Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WHO AM I? (spent a LONG time on this one)

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly thank anyone who reads this. I know its long, but I've been working on it for over a week now, and I think I've finally managed to say all that I need to say.

Who am I? I think I've figured it out, and its taken me my entire childhood up to my senior year here to figure it out. Maybe after reading this, you'll have an idea of who you are.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here - I'm in no way a "zen master" of this Don Juan Craft thing. I've also yet to see anyone who truly, truly is. Along the two year road of my time on this site, I've had an incredible ammount of up's and down's with my social life. I started off as a pretty solemn and quiet kid who kept to himself, and yet even after I started applying these techniques which have helped me not only in relationships, but with with myself, and I wasnt even aware of some of my dreams that were coming true in the process. I accepted it as being "the way it should of" and moved on, without even hardly a congradulations to myself for even attempting some of this stuff I at once thought was impossible. I feel like I've grown by leaps and bounds as a person, and I have. I also know that there's most definately a few times I stumbled, fell, and maybe even stayed down for a little while, but ultimately I look at all those falls and realize I'm still standing now.

I also got too comfortable with my new found glory at one time, which eventually lead me to being somewhat "over present" or even too eager in some situations. Trust me, it is very possible to be a little "too much" with techniques; there's a comfortable medium level you've got to find to apply them correctly and accourdingly. I would like to say that as a person, I have no boundaries. As a realistic human being, though, I have to be aware that I have a margin and/or possibility of error; everyone does.

The worst part about trying to throw everything I thought I knew into the mix at once, and not being successful was trying to compensate for it by slowing down almost all together. I look back on my High School career and see it filled with victories and defeats, though even the defeats are kind of like little victories because I still had the courage to try. The thing that makes each of these victories bittersweet, however, are the various and mercifully somewhat spread out regrets. These are times that I now look back on and say "If I only had done this, said that, etc." I at times literally choke on these regrets because it's hard to accept the fact that no one has a time machine and I have to live with the outcome forever. It's the worst feeling in the world right now knowing about all the times I should of done something I didnt, and I'll warn you of that right now. Time may "heal all wounds," but believe the hype that you've (hopefully) got a lot of it infront of you, and its easy to take that for granted.

I also grew to be very, very impatient with things for a time. I'll tell you straight off that having a low threshold for patience is going to kill you in the long run. It might as well be classified as a deadly sin for the effect it can have. Combine that with a little frustration, and you've got a vicious circle. Hell, there isn't even a way to cure low patience other than forcing yourself to have more of it.

I've learned a lot about who I am through the time I've been alive so far, and it's almost like an epiphany when you look back at what you've accomplished and ACCEPT it. You dont have to be thrilled with it, and most definately dont turn your back to it, but take the good, remember the bad, and go from there. I know I've walked the edge many, many times in my life so far, but I never let myself fall, and that's something I'm personally very proud of. I'd never trade my persistence and potentials for anything in the world, and I can only try to make those qualities help the pieces of me that aren't so strong yet.

In closing, as I've been trying to get at all along, it's unimaginably, unconditionaly, and irreplacibly crucial that, despite how low you might feel yourself sink, you never let the sun set on tomarrow, before it rises today. I want all of you to promise me this, because chances are, all you need is more time to make things right. I know I did/still do, and sitting here typing this to all of you right now only reminds me of how glad I am to not just throw in the towel. I never will, not for anything. Make this day the first of the best part of your life. I can tell you right now that there's going to be times ahead that you're going to be scared, nervous, uncertain, maybe even on the verge of giving up on yourself, but those times are only paths down the road of your life, and you dont have to follow those paths. Wait, scratch that, you wont follow those paths.

Here's to you all...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Cablelight, especially for people on the verge of quitting. Glad that you were able to pick yourself up and never gave up, no matter how far you dipped.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, as life goes on, we have new and old demons to fight. Our problems put us on our knees... but we insist in standing up and running, because we're born to win the race...
I'm happy for you man, seriously. It takes a lot of time to come to the conclusions you came... I've been thinking about things like that a lot too.. but still hadn't reached the final insights...

Congratulations Man !!

From your brother Moderator

BBB

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post cablelight.
Iam glad you were able to realize that you should never give up, and it can always get better.
Iam also glad that you realize that being a DJ isnt about throwing out all of the techniques all of the time.
Anyway,
Great post cablelight.
Very motivational.

Eventide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
props

nice post man, as corny as it sounds, it touched me.

very moving.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...I know its kind of a cliche`, and I dont want to sound like your parents, but its important to set priorities on literally everything. Wishing for things you dont really need isn't sensible, and there's no point in getting angry and saying you lost something you never had.

Wish I could put it better into words exactly how much better it feels to finally just sort of "get all that out," and I'd encourage anyone that wants to to do the same.

Remember: If you want something, get it. If you're into someone, tell them. If you have something, use it. It's like this quote I'm trying to use more of:

"Those moments, after which, we would wish to do over do not diminish the other moments, after which, we could wish for nothing more."

