Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are Sports people so 'cool' ?

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are sportsmen in school considered to be 'cooler' ( for lack of a better word) than the rest of their peers?

Is it due to the physical development or the confidence which comes with training? Or could it be due to the status conferred ?

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong forum

Moderators, this is in the wrong forum. Please move my post to "High School Forum". Thank you.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by g f l a s h 4 0 0 1
They are testosteronized males. Read Pook's "The Secret of the Jerk"
It doesn't have anything to do with hormones.

It's two-fold. 1, They're more confident than non-players and 2, They have a bigger rep. (Everyone knows the football players)

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
It doesn't have anything to do with hormones.

It's two-fold. 1, They're more confident than non-players and 2, They have a bigger rep. (Everyone knows the football players)
No, GFlash4001 is right.

That's why they are more attractive. The girls are attracted to the testorterone erlease, and guys look up to them for doing SOMETHING that people care about.

One of my favorite DJ's doesnt play dports. he went wild BMX at his school during lunch. Girls were attracted to the testosterone exertation, and the guys wish they could get that attention. Thus, "cool".

;) Good job Greg!

PS : 1701!

the lionheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
bmx is a sport chief.

being an athlete is most of the time a combination. obviously people know who you are cuz they see the jersey (status). they usually have better bodies (confidence/looks) and use them to their advantage (confidence). the ones that are good at the sport will be confident cuz they can beat a lot of other peoples asses (confidence).

testoserone is a matter of semantics. you can do a lot of things exerting hormones but nobody said it works in your favor.

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
My school is pretty weak in terms of athletics despite it being fairly large at around 1400 students. Most of the varsity athletes on the football, baseball, basketball, wrsesteling teams aren't that popular -- maybe , they make up the seccond tier of "popularity." The guys who really pull the chicks at my school are the ones who dress really trendy with fancy brands and dress fairly formal. Where I am, athletes are NOT cooler than the rest of the population.

I'm a cyclist, which isn't a school sport because it's difficult to get started in the sport, (it IS a team sport though, contrary to what some of you may think). I spend at least twenty hours a week training for my sport, and nobody really understands what it is that I'm doing except for the physical education teachers -- whom I've informed about what it is that I do.

Anyway -- the phys. ed. teachers have made me the poster boy for athletic dedication in my school. Ladies come up to me all the time and tell me how their phys. ed. teacher was telling the class how I work so hard and am very dedicated, that I'm crazy strong, and thing like: "His resting pulse is at 42, and his heart pumps 50% more blood with one beat than a normal person."

This "good press" is way more beneficial to my rep than being a "school athlete" would be. Practically the WHOLE SCHOOL has heard about me from these phys. ed. teachers.

BTW: I just found out I earned a $9,000 a year scholarship from my 1st choice college because of my cycling. And that's on top of another scholarship they're giving me because of academics!

- Maurizio

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hah i should of known maurizio would come to brag about his road biking, (real men downhill mountain bike btw). :D

girls like guys with hobbies or soemthing that they dedicate themselves to. sports are the most common form of hobby. simple as that.

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lil devun
hah i should of known maurizio would come to brag about his road biking, (real men downhill mountain bike btw). :D
Haha. I'm in the same boat as Maurizo (lose the bike though...I bounce orange balls and throw it in a little ring). Sports people aren't the "coolest" or most respected. It's the people who dress trendy and stuff that are cool. And my school is pretty big on sports.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out I earned a $9,000 a year scholarship from my 1st choice college because of my cycling. And that's on top of another scholarship they're giving me because of academics!
Isn't that against the rules? I talked with a college football coach and asked about scholarships for people on the team, and he said you can't be "paid" (in scholarships or otherwise) to play any sport. That's in Canada, but I think NCAA regs are about the same.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just found out I earned a $9,000 a year scholarship from my 1st choice college because of my cycling. And that's on top of another scholarship they're giving me because of academics!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that against the rules? I talked with a college football coach and asked about scholarships for people on the team, and he said you can't be "paid" (in scholarships or otherwise) to play any sport. That's in Canada, but I think NCAA regs are about the same.
Almost all the players on the good US basketball/football teams are on full scholarships to play, part of the reason only about 50% graduate. They can't accept cash payments or gifts, but they can get their full college tuition paid for.

At least I think that's right, if I'm wrong someone correct me.

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
word

that baller kid whos in highschool.. uh i think his name is lebrawn or something, he was given cars and clothes and stuff and he was suspended from playing the rest of the year.

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
It does not matter. If you are an AFC, no matter what you sport you are in, you are still an AFC.

EpsilonArmati

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bah!

Roadies are too anal and DH only works when you have an actual downward slope to work with; I'd love to see you climb ;)

Seriously, though, girls love guys who aren't losers whose hobbies are getting drunk and getting high. Even though it is unfortunate that those seem to be the favorite pasttimes of younger generations, girls instinctively want guys who show maturity and dedication (meaning they'll be good providers and fathers). Getting high is not going to feed the kids, but winning $50,000 in prize money and sponsorships will.