Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do people have to rub it in sometimes?

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not trying to sound too AFC or anything but why do so many people that are in relationships have to constantly rub it in other peoples' faces? Like they will constantly say stuff like "my boyfriend/girlfriend is AWESOME blah blah blah" and talk about them for a long time right in front of you. You just try to smile and say "well hey that's cool" or something like that. I know you guys have been in this situation many times (maybe).

It's like as though they have to talk about their boyfriend/girlfriend like that in order to make themselves feel better or something (and thus AFC-type behavior). I just try to ignore it but sometimes (especially when you hear it over and over in one day) it gets to you. Not that I'm desperate for a girlfriend or anything, but it makes you wonder whether the only reason they are in the relationship is just so that they "have someone"?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it might be in part due to their significant other playing a central role in their lives (for many people). If all you did was work, sleep, and play soccer then you'd probably talk about soccer all the time. If all you do is work, sleep, and do things with your g/f or b/f, then odds are good you'll want to talk about them, too. It's not that they are doing it on purpose or because they want to rub it in your face... rather it comes up because they have nothing better to discuss. I know it's not your responsibility to, but why don't you learn to become a better conversationalist so that you can steer the discussion away from things of that nature if you don't want to hear about it?

By the way, Anything Else...

Reaction score
what pisses me off is when your hanging with your friend and his gf comes over and they are smooching for 15 minutes in front of you.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dimebag_Darrell
what pisses me off is when your hanging with your friend and his gf comes over and they are smooching for 15 minutes in front of you.
that pisses me of too. its not about being jealous , sometimes some people are just plain iritating i never did that with my girlfriend so why do they have to rub it in my face like i care?. i was in the train minding my own business when this blonde sat next to me and was talking aloud on her cell phone about her boyfreind, i dunno what she was trying to prove, i also hate people that kiss eachother in my presence while looking at me or trying to get my attenshion, some poeple should get a life aside form thier boyfreinds or girlfriends it's really pathetic.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They're looking for affirmation; it makes them think they're better than they are.
I think that's accurate. Sure, I may jealous of them but do they really have to rub it in other peoples' faces like that? I mean is it really necessary? No.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think diablo was right on point.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How about just saying:"Hey, guess what! I don't give a sh1t about your stupid girlfriend!"

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why dont you rub it in that your not in a relationship "isnt it so great being single, you can do what you want, your not tide down and you are free to fcuk any girl you like"

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, do you care? I see no reason why you should.