Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why don't they call back?

American Iron

Reaction score
I came across this board several weeks ago and you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so I thought I would ask.

Three days ago (tuesday) I talked to a girl that I have known for several months. She said that she would call me back on thursday night to talk again. Last night rolled around and I received no phone call. What is the best way to handle this situation? Call her back today and act like nothing happened? Or just wait until she calls me back which could happen who knows when?

This is not a new thing and I have had this happen several times before with her and other girls. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why they do this. Is it normal for a girls to not call back when they say they will?

Murph

Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if she's a *****. Tell her to **** off. Find somebody else.

Bigsnake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the girl... I know some girls that never/rarely call back even if they are interested...

You can take it as a sign of low interest on her part though...

I use to think "she's going to call me!" and then when she didn't, I'd be upset... I then learned how females talk and never take anything they say as a promise... Never expect them to call... I've not heard many females say just "no" either... they always come up with some excuse, "I might come see you" "I have something else planned"

If you're interested, then give it a couple days, call, and try to setup something with her... just you two... you mention you were friend's w/ her before so make sure it's something that wouldn't be just two friend's hanging out... then you'll be able to judge her interest level in you better...

American Iron

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I guess there is more of this story that I should share with you.

I was sort of dating this girl for about a month and it was definately more than just friends. We had very strong feelings for each other in such a short amount of time. The only drawback was that it was long distance with her being about 8 hours away from me and I had only seen her several times in person. We also talked on the phone almost every night for 45 minutes or so.

About two weeks ago she called me and said that we needed to talk. She said that she had met a guy at her college and they were going out but that she still wanted to talk to me even though it would not be as often. I told her that I could accept the fact that she had a boyfriend since we were not officially going out but I also told her not to count on me ever calling her again. She then said that she didnt want it to be that way but that she couldnt force me to do anything.

I was holding true to what I said about never calling or messaging her and exactly one week later I received an instant message from her. She said that her relationship with the guy did not work out too well and that they would just be friends. She told me that she wanted to talk and to let her know if I wanted her to call me and when to call. I sent her a reply message telling her to call me thursday night and this is what my original post is about. I really like her but should I just end this completely now?

Thanks again.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*ck man, I've had women come right up to me and give me their phone numbers and I don't call them. I've given out my phone number to women that ask for it and they don't call either. Who knows?

As for this one, she probably doesn't have high enough interest or the patience to bother with a LDR.

What's with all the long distance relationship stuff I've been reading on here?

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by American Iron
....About two weeks ago she called me and said that we needed to talk. She said that she had met a guy at her college and they were going out but that she still wanted to talk to me even though it would not be as often.....

...I really like her but should I just end this completely now?

Thanks again.
no don't end it, she might need somebody to walk behind her and carry her packages when she goes shopping.

ok, seriously, she thought she could do better than you so she hooked up with another guy... don't be shocked if she repeats this pattern over and over until it comes true... if you wanna hang around, more power to ya, but if it was me, I'd stop wasting my time.

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
girls are ****ed up like that, just NEVER ever take it personally

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly she wants a guy who is close to her not a LDR (which is understandable). And she will stay on the lookout for that.

She wants you to play backup guy.

Can't see it going anywhere unless you are going to move closer to each other.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she your one-itis or something? You haven't stated if she was your girlfirend or girl you're dating. But a girl you know for months. Listen buddy, she probably gets off on your attention.

Chump.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by American Iron
I came across this board several weeks ago and you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so I thought I would ask.

Three days ago (tuesday) I talked to a girl that I have known for several months. She said that she would call me back on thursday night to talk again. Last night rolled around and I received no phone call. What is the best way to handle this situation? Call her back today and act like nothing happened? Or just wait until she calls me back which could happen who knows when?

This is not a new thing and I have had this happen several times before with her and other girls. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why they do this. Is it normal for a girls to not call back when they say they will?
Ok,i'm gonna stick to your actual questions so we can go through this step-by-step as you update us..

1.In this particular situation i'd call her back a week later.Of course you act like nothing happened .When you speak to her I want you to change your tone with her from freinds to pursuer.

2.Don't ask her out now as she will shut you down.

3.It happens with all girls cuz they are the ones who want to be chased..They build their entire ego's around it.It can also be that your taking a freind-ship route and that's not the way to go.

When you to talk these women you gotta talk them like you only wanna to date and have fun...not commit or be a freind cuz they see right through that.All of them put up a front after thr first few meetings you gotta muscle it out.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Why don't they call back?

Originally posted by Tha Realnezz
Ok,i'm gonna stick to your actual questions so we can go through this step-by-step as you update us..

1.In this particular situation i'd call her back a week later.Of course you act like nothing happened .When you speak to her I want you to change your tone with her from freinds to pursuer.

2.Don't ask her out now as she will shut you down.

3.It happens with all girls cuz they are the ones who want to be chased..They build their entire ego's around it.It can also be that your taking a freind-ship route and that's not the way to go.

When you to talk these women you gotta talk them like you only wanna to date and have fun...not commit or be a freind cuz they see right through that.All of them put up a front after thr first few meetings you gotta muscle it out.

LOL, your numbering your responses now. Now those idiots are really gonna think your me...TooSissy actually posted he still thinks we are the same...

It does look better when you number your thoughts homie. Keeps the ebonically challenged in check.

Now I know why I stopped commin here.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^I read his post. I'm saying a "Search" function is there for a reason they can be my guest and dig up some of my CLASSICS.

You know what's funny?If they would read what goes on in pimphop they'd think we where all the same.

:rolleyes: ...ahh..the ignorance.

Whatever..