Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What It Means When She Says "I Want Him To Listen..."

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woman-speak

One of the BIGGEST phrases you'll hear from ANY women, family included is..."I want him to listen to me." In Guy-world, that normally means, "have a conversation, followed up with a Here's What I would Do." In Woman-world if you pull that, you've triggered World War III and alienated that girl. It's sure fire. If you want to bring about the end of any relationship with a woman, listen to what she says, then offer advice. Or better yet, DON'T listen to her.

This is something you hear parrotted about day after day, and I intend to differentiate between what the different phrases mean in different situations.

When she's not your girl.

There's 2 pathes here...

Path 1 - Normal, Average

Women normally like men for their unbiased stance. She can trash talk her closest friends, work compatriots, or even family, and hopes you'll remain neutral. For her, it's that she's undergoing "these feelings" and has no concept that she CAN control them and not give in, and you're her outlet, just like you're the Trash Bin on your 'desktop computer.' She wants to purge herself of whatever's in her mind and 'not feel crazy'. Path 1 normally entails things like work-place conflicts, tiffs with friends, or odd feelings over live where's she indecisive. Even in these situations, you don't offer advice unless she requests. A normal woman will gripe about it, and then realize she's blabbering on needlessly perpetuating her problems. An abnormal woman will think its the end of the world. Normally female relatives fit in this category.

The most recent case for me was my grandmother speaking to my father. She'd recently lost her husband, my grandfather, and she would call a few times a week distraught, as they were married over 50 years. She was lonely, confused, and upset her family wasn't around more. As wrong on some points as she might have been, all she wanted was "to know someone is there when the world goes crazy." Most women want just THAT. But guys go a few steps too far, and offer advice, or don't listen at all. And you know what happens? Her simple, everyday upsets turn into a problem with you now.

If you don't care about this woman, don't listen, but if you do, call in the hazmat team and handle with care this explosive, sometimes toxic energy.

Path 2 - Extreme

Here, she's a headcase. Every situation is a melt down, warranting your IMMEDIATE attention. Worse off, she's not your girl. Maybe she's an FWB, a girl you're dating, a female friend, or a sister. She melts down with evil stairs in the hallway from co-workers or fellow students. She gets made at work, expects the world to be perfect, and generally has no control of her emotions. She has the memory capacity of a fish, so even if she realizes how she freaked out 3 days ago, she'll do it again because it will be a "different" situation calling for your attention.

When you fall into this trap, it perpetuates itself, gathering moss as it rolls down the hill. If you open Pandora's box, it will remain open until you draw a line in the sand. My brother dated a girl like this, and didn't know it until year 1+. Initially, it was 'normal' to be there for her, but the situations continued. They never slowed down. In fact, they hastened. And when it ended, it ended badly because again, she has no emotional control, so of course you 'hurt' her, so now you're newest enemy. That, and she can't "believe you'd do this to her."

Alot of women fall into this category, and some men ALLOW it, because she's beautiful, or she cooks, or she's nasty in bed. They allow some semblance to sneak through. But that's just the beginning, eventually comes the request for the pony, and a horse, and you to fix her. Many girls hide this side until WAY into the relationship, as they want "to get to know you." Not all women are like this. The ones worth a relationship ARE NOT like this. Some guys might like women like this. But you (we) have bigger fish to fry than trying to our women back together everyday.

When she is your girl

Path 1 - Normal, Average - When It's Not About You

If she's your girl, and she's normal. Just listen. Don't offer advice unless she requests it, OR, offer it without pushing. Say things like..."You can choose what you want, but it sounds like based on your feelings this is really bothering you, might I suggest..." I can't say how many times a woman was blatthering on and really didn't want to be 'fixed', she just wanted to go off on something and THEN she'd be fine. Men hear that and alarms go off and we hit defcon 5, and now we need to call in the marines because its a 3 alarm fire. NO! Not unless you want to be come the next issue. If you do, go for it. If not, don't.

Listening is just looking into her eyes occasionally while listening. Maybe she talks endlessly while you mute the TV with a beer in one and the remote in the other, her curled up next to you with a glass of white wine talking endlessly about her day, her thoughts, and her feelings, and eventually, once she's purged of ALL her pent up negative energy, she'll probably feel POSITIVE and GOOD and want to shag. More often than not, this is what happens. After about 20-30 minutes of her dumping all the pent up crap, it turns into a nice evening. But this is the reality. Most guys can side with this.

Path 2 - Extreme

This is normally the territory where the relationship goes afoul. Here, she's constantly upset, and normally it can be about you, or just the same frequent problems she encounters and never resolves. Maybe it's repetitive and it's work related and her negativity is wasted each day on you. You spend a majority of the week trying to console her, which leaves no time for anything else. HERE, you should call in the marines. And the kicker is, when you stop her, or interject, she'll now use the "you don't listen card."

