Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When to do the approach

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who want to be approached usually will give subtle tale signs that she wants men in general to approach her

the biggest one is that she pays attention to her surroundings. Basically she scans in an unconscious way for men that she deems worthy

second biggest one is that she will always stay at the extremis of the group that she is part of

more or less , she makes easier the approach for guys

her being in a receptive approach before you even do the approach is key to improve your ratio

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I ever go off of is whether or not they make eye contact with you. And not incidental eye contact but they type where you look up randomly and see them looking at you and they don't avert their gaze. There's a kind of look you can see in their eyes that they're intrigued by you.

If a girl isn't even looking in your general direction it's probably a fair assumption she isn't interested.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she is attractive. I approach :)

As I said before:
In order to fck a girl. you need to:
  • Assume she likes you (even if she didn't look your way or gave you any indicators that she might like you).
And she needs to be:
  • Attracted to you (she may have not noticed you ("no indicator that she might like you" ) cuz she was on her phone texting her friends/looking for her friends/reading a book, when you went up to her).
(only thing that prevent it from going down is getting cokblocked by logistics/friends).
Last night I approach two girls consecutively standing in front of their hotel.

For context: first was russian. The other was latina. Both were smoking cigarettes. The russian was there alone. And the latina was bisexual. Her girlfriend along with their nice guy friend was upstairs in their room. I approach both with same level of confidence. Ask indirect question. Making them laugh. Both were laughing and asking me questions. According to PUAs these are IOIs indicators of interest. But in my opinion, I think we should get rid of this word because it means nothing if she doesnt allow you to get up her her space and gets weird with you touching her (even if its calbrated excuse to touch her).

As I said before, this is the REAL clear sign she likes you THAT way
she lets you physically escalate (receptive to you putting your hands on her, receptive to you getting up in her space)
It was night and day between these two. I got nowhere with the russian (I guess I wanted to prove a point and persisted) and with the latina it was there. Her jealous girlfriend call her 3 times because she take 40 minute smoke break. She knew some charismatic player was chatting her up ;)

This video is very good for the philosophy of this

Last edited:

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both were laughing and asking me questions. According to PUAs these are IOIs indicators of interest. But in my opinion, I think we should get rid of this word because it means nothing if she doesnt allow you to get up her her space
Once again we're on the same page lol
I used to get annoyed when i'd write field reports where a girl was talkative and maybe laughing at my jokes. Hell, maybe she didn't even reject sex talk and people would be like 'Huge IOI's. She wanted you! If you didn't bang her, it's because you need more NLP/negs/insert-meme-here'.
It's just not as simple as that. Some girls will be open to all kinds of convo if they happen to be sociable or whatever. There's a big difference when a girl is actually attracted. Even before testing the waters and 'getting up in her space' as you say, I basically always know at this point.

And yes, when it comes to the actual approach, I always 'assume attraction' anyway. I don't tend to wait for IOI's although I can see why people do

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no "WHEN".

You just approach any woman you find visually attractive enough for you, get her into a conversation, and make her feel comfortable enough to accept a date with you right on the spot, or at least exchange her phone number with you. You'll either succeed or fail, doesn't matter, but there's no "WHEN".

DTim88

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no "WHEN".

You just approach any woman you find visually attractive enough for you, get her into a conversation, and make her feel comfortable enough to accept a date with you right on the spot, or at least exchange her phone number with you. You'll either succeed or fail, doesn't matter, but there's no "WHEN".
This is my mentality as well..life is to short if I score I score if not move on to the next girl

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who want to be approached usually will give subtle tale signs that she wants men in general to approach her
This was more true prior to 2007 (year of the first iPhone model) than it is today, though it is still true. Since smartphones have gotten more popular, women have gotten worse at signaling interest.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was more true prior to 2007 (year of the first iPhone model) than it is today, though it is still true. Since smartphones have gotten more popular, women have gotten worse at signaling interest.
what I was trying to say is that women who are actively looking to be approached will give general clues that she wants to be approached

more or less like female mammals start making sounds that she is ready to mate

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what I was trying to say is that women who are actively looking to be approached will give general clues that she wants to be approached

more or less like female mammals start making sounds that she is ready to mate
That's right.

