Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's your IQ?

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a knock on the OP whatsoever.

I'm just not sure what the value in knowing your IQ would be.

What could you do with this information? I just cannot imagine a scenario where knowing your IQ would help you.

Bringing up your IQ score in conversation would seem socially inept.

From what I have read and experienced, high IQ's don't always translate in to anything of substance. It does not necessarily help you earn more money and does not help you relate better with people.
Never bring it up in a normal conversation lol. If I scored genius I'd never mention it. That's just distasteful in real life.

To be honest, I just wanted to know mine to find out if it was too low and that's why I was struggling so much in life. But it wasn't low so I couldn't use it as an excuse. I was held back a year in high school and my GPA in high school was lower than 2.0, my guidance counselor told me to drop out because she thought I was too stupid to pass. Turns out I just didn't know how to study plus zero work ethic plus the subjects were boring and easy realistically plus high school is not designed for intelligent people imo, wake up at 6 a.m. stay until 3 p.m., homework is busywork, etc., maybe just making excuses.

Definitely NEVER bring it up around a girl. I've ever mentioned mine to a girl.

Does not correlate with money or success.

DEFINITELY NO CORRELATION WITH SOCIAL SKILLS. Probably a negative correlation.

Edit: I didn't really read the entire thread. Out of curiosity, OP, why did you make this thread? If it's not MENSA certified it's likely not remotely close to accurate. 20 questions is not enough. Real IQ tests are administered under specific conditions by a professional and takes a long time, or I think it took like 1-1.5 hours for me. The amount of time you take per task/question matters too. I'll take the test to humor myself but I don't think any online test is worthwhile.

Also MENSA's website offers a paid practice IQ exam which gives a more realistic score than any online test elsewhere does, and that score only gives you a range.

Edit 2: Took the test and got bored halfway and guessed on half the questions and got a 106, I don't think this test is remotely close to a real IQ test. It's just math and patterns.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I strongly believe that an assertive personality and a medium IQ gets you more than a high IQ and an average personality.

Serenity

Reaction score
Also MENSA's website offers a paid practice IQ exam which gives a more realistic score than any online test elsewhere does, and that score only gives you a range.
Many people on the Mensa subreddit has recommended the Norwegian online test because it's free and they got close to the same score as they got on the real test. It requires minimal knowledge and math skills, it's only patterns with increasing difficulty so you won't need to translate anything other than the intro.

You can find it here: https://test.mensa.no/

Got 131 on that one, barely enough to qualify (if it were a valid test). I plan to take the real test, but they always put their test dates in my city at inconvenient times for me and they only come here like 4 times a year. It doesn't matter a whole lot to me anyways, I know the extent of my problem solving abilities regardless of what the number ends up at. I'm pretty confident I'd score somewhere between 125 and 135 on a real test though. In general I'm limited more by my lack of motivation than by my ability. Had pretty average grades throughout until my last year when I was finally studying something I was interested in, grades shot up and I got a perfect score on my final exam. Still effortless, I was merely interested and studied because I wanted to rather than had to.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember decades ago reading a book with a so-called “Mensa” test in it. I was scared to find out that I might be dumb but I actually did surprisingly well.

One thing I’ve always noticed about my own intelligence is that it is extremely compartmentalized. I am well above average in many areas of life, yet there are a few compartments where I am woefully retarded, and I do think that “retarded” is the right word here even though it’s not PC. The range between my highest abilities and my areas of poor functioning is staggering. I believe there is an emotional component to this, though this is essentially inaccessible because these emotional roadblocks were probably put in place when I was a baby, with no prior experience and no way to process what was happening around me. Oh well, I seem to get by pretty well only firing on 7 cylinders.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many people on the Mensa subreddit has recommended the Norwegian online test because it's free and they got close to the same score as they got on the real test. It requires minimal knowledge and math skills, it's only patterns with increasing difficulty so you won't need to translate anything other than the intro.