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was possible at the moment, I'd toast to that.

Except I don't have a glass to toast with.

And there's nobody nearby to toast with, either.

Well, there goes all MY fun :mad:.

Good stuff. If I had more time I'd post my deep, profound thoughts on this, but I've got places to be and women to meet. Times are VERY good around here :D.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...

I'd like to think we've been thru a good part of our HS lives together, mike. Back in the day, it was fela's like you who I turned to, who kept me from fallin down, god bless you [all] for that.

I know your off to college next year, and a hole new beginning awaits you, but do me a faver Mike, don't lay down yet, because this is senior year, your gonna remember this for the rest of your life... make it worth remembering!

And to everyone else, right about now, one of those moments I WISH with all my heart I could do over, the kind Mike is talking about, is biting me in the butt. Every day I look in this girls eyes and I think "Why didn't I just <none of your business ;)>?" But I realized, just as Mike has [and wrote about]:

"The things that happened yesterday, they don't have to happen every day" - Jack Carter

So lets go live our lives, eh?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good post, im finishing my senior class year as well, and trying to make the best out of it. now to go find a prom date!

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing, Anthony (I think thats the first time I've used your real name here), is right before I read your post I was thinking to myself, and that quote in my signature popped into my head:

"Always remember those you love, for even in death no one is ever truly gone as long as they're remembered."

I kept thinking, "Hell, even if I'm never going to see 80% of these people I'm with right now ever again in my life, they're some of the biggest contributors to who I am. Friends, teachers, family, etc. Even those every day events - dances, parties, small dates; things that seem just like any other mark on the calendar are so much more. These are things I want to live on forever."

The original thought that prompted me to writting the original post was the thought that I wasn't ever going to see these people again and how what I did this last year wouldn't make a lot of difference in the long run, and I started to give up. It wasn't until after I had that thought that I realized that if I am really going to say goodbye to all these people, I want them to remember me, just as I'm going to remember them. Assuring that means making the most of the least certain time of your life. That day will come, my friends, when you'll say goodbye to all your friends - how do you want it to be?

And guys, again, these every day things (days at school, proms, concerts), things you do - they're much more than what they appear on the outside, ESPECIALLY because theres only a limited amount of them.

Dont waste it...Dont waste it. Please.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Seize the moment", is that it? :p

CableLight, this is great stuff you've written. Actually I wish I had written this; because it looks like it's taken right from my life!

I started off as a pretty solemn and quiet kid who kept to himself, and yet even after I started applying these techniques which have helped me not only in relationships, but with with myself, and I wasnt even aware of some of my dreams that were coming true in the process. I accepted it as being "the way it should of" and moved on, without even hardly a congradulations to myself for even attempting some of this stuff I at once thought was impossible.
That is excatly what I went through! I've been here pretty much as long as you - two years ago I first started lurking on this site. And let me tell you; last summer I was thinking to myself: "I dunno, this DJ thing hasn't really changed my life that much".

Then I found a note I had written a lot earlier, back from the times when my DJ career was only at it's beginning - if it had even started. And the note was labelled: "10 things I'm never going to be able to do." I didn't even remember when I had written it, but I recognized my own handwriting.

And when I found it, I realized that I had already accomplished 5 of those 10 things! That's when I realized how much I had not even understood all the self-improvement that I had been doing. Since then, I have seen everything in a different light. And even though there are still 3 things for me to accomplish on that list, I know now that nothing is too hard ---

As long as you do what CableLight here has shared with us. "Never let the sun set on tomarrow, before it rises today." That's a piece of wisdom, I tell you.

Thank you, CableLight. This post was awesome to read.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Carpe Diem!"

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Semper Vivate."

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I mean, Anson. The whole thing about "Not even realizing when your dreams are coming true," is like a revelation in itself when you catch it.

I know theres a lot of people here that are so focused and so intent on "one thing," and whatever that "one thing" is sort of varies from person to person, but they tend to consentrate strictly on it and not even realize all the other little things they're doing. It's frustrating if that "one thing" you're chasing doesn't happen, but all the motivation you need to keep going might be within the various other things you've accomplished.

So hell yeah, seize the day!

"Problems are just opportunities in work clothes."
- Henry Kaiser

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
- Joshua Marine

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't."
- Richard Bach

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read it again... it's still good! :cool:

Bump!

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how the hell I missed something by Cablelight. but it was during my "i wont post" period.

Brilliant. I don't think I could have caught this at a better time, while me and Matrix are giong through such a tough time with this massive post of ours.

Cable I hope I get to see you post more!

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading posts like these always touch my heart... so to brother moderator, I commend you CableLight... this is truly inspirational words. Everything that you said was so true. We don't know how long we are here guys... time is not on our side in life, it was here before we came and will still be moving about long after we are gone. So make the best of the time that we have here. My father always tells me that time is wasted on the youth... and I think that is very true. This the prime of our lives (for many of us) and once these days pass us by... it's over and we can't get it back. You all know I collect quotes and this is one of my favorites:

"One thing you can't recycle is wasted time."

