"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

white lies-potential problem or really no big deal?

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
White lie- A lie committed with no real malicious intent to deceive or mislead.

I'd love to be able to remember and rationalize the actual context of the lie (that the lie itself carried very little importance or relevance for anything serious or consequential)


YET


I still have a problem with somebody LYING STRAIGHT to my face, regardless if its a white lie. And then you call them on their bullshyt (cuz you know they were bullshyttin you all along) and try to find out why they felt the need to lie to you in the 1st place..then they become defensive yada yada yada.

I don't pretend to be some fvcking saint. However, I truly live my life with a mentality that I have nothign to hide, especially from my loved ones. If somebody i care about asks me a question (probably fully knowing the answer), I'll admit to whatver I did, regardless of its magnitude. I do that because I know it would really bother me if somebody would lie to me straight to my face.

Thoughts?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It depends on the nature of the lie. If I tell someone, "I'm eating dinner with my parents," instead of, "I'm planning a surprise birthday party for you," it's different than telling someone "I'm a virgin" vs "I'm banging both your sisters and your mom at the same time."
 

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
0
Location
montreal, PQ
ha!

Dude...of course..

But lets say this person wasnt doing me ANY favors by lying..they were lying simply to cover their own backs..so that, in their minds at least, they wouldnt look so ridiculous by admitting the truth.
 
Top