Got 131 on that one, barely enough to qualify (if it were a valid test). I plan to take the real test, but they always put their test dates in my city at inconvenient times for me and they only come here like 4 times a year. It doesn't matter a whole lot to me anyways, I know the extent of my problem solving abilities regardless of what the number ends up at. I'm pretty confident I'd score somewhere between 125 and 135 on a real test though. In general I'm limited more by my lack of motivation than by my ability. Had pretty average grades throughout until my last year when I was finally studying something I was interested in, grades shot up and I got a perfect score on my final exam. Still effortless, I was merely interested and studied because I wanted to rather than had to.
I struggled in school insanely, and I know lower IQ people did better. What was your major? I did Biology / Biomedical Engineering which was mostly memorization and not critical thinking. Rote memorization is not a strong point of mine. But school doesn't correlate strongly with IQ, except for hard subjects (I'm hypothesizing).

Thanks for the link, money isn't an issue for me but I didn't know there were different versions. Do you care if I message you regarding the exam? Sounds like we both want to pass it. Could share tips and tricks. I remember reading a list of exams that count. Like the GRE and GMAT and MCAT for getting into graduate school if you score a certain score then you qualify for MENSA, even though those don't guarantee genius.

My cousin who probably has a 140+ IQ got a perfect score on the SATs and other friend got a 39 on the old MCAT (thats literally the 100th percentile). I suck at standardized exams and always score in the 70th percentile, but my writing and English are always in the 90th+ percentile.

Math is a weak point of mine but the math on IQ tests aren't difficult level wise, they're difficult trick-wise.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score

**** I forgot it's hard to schedule it since it has to be in person!
I qualify for disabilities due to learning disabilities like ADHD and have medical documentation. I wonder if MENSA allows that. If so, I have a huge advantage since I honestly my disability is not nearly as bad as it sounds and the double time and extra breaks I get on exams is purely advantage for me and I can do well under the normal time limits.

Off topic: Any ideas on maximizing intelligence (to your genetic potential) or increasing your IQ (I'm betting money this is possible)?

I read cognitively difficult books, like about physics, like Brian whatever's The Elegant Universe, and I play chess and rubik's cube nearly daily. I think I should do something math related and something problem solving wise daily. I also juggle and play pool daily (virtual pool), I believe activating different parts of your brain may help. And reading random books of different topics that are difficult make you think differently, even if it's opposing views to your own. I'm an atheist and read books by pastors and religious texts.

The works by Richard Dawkins, Voltaire, Aristotle, and Carl Sagan are good starts. Chess books and books on rubik's cubes are good too if you decide on that route. Side note: Virtual pool actually makes you better at pool in real life.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Mensa: they’d have to allow for adhd hell there are tons of aspie Mensa peeps.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mensa: they’d have to allow for adhd hell there are tons of aspie Mensa peeps.
I didn't mean whether or not they'd allow me to join because I have ADHD. I know they would.
I meant whether or not they'd let me have special treatment on the exam, which I get on every exam in school and standardized exams too.

Serenity

Reaction score
What was your major?
I'm a tradesman, chemical process operator.

Do you care if I message you regarding the exam?
I don't mind, but taking the test is not a high priority for me.

Off topic: Any ideas on maximizing intelligence (to your genetic potential) or increasing your IQ (I'm betting money this is possible)
There has been shown minor improvement on IQ score by rehearsing the types of questions you'll likely get, but overall intelligence isn't the type of thing that can be improved. Being well rested and focused is the most you can do to prevent a bad score, you can't get much better than what you get when in an optimal condition. So don't take the test if you have a bad day.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
161 on this test, can't be the case.

I scored 130-140 on others though

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IQ isn't so much about your ability to solve math problems or recognize patterns, it's about how quickly you can do it. But intelligence doesn't correlate with common sense or with genius.

Mensa is really just a way for smart people to stroke their own egos. I'd probably be able to join Mensa, but there are few things I want to do less in life than associate with people who think they're better than everyone else. That kind of thinking has enabled the most unspeakable acts in history.