Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

whey protein shakes in relation to workout

Reaction score
what do the experts say about when are the best times to consume the whey protein shakes in relation to workouts? What times of day? How many hours or minutes before and after heavy weight mass building workouts?;)

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not the greatest person to be giving advice about Helath and Fitness, but when I did some checking into it, I was told three hours prio to workout and within fifteen minutes after ending it.

If one of the more experienced DJ's in this regard can shed some more light on the subject, then by all means enlighten the both of us, but that's what I've been doing.

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I make a shake three times a day, in the morning after breakfast, after school, and after dinner.

Dubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CyranoDeBergerac
I'm not the greatest person to be giving advice about Helath and Fitness, but when I did some checking into it, I was told three hours prio to workout and within fifteen minutes after ending it.

If one of the more experienced DJ's in this regard can shed some more light on the subject, then by all means enlighten the both of us, but that's what I've been doing.
Very true. your body is most ready and accepting of whey in the morning. i have one at about 10:30, 2 hrs after breakfast, i also make one and bring it to the gym. towards the end of your workout your body is in need of protein so i like to start taking it when i have my last 2 excercises( 6 sets) but only have about 10 of the 30+ ounces until i finish lifting

-Dubs:mad:

glowstix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
140 grams of protein

The hard working athletic body requires 150 grams of protein a day. What I do is this..

1.) upon wakening up in morning 1 serving with breakfast

2.) 3 hours later 1 serving with a light snack

3.) 1 serving with lunch

4.) 1 serving 3 hours later with light snack

5.) 1 serving with dinner

6.) 1 serving before bed

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get an IV, fill it with skim milk and whey protein. Then let it feed into your body all day long.

Blade

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi LittleBrownbear,

Whey protein is a fast acting protein and so the best times to have it are

1) When you wake up - your muscles have been deprived from protein all night

2) Before you work out - 30mins - 1 hour before you work out. It is supposedly good to have some amino acids floating around your bloodstream whilst you are working out

3) After your workout - your muscles need protein quick so again whey is good. You should also eat some carbs as well.

I had a little look at my local GNC at other types of protein, and there is quite alot of new types which supposedly work over a longer period so perhaps with these it is not so important when you take them. Howver, I do know that before bedtime, it is better to have a slow-acting protein like casein to prevent muscle loss. Cottage cheese is pretty good.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A recent study on test.net showed that guys who took whey 45-90min before working out produced sufficient GH during the workout. Guys without it produced nearly none. There's something about the aminos in the system. Take another one right after your workout too. Those are the only two really essential times.

Any other doses of whey should be determined by whether or not you have the cash to sustain a heavy whey diet. You can have eggs in the morning, and a dairy-based shake at night and it will do you just as good as a shake. The ball is in your court.