Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What should I do..please help

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been chatting on instant messenger with this girl. One thing she tends to do a lot is take forever to respond when we're chatting. She says she usually talks to a few people at a time while on instant messenger. That's cool, I have no problem with that..BUT, she'll take up to a minute or more a lot of times to respond back, and it's pissing me off. Next time this happens when we're chatting, should I tell her straight out that "If it happens one more time, I'm signing off and won't bother with her"? Am I overreacting?

Last edited:

KEddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah dude, girls who take forever to respond (at least in my experience) ar not worth waiting for.

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do the IM thing

I NEVER do the IM thing with girls. It's too impersonal.

What you want is her UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. I insist on that as much as possbible.

I talk with my girlfriend (a princess and a pain in the ass) on the phone a LOT more than I should. We live in different cities.

One thing I set her straight on early on was to NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE when she was talking to me. I could always tell if she was painting her nails, or checking her email, or watching TV at the same time.

My time and my thoughts are important. They deserve to be listened to and appreciated. I hate repeating myself.

Make sure YOU are the MAIN EVENT, otherwise you'll just be pushed off to the side like the other AFCs.

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Don't do the IM thing

Originally posted by Sweetcheeks
I NEVER do the IM thing with girls. It's too impersonal.

What you want is her UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. I insist on that as much as possbible.

I talk with my girlfriend (a princess and a pain in the ass) on the phone a LOT more than I should. We live in different cities.

One thing I set her straight on early on was to NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE when she was talking to me. I could always tell if she was painting her nails, or checking her email, or watching TV at the same time.

My time and my thoughts are important. They deserve to be listened to and appreciated. I hate repeating myself.

Make sure YOU are the MAIN EVENT, otherwise you'll just be pushed off to the side like the other AFCs.
All valid points here of course....

I always try to make sure I'm the main event and stay that way, but the last two times I've chatted with her on instant messenger, I haven't been able to prevail. And I do keep a good conversation going and definitely humor her, charm her, make fun of her and diss her(jokingly)constantly......

But if it happens again with her, should I just ditch her and stop talking to her altogether?

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't even say anything. She's just your internet friend -- you don't have any intimate personal status with her, just your right hand on the keyboard and the other in your pants (or vice versa). No need to get hang up on her behavior because you may just piss her off.

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aztec
Don't even say anything. She's just your internet friend -- you don't have any intimate personal status with her, just your right hand on the keyboard and the other in your pants (or vice versa). No need to get hang up on her behavior because you may just piss her off.
I'd consider her maybe a little bit more than an internet friend. We've spoken(not that long though) on the phone twice. She's from Europe. This is the same girl I posted about a few weeks ago, if you read that post. We email each other almost everyday, she seems(or seemed) really interested in me eventhough she's far away. But now I'm questioning whether she's still interested. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I plan on moving, or going to Europe to visit her. If she wants to come here to visit me that would be cool, I'd be happy, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see her. Based on my aquired knowledge of women over the years, I'd never make a special trip for them.

I've let her know before that it bothers me when she's not responsive, to which she apologized and temporarily stopped..but she still does it..stupid *****!

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Colossus

Spend one-on-one time with her or none at all.
Colossus is right. Man, it sounds you're starting to catch feelings for a this girl. IM is only good for setting up dates or trying to find your boys in a crowded club.

Diligentsd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would take longer than she does to reply. Go for the digits and get it into the real world ASAP.

chronic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. IM is too impersonal and has a lot of lag time. The interaction is not smooth and it's very easy to get bored with someone on IM. This is not the reaction you are looking for. If you met the girl online, I would suggest e-mailing until she wants to meet you. This keeps her in anticipation of your e-mails thus, making her think about you.

As someone suggested above, IM is only good if you want to arrange to meet her and even in that case, I find calling her is better.

Hamer

Reaction score
:)

Hi! every body ...

I've some experiance meeting girls on online, I hate to chat with cross country girls, I prefer girls close to my town may be 1 hr or 2 hrs drive (max) from my city.
Often I took longer time to respond plus I use BRB or show the sign of phone etc... I know that make them curious. The next step asking their pic's and getting their number. Then I try to meet them as fast as I can. So don't over react, just try to turn the table ...:)