"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Why do people talk on the phone so long and often?

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
3
How come some guys can call a girl and talk on the phone for hours and hours every single night of the week? WTF is the reasoning for this? People think I'm crazy because I never call any of my friends (guys or girls) and talk to them on the phone for a long period of time.

My one friend says he used to call his girlfriend every night of the week and talk for at least an hour when they were going out. I can kinda understand because it was sort of long distance and they only saw eachother on the weekends. However, my same friend calls this girl I know every night and they talk for at least an hour, and they're not going out. He doesn't even want to date her!!! WHY IS HE YAKING ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS EVERY NIGHT?!?!

I have other friends that call girls almost every night and talk to them for long periods of time. Someone shine some light on this for me. I've been thinking too hard about this for too long, and this pain medication I'm on isn't helping clear my mind :(
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Rondavu

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Age
50
I'd love to know the answer to this too. What your talking about for hours?

My best friend and I often laugh about this time he broke the sacred phone pact. You see we used to have a beautiful phone repore. We would get on, say what's up and what's doing, and then get off the damn phone. One day he called me and we had the most bizarre conversation ever. This is the general flow of how it happened....

Him: Hi
Me: What's up?
Him: Nothing what's up with you?
Me: You called me
Him: So?
Me: So what's up?
Him: Nothing just calling...no reason
Me: What are you wearing?
Him: Why?
Me: because we have to talk about something don't we?
Him: I'm not wearing anything
Me: Your naked?
Him: No..I mean I'm not telling you
Me: Why?
Him: Why would I tell you?
Me: I just thought it might be a cheerleader outfit
Him: What the....what are you talking about?
Me: Because only high school cheerleaders call to "just talk" bro
Him: Fine then lata (click)
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Originally posted by Rondavu
Him: Hi
Me: What's up?
Him: Nothing what's up with you?
Me: You called me
Him: So?
Me: So what's up?
Him: Nothing just calling...no reason
Me: What are you wearing?
Him: Why?
Me: because we have to talk about something don't we?
Him: I'm not wearing anything
Me: Your naked?
Him: No..I mean I'm not telling you
Me: Why?
Him: Why would I tell you?
Me: I just thought it might be a cheerleader outfit
Him: What the....what are you talking about?
Me: Because only high school cheerleaders call to "just talk" bro
Him: Fine then lata (click)
HAHAHA THAT'S KILLER $HIT!!!!!! loool
 

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
The people on the phone
are wondering how people can type
messages on a computer terminal to others for hours.
 

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by NatureGuy
The people on the phone
are wondering how people can type
messages on a computer terminal to others for hours.
Sorry but, everytime I read one of your posts, at the end of the sentence my brain mentally screams out "STOP". Can't you just kepp the flow going in one sentence? :)

To answer the original question, I'd rather call to arrange something and talk in person than through the phone. Although sometimes people are just bored so they ramble on and on and on about... nothing really.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Evil-Rom
To answer the original question, I'd rather call to arrange something and talk in person than through the phone. Although sometimes people are just bored so they ramble on and on and on about... nothing really.
What does that tell you about the girl's personality? ;)

BTW, LOL at the cheerleader thing! :D
 
Top