I was astounded in the 2011-2013 era when I was in the bars and so few guys were getting signals. My 6'4" friend would just spam approach while buzzed or shiitfaced without many IOIs. That's when I knew smartphones were changing it all.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

the biggest one is that she pays attention to her surroundings. Basically she scans in an unconscious way for men that she deems worthy

second biggest one is that she will always stay at the extremis of the group that she is part of

her being in a receptive approach before you even do the approach is key to improve your ratio
Another indicator is that she changes her facial expression to look like slightly less of a biatch.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that I'm pretty good at "appearing approachable" and I've had a few women follow me outside when leaving a venue to ask me if I was available. In most of those circumstances I was being social with a large group of people. I did have a couple women approach me at my car after I changed my shirt after a run.

My experiences approaching women without previous eye contact and a smile were pretty abysmal. But by getting positive feedback, my percentages were a lot better.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about it: have you ever been nice to a woman that you didn’t intend to ask out? Of course you have. It’s human nature (unless you’re a total prick). Women work the same way, even if slightly less so. The thing is some desperate guys will wet themselves instantly just because a girl laughed at a joke they made. But do they really think that a girl hears a joke, and says “well, I don’t think he’s cute, so I won’t laugh.” Of course they don’t think that way. If the joke is funny, they will laugh. If it’s not, they still might laugh if they are attracted to you. Same for giving signals, some girls just do this to all men, just like us guys give these signals to all women. Just because it’s a carpet bombing doesn’t mean it’s not a strategy. Don’t get all excited if a girl is giving signs. Just go with the flow.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about it: have you ever been nice to a woman that you didn’t intend to ask out? Of course you have. It’s human nature (unless you’re a total prick). Women work the same way, even if slightly less so. The thing is some desperate guys will wet themselves instantly just because a girl laughed at a joke they made. But do they really think that a girl hears a joke, and says “well, I don’t think he’s cute, so I won’t laugh.” Of course they don’t think that way. If the joke is funny, they will laugh. If it’s not, they still might laugh if they are attracted to you. Same for giving signals, some girls just do this to all men, just like us guys give these signals to all women. Just because it’s a carpet bombing doesn’t mean it’s not a strategy. Don’t get all excited if a girl is giving signs. Just go with the flow.
yes, pretty much.

I remember when I first got into PUA theory and stuff, and it was really sold hard at the time - the idea that if she talks back, or hasn't moved away from you or laughs at a joke etc, that it's a massive IOI.

I'd sometimes have sets where them things were in place, but I just knew she wasn't 'attracted'. So i'd be there chatting and teasing and pushpulling and whatever else. I could tell she was just friendly and social but not attracted, and if I tried to escalate in some way (I had read to do so in such situations), I was shot down pretty hard. I'd write an FR and people were like ''You should have done strawberry fields on her! She was obviously attracted. She laughed at your joke and asked what you do for a living!!!'' lol

But with experience, you learnt that girls are different. I didn't do anything 'wrong'. Some girls are just social and friendly and they will ask you lots of questions, laugh at your jokes, and are even happy to talk about sex and stuff! Doesn't mean that they are attracted to you or that you have a shot.

It was yet another instance of wishing i'd backed myself at the time and trusted my instincts instead of listening to 'PUA's' on forums and youtube etc (I'm naturally good at knowing when a girl is attracted to me or not. It's easy!)

Kinda reminds me of that 'pua cringe' video someone posted here recently. I felt sorry for the student as he was being given 'advice' about what he should have done by the 'coach' - but it was clear that the student had more social awareness and calibration than the freaking coach he was paying lol! He could sense when a girl wasn't interested and wanted to get away, and the coach is like 'No she really liked you!! You could have insta dated her. Go back and try again!''. Like, the girl literally had ZERO interest in the dude haha

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt sorry for the student as he was being given 'advice' about what he should have done by the 'coach' - but it was clear that the student had more social awareness and calibration than the freaking coach he was paying lol!
10:00 - 12:30

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women get approached/hit on by guys all the time - women are afraid of appearing too friendly in case guys get the wrong idea about her. When a woman is out in public, unless she's a total Ho, she will always be somewhat guarded. She doesn't want to send out availability signals because it's like feeding chips to seagulls. She'll get swarmed.

You will literally never know unless you approach. I've approached women with extreme resting-b1tch faces, who turned into easy lays.
I was referring more to the idea to when you will have the highest chance

it is more about moving away from spam to a more targeted approach

the main problem with spam game is that overall it is quite time and energy consuming

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo

They don't put that much thought into it. She can also be packed in the middle of the chick group all the while complaining that the guys aren't interested in her and she doesn't get approached.

Or if she is really hot she may put some planning into it and will bury herself in the middle of the group to keep the constant flow of dweebs getting to her,...then she will break from the group when the Hawt Guy shows up and she'll make the effort to go say hi to him.