"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

What should I do about my best friend who is ruining his life for a chick?

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I have been best friends with this guy for 9 years. I moved away 2 years ago, so I don't really know all the intimate details anymore. But I found out last night.

He's been dating this slut for 4 years. Whenever the slut tries to break up with him, he starts crying, and telling her that he'll kill himself if she does. She breaks up with him, to sleep around. He knows this too. For gods sake though he's 26 years old.

He just graduated with a masters degree, and he won't take any jobs because he doesn't want to leave her. He's applying for jobs at wal-mart, and as secretary just to be able to stay close to her.

How can I get him to see the light? He tells me he doesn't even like her, that she is just a lay, and he cheats on her all the time. . . (but he's lying) - he's obviously embarrassed by the way he acts.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by bootlegger
I have been best friends with this guy for 9 years. I moved away 2 years ago, so I don't really know all the intimate details anymore. But I found out last night.

He's been dating this slut for 4 years. Whenever the slut tries to break up with him, he starts crying, and telling her that he'll kill himself if she does. She breaks up with him, to sleep around. He knows this too. For gods sake though he's 26 years old.

He just graduated with a masters degree, and he won't take any jobs because he doesn't want to leave her. He's applying for jobs at wal-mart, and as secretary just to be able to stay close to her.

How can I get him to see the light? He tells me he doesn't even like her, that she is just a lay, and he cheats on her all the time. . . (but he's lying) - he's obviously embarrassed by the way he acts.
Does your friend have bad mood swings, abuse substances, self-mutilate or have any other strange behaviors?
 

SDFUandDie

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Hey you know what would be funny!

If we beat his girlfriend up for him :rolleyes:

He's a grown a$$ man, can't tell him what to do.

Some day he will see his foul ways and leave that slut.

But what kinda dumbass would want to work for Walmart?!?! :confused:
 

Iguana

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Damn that sucks. There's not too much you can do, he has to see the light by himself.


Iguana
Peace & Metal
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
wow that sucks a masters! Sounds like his slut gf has sucked the lifeforce out of him. He's not even willing to go ahead with his goals....what a shame.

well If he's willing to walk away from this all and start his own life for his own needs...thats the best thing he could do for himself. Plenty of fish in the sea, no need be obsessing over one *****.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
You or someone has to drag his ass out of this thinking. You and your other friends may have to do some kind of "intervention" and open up his eyes that there are other women out there. It may take him a while to forget this chick due to the impact she made on him. The woman has obviously did a number on him and he refuses to accept that.
 

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
i couldn't agree more. He has to find it in himself..

But I just wanted to give him nudge in the right direction.
 
Top