Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

when do you pop the question?

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When is a good time to ask if a girl is single or not? Right after opening line or after a few min of conversation?

How do you transistion from talking about a topic (school, jobs etc) to asking the questin "Are u single?" I feel that my transistion is akward and that there is a big "gap" between my transistion. What are some trick to having a smoother transistion?

Am I too paranoid or something?

Last edited:

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends on how you are close with her or how friendly you are to her.

it all depends and she might have answered that way because she was doing something.

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a debate about asking such a question.

I do believe that a lot of women are in relationships and not happy.

So lets say things are going good and you ask a girl if shes single, and shes not and unhappy. The question may make her think and put too much emphasis that feeling attractive to you is in someway wrong. Making her say no.

I think it depends on what your after. If your looking for a LTR, then maybe its not such a bad idea. You don't want a chick who sticks around if unhappy.

But I find it better just to ask for the number, and that is usually when I know I am going to get it.

I rather hear no from a number close, then a possible yes i am single, no you can't have my number.

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't say it directly. It can come off the wrong way if it isn't said correctly and/or at the right time. It can also come off too strong.

Generally you can hint to her what you want and find out pretty quick!

If you approach her with interest then she will instantly know what you want (women understand body language better than us guys).

When done properly you can find out if she's single by the time you number close. Maintain eye contact and smile d@mmit!!!

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i am a dj in training so be a more specific.

How can I indirectly ask if she's single or not? Elaborate on "done properly."

Is there some kind of topic that I can go into that will reveal if she's single or not?

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk to her about anything really. If you confidently walk up to her smiling and start talking, listen to what she's saying. If she has a bf and has no interest in you she will make a point of telling you just that.

"Theres this guy im seeing..." -->Means I might have a bf but I dont have alot of interest in him and you are pretty cool.

"I have a bf" or "Last weekend my boyfriend and I..." --> I'm in a relationship, no luck for you... Poser!

If she smiles back and looks quite interested in you but doesn't mention anything about a bf in the conv, suggest getting together for coffee sometime and number close.

In my experience, if she doesn't mention a bf then she doesn't have one.

**NOTE**
Even if you find out she does at the first date, no worries. You should have a few numbers from a variety of women. If she has a bf move on. You will also keep yourself from getting oneitis!

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The easiest way to find out, is to get a conversation going where they talk about themselves. If and when they tell you something about themselves that would, by most standards, be considered a good characteristic, you ask them then.

For example (yes its the quickest one I could come up with):

you: blah blah blah
her: blah blah blah
you: So what do you do for a living?
her: I'm a massage therapist/I'm the editor of xxx magazine/etc...
you: Are you serious?!? Have you got a boyfriend/Are you married?

Whether you think this might put you on the back foot later is up to you, but this will generally get you the answer you are looking for.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience women love mentioning their boyfriends as soon as possible after meeting a man, a. to show off their status and b. to ward off other men.

If they don't mention a bf, you could subtly ask about living arrangements, holidays, activities she likes etc to draw out if she has a bf or not.

If you get to the number close and she still hasn't mentioned anybody, you can assume she hasn't got one.

Warning: even after first dates and making out, some women will still say they have a bf or are 'seeing someone' - this happened to me only recently. (This is either a brush off or some kind of harebrained shyt test, either way it's a nexting offence in my book.)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by david90
When is a good time to ask if a girl is single or not? Right after opening line or after a few min of conversation?

How do you transistion from talking about a topic (school, jobs etc) to asking the questin "Are u single?" I feel that my transistion is akward and that there is a big "gap" between my transistion. What are some trick to having a smoother transistion?

Am I too paranoid or something?
If she doesn't tell you she's seeing someone, she's single.

If she's actually seeing a guy that she likes enough that she's "off the market" to you and she fails to make this known to you, it's because YOU haven't been clear on your intentions. Go for the number/set a date/close already. Stop p*ssy-footing around. ;)