What major(s) in a 4 year Business degree gets someone a job right out of college

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 13 classes away from a bachelors degree in business administration however I don't like accounting as intermediate accounting 2 made me realize this type of career seems kind of boring to me even though I know a lot of people make decent money even without CPA and seem to be "okay" with their job. I have an associates in business administration but I'm not getting interviews from any job that requires an associates degree.

A 40 year old ex co-worker of mine who has 3 degrees including a B.B.A told me his nephew did marketing and recently got an $85K job right out of college.He told me that global marketing is what the future is right now and that companies are hiring a lot in that field.

I gave him a list of major in the business school at the university I might register in January and he said I could either do supply chain management,marketing,or international business as they are my best bets to get into global marketing.

Should I trust this guy? I want to be a real estate investor once I get enough money from my main job and create multiple streams of income passively like stocks,bonds,etc.

At the moment I'm getting lots of interviews from insurance companies promising me that I'm going to have the best career making "unlimited income".I don't feel safe in a commission based job and hate to have to resort to that.