the conclusion this is soley based on looks... She likes you to a degree, but your visual appearence is counter-acting the charisma and general aura you giveoff.

I'm looking for an opposing argument or agreement...

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aura has nothing to do with your looks!!!
Its how you are as a person. If you are happy with yourself then you give off that sense in your aura.

Look up aura.

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
YEAH YEAH PEOPLE SAY PERSONlity first
but that is usually a lie all the time

rks

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. There's a bigger part, which physicality DOES play a role in.

She thinks to herself "Can I be seen with this person?"( in public too). That's what it is.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duff
Aura has nothing to do with your looks!!!
Its how you are as a person. If you are happy with yourself then you give off that sense in your aura.

Look up aura.
Reread what I said, I said it counteracts the aura you giveoff, suggesting the objectional product of subjective content. ;)

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My pragmatic NLP inner voice tells me if she wants only to be friends, is because probably you did not put her in an excitment and/or arousal state...

But... sometimes you can do everything right and it still does not work... that's when I believe that she's probably insecure about going for someone new so fast, or she's got some other men in her mind...

And there's the possibility that she's testing you...

Go figure...
Woman are such devious creatures :D

BBB

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahahah UNREAD

LOLLZZ

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whatsupwiddat
Disagree. There's a bigger part, which physicality DOES play a role in.

She thinks to herself "Can I be seen with this person?"( in public too). That's what it is.
I understand that, but I'm assuming what your suggesting is in aggreance with that SS article, am I right? (The one suggesting that people will accept any person of the opposite sex, whom si moderately physically attractive -- but has much higher standards when the event is subject to observation by one's peers).

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to say that women put at least 50% of their decision into the looks factor.

If you were talking to a girl at a party who was totally cool but was a 3, and she asked you out, would you say yes?
Then again there's so many other factors to bring into the equation. Maybe she doesn't date alot. Maybe she likes a different type of guy, or maybe she just likes some other guy and doesn't want to date anyone else.

but then again if a hot bítch was talking to you and boring the shít out of you, then asked you out, would you say yes?
I would...

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
I'd have to say that women put at least 50% of their decision into the looks factor.

If you were talking to a girl at a party who was totally cool but was a 3, and she asked you out, would you say yes?

...why would I be talking to a 3 at a party in the first place?

Then again there's so many other factors to bring into the equation. Maybe she doesn't date alot. Maybe she likes a different type of guy, or maybe she just likes some other guy and doesn't want to date anyone else.

but then again if a hot bítch was talking to you and boring the shít out of you, then asked you out, would you say yes?
I would...

Definately
Like David DeAngelo (I think) said, some girls just like rejecting guys. They like going out all pampered and reject every guy who hits on her, then complain about how bad men are. That's just how b!tches are.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head

...why would I be talking to a 3 at a party in the first place?

Oh come on! If you refuse to *talk* to a girl cause she's a 3 then you have some serious problems...

if a girl did it to you you'd call her a bítch

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
Oh come on! If you refuse to *talk* to a girl cause she's a 3 then you have some serious problems...

if a girl did it to you you'd call her a bítch
I don't refuse to talk to them, but at parties I try to talk to the hotter girls. ...The uglies I talk to all have hot friends. :p

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word...

:cool:

#400!!! :)

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's draw a comparison.

We can say a chick "wanting to be friends" is the EQUIVALENT of when us guys get the number but just DON'T CALL.

In our situation, we get the chick's number, but for one reason or another she just doesn't fit our criteria that we look for in women. It might be looks. It might be personality. Hell, it might be the tiniest little thing, but it is something that puts her outside of 'women we are attracted to'. BUT - we would like to keep our options open, so we keep these kinds of women 'on the back burner' or 'on deck' as BACKUP PLANS or, if you prefer, the infamous "PLAN B". We will string them along in case our main options backfire, so we can always save face and go with our backup plan if our hot date cancels, etc. etc.

I'm going to assume that chicks are the same way. You get put into the friends zone because you've failed, in any which way, to get her thinking about you as attractive and suitable for her. Might be your personality. Might be your looks. Maybe your clothes. Doesn't matter - you're in the friends zone and now, she CAN go out with these 'male friends' without looking like a complete sl*t for going out with different guys all the time - "they are just friends". Also, because as it was once so eloquently put..."letting a woman try to advance the relationship is like playing pin the tail on the donkey" - they will just take random shots in the dark and hope that somehow they succeed. They THINK they know what they are doing, but don't. She might be putting guys into the friends zone to try to 'advance the relationship', since she can really 'talk' to him now. As we know, this won't work.

Anyways, that's my little bit.