Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where do you work out?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big or small gym? Lotsa bells and whisles or no frills? What does it cost?

My apt. complex has a decent fitness room, but I've outgrown it and it's limited anyways. I am getting ready to join a medium size gym just a few blocks from where I live. Only $25 a month...not bad. And if you want to join the girlie classes they are included in the price.

My former gym was big and plush. You know, the juice bar, big screen tv's, jacuzzi, the whole deal. The price for a new member was right at $50 per month when I left. Pretty steep if you ask me.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, besides it's useless.
There are 2 kind of gyms:
REAL gyms, where ppl go to get big/strong and girly gyms, where ppl go to talk & pick up girls (not necesarly bad, but your main focus should be the workout) & do curls & bench 5 times a week.

I go to a gym with the typical guys who go 1 month every year to get more defined biceps for the summer, but it also has some big guys.
There's one who weights 255 pounds at a decent bf % who was a local winner (in my country, Argentina) 3 times in a row. Pretty cool eh?

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to one of the fancy expensive gyms now. It is more family oriented, thus I don't really worry about picking up. Can't tell about some of the girls who may be in college but might instead be in high school!

I should really go to my college gym for the scenery though! I just don't like the facilities there as much and it is a sausage fest in the weight room and you have to wait around to use some of the benches.

The-Missing-Link

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the cheapest gym in my town and i have to say that it is also the best. Expensive gyms suck. I visited one and they almost only had machines. There was one very small corner with free weights but it was totally packed with big guys. Looked funny. I asked if that is all and the trainer told me i would only hurt myself (i problems with my back that is why i started training) with free weights. BUT you are able to watch TV while doing cardio.Whoaaa!

strong like bull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i go to LA Fitness. its real borderline. there are 30+ machines, 20+ cardio machines, sauna, pool, hot tub, and a SNACK BAR (?!?!).

thankfully, there is a large room at one end of the gym with 2 squat racks, 3 flat benches, a few incline benches, then a DB set going up to like 175.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
Yeah, besides it's useless.
There are 2 kind of gyms:
REAL gyms, where ppl go to get big/strong and girly gyms, where ppl go to talk & pick up girls (not necesarly bad, but your main focus should be the workout) & do curls & bench 5 times a week.
I dunno...the girly gym was certainly more of a social event for some but there were quite a few hardcore lifters there. Had a nic variety of free weights and some great machines for cable work.

Haven't done the trial at the new joint yet but it's a decent size place so I'm assuming I'll get a better workout that I'm stuck with now.

How much are they charging in other parts of the country (or world)??? I'm curious.

[This message has been edited by STR8UP (edited 11-30-2002).]

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the only gym in town, but there's one 15 minutes away with pools and ****.

Anyway, my gym is used by all kinds of people, but there's some bodybuilders who go, and some people who take training very seriously. It's pretty simple, but it's got lots of machines 'cause there's lots of weaker people who just work out to keep in shape who go there.

The gym users are mostly guys tho, like the football team and the bodybuilders I already talked about. The people who work and train there are really helpful, too, and that's always a good thing about a gym. They know their stuff or they'll show you someone who does. I love it.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a small gym that is frequented by hardcore bodybuilders and women that look like strippers. I simply use the weights and machines and do not bother with aerobics classes. There is also a juice bar, tanning, and an extensive array of cardio machines.

The cost is $300 per year. That's Canadian funds; therefore, it would be something like $160 US.

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish i could join a Worlds Gym. Thats hardcore!

I go to a semi-P*ssy gym (excuse my lang.)Reason being that many guys go their to show off. And often these old men go to try to pick up high school girls. Sorry, but you have to a TOTAL LOSER to hit on high school girls when you are like 30 years or older.

Anyways, I payed 250$ for 15 months in mine.Not bad, it has what i need..and is only 2 blocks from my house. My older gym was 300$ for 12 months, and was 1 block from my house.!