Anon.

There is no spoon...

Damn im fine

Don Juan
Reaction score
excellente

very profound. i applaud it.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys ever hear that song by Incubus (one of their more popular ones) called "Wish You Were Here"? Its about a person who find themself in a place/moment of complete paradise, and wants to share it with someone else of like mind. I find myself in that situation a lot around here - Random thoughts, ideas, etc. Just a bunch of things in your mind you think of and wonder if anyone else thinks about it too. Reading all your guys' responces thus far has been one of the coolest little experiences I've had on this site in a while because it just reminds of of something I always knew - I'm not alone; not alone in the good, the bad, or the inbetween. I thank you guys immensely for that, and the only thing I can do is offer the same convenience in return. I'm here for you guys; everyone.

Of course, I dont know how long I'll be around here (its not forever ;) ) , but there's always someone here. Always. Seems like one of the things that troubles most people is that they think they're alone. Let it be known how far from reality this actually is.

Keep in touch:

snydezilla5481@hotmail.com
mikezilla5481 (AOL messenger)

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have the time, read this post throu to the end, it is worth it, trust me :)
Cablelight, here are just a few of my thoughts on your post.
You never will meet a true Don Juan. Cause they do not exsist. All of this I-am-the-don-juan-and-thou-art-the-stupid-afc is pure bullshyat. Even the label "Don Juan" is very misinterpreted by much, much of the people here.
The explanation?
All of us here are completly different. At the time of our making, we all got totaly different and unique blueprint, i'll call it "box," and we all act accordingly to what we got in the box. Some cherish thigs others detest. And one can grow up strong, lean and mean with something that would have killed someone else. The only thing that is true to all of the don juan legacy is confidence and balls. Everything else is for every individual to sort out for himslef. We all have different backgrounds, different ways of thinking and different standards for all that which is around us... so the term "Don Juan," and who is and who is not it, is quite slippery... off the record, for me, it's total crap.
And another blow to term is just what you wrote in all of you post. You keep stressing, the ups and downs, the ups and downs, the ups and downs that never end. Well Cablelight, my man... they never will. This is just what i recently discussed with somone who is (ironicaly :D ) a woman, 50 years of age, and who summoned everything up that is to the DJ principal in a few simple sentances. Here is the shortened version:
"Self improvment, the ups and downs, the "growing up," the "struggling," if you wish, never ends (well actually, it does... once we are 6 feet under :) ). It is simply a neverending process that we either live throu until we bite the dust the common way, or simply to the day when we, whatever the reason, head for that big sosuave forum in the sky.
So, Cablelight? you have my pat on the shoulder for all that you got throu, for all that you strated to understand and to see, but still, don?t pat youself too much. It?s time to stop congradulating youself (all justified, of course), put the backpack back on your shoulder and start for the rest of the road that is ahead of you. I?d say you still got about 50 years of walking to do ;)
And one final thought, which should be on the Nr. 1 page in the Bible, but I have not seen it anywhere. The principles of the DJ, which we worship so much, should all have a warning sign on them "DANGEROUS, IF NOT APPLIED CORRECTLY!"
Confused?
Allow me to explain
This one is from the same DJ woman, which I mentioned before.
All of us here, on this site, strive for success. But not even one of all the so called AFCs or the DJs (oh, man, I hate labels) could INDENTIFY what S-U-C-C-E-S-S really stands for. Banging 10 women a week? A polished Armani suit? A stable carrer? A happy family life? Well? Don?t ask me. I don?t have a friggin clue what it is. But the only thing I DO see here on this site is soooooooooooooo many people striving for perfection. Which, of course, they cannot achive. And never will. The result is 100s of post like "What the friggin fyck am I doing wrong? I have confidence, I look good, I can move like Michael Jackons but I still fell like a pound of shyt! Help, DJ brothers!"
All of this is striving for something, that we do not even know what truly is, and which we will never reach. And this site presses on that exatct button, constantly, like it was crazy! Improve! Be better! You must do it! Strive! Climb! You must! Be a man!
But for what?
Emm? ?Wait, let me check the bible again.
This is truly a wonderful way of getting an indentity crisis! Trust me, I speak from personal experiences on this site.
If you are applying the DJ principles without first seeing if your "box" agrees with them, then you are heading for trouble. Those kinds, when you bang your fists against the wall, screaming "What is going on?! Why cannot I succeed? What is wrong with me?! AaaaRRRGHH!"

Keep thinking people. Self observance and improvement is good, while it is positive and is aimed at "Let's see what is good for me and my "Box", and what is not". But once we get one the negative side (when we strive for the unachivable, and blindly accept pricipals which we see or hear. Yes, That includes the DJ ones too)... then the hell begins.

Peace