To which your response then is..."I listen, I've always listen, but these problems seem to be repetitive and continuing to happen. They should be resolved since you're unhappy most days and it takes away from us." That's the positive spin, as positive as it can be. If you want to be a bull, which sometimes I do, put your foot down right away; no sweet talk. And you WILL have to draw a line. A major reason guys falter is they DO NOT separate boundaries. They're a knight in shining armour, so she never develops self-control. A woman EXPECTS the man to show her the boundaries, or help her cross new ones (like in sex). If you keep ALLOWING, she thinks that you are o.k. with it. This is why the AFC-friend ends up THINKING he's more, when he isn't. Because when he pays, or invites her out, or listens, she thinks he WANTS to. And he might. But she normally isn't going to be romantic it. Most girls won't dump on a new-guy right up front for fear of scaring him away. But she would with a friend, because she would allow him to open up back to her.

If she feels complaining about you and expecting you to listen about her or the relationship is right, set some boundaries and prepare your speech. You are going to have to correct this woman. First, because she's upset too often, and instead of builing memories that are positive, you're paving a negative road. When you look back, you'll see a bad relationship, not a good one. Second, because if she's THAT upset about work, or friends, or family, she needs better emotional tools to handle life, because that's life, and as I stated before, men are better at playing the game as objective players, rather than emotional participants. Not fully, but better than women.

Even on E-harmony commercials, they advertise a WOMAN desiring to have her husband listen to her more. We're not talking taking dinner reservations or requests. She means open lines of communication, full blown attention, and the confidence that ANYTIME she is upset, she can gripe, bytch, moan or complain WITHOUT any retort from you. And very often, with normal women, that's what you do and then move on. When she's "abnormal" and always upset, and you didn't say "I do", assess why you're in this relationship. Most women are just WAITING to dump their earthly problems on a guy. I don't mind shouldering some of a woman's ills, or being there, I find it cute and soft, SOMETIMES. But I do mind when she EXPECTS it very often and then complains about it. If she does that, she's cut off, and likely going to find herself looking for another man.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Where you're power comes from

Many times the mantra on here is the "person who needs the relationship or person the least has the power." This is true, to an extent. Your power, for the guys NOT with women, or who are persuing women begins NOW. Right now. Right after you read this. How does it? Because it begins and ends with YOU. If you are ok with you; who you are, how you like, how you dress, that you'll be ok financially, and that you're going to play the hand you've been dealt to the fullest, NOBODY HAS ANY power over you. You don't need ANY relationship or woman, she represents only that which she is. Why?

Because, you're not living up to someone else's standards. You don't dress to impress, or for other's. You dress for you. You're not embarrassed about who you are. You know financially you'll be ok. You enjoy your friends. You make the most of whatever situation you're in. You realize you become stronger if you play the hand you're dealt INSTEAD of complaining about what you DON'T have. How can a girl gain power in a relationship, when, IF you broke up, you were ok single? Then you stand back as an OBSERVER. You're in the relationship, you're not totally cold or withdrawn, but her emotions, her choices, DON'T effect you. They can't.

My afore-mentioned buddy, in my previous thread, was distraught about losing his girl, partially because the connection of their lives almost meant more than his alone. He couldn't see what he has before him to be thankful for. And if he doesn't, then HE NEEDS TO BE SINGLE to find that. All of you do. Or do it while you're with her, whatever your choose is. But my buddy was upset, when if he was ok with his life, her moving, which was inevitable BEFORE they met and dated, would not have effected him nearly as much as did. Fortunately he called me to tell me she called the next day sobbing about whether she made the right choice AND he has a new date with the girl who gave him her number while out. Pretty good.

Guys who come here and say "it's not about self-improvement, or betterment, or whatever" either 1) Have their shyt together or 2) Don't get it. They don't get that the power you talk of, which isn't anything more than SELF-POWER in life, comes BEFORE you meet the person. A centered person doesn't emotionally LEAN on a girl at a bar. He doesn't need to neg her to bring her down a few pegs. He doesn't need to swoon over her as THE one. He can take or leave her as she comes, just like anything else in life, AND if she CHOOSES to be part of HIS reality, then she is VERY committed and likely WON'T cheat. But, if you choose her, and need her, she has the power, and will cheat emotionally, physically, or choose to withdraw her feelings.

Gl,

A-Unit

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
When she is your girl

Path 1 - Normal, Average - When It's Not About You

If she's your girl, and she's normal. Just listen. Don't offer advice unless she requests it, OR, offer it without pushing. Say things like..."You can choose what you want, but it sounds like based on your feelings this is really bothering you, might I suggest..." I can't say how many times a woman was blatthering on and really didn't want to be 'fixed', she just wanted to go off on something and THEN she'd be fine. Men hear that and alarms go off and we hit defcon 5, and now we need to call in the marines because its a 3 alarm fire. NO! Not unless you want to be come the next issue. If you do, go for it. If not, don't.

Listening is just looking into her eyes occasionally while listening. Maybe she talks endlessly while you mute the TV with a beer in one and the remote in the other, her curled up next to you with a glass of white wine talking endlessly about her day, her thoughts, and her feelings, and eventually, once she's purged of ALL her pent up negative energy, she'll probably feel POSITIVE and GOOD and want to shag. More often than not, this is what happens. After about 20-30 minutes of her dumping all the pent up crap, it turns into a nice evening. But this is the reality. Most guys can side with this.
:down: I'm one of the guys that can't side with this.

I'm not bucket for a woman to puke her days worth of drama into. I'll listen to the sorrow tales and drama a few times, then, after a couple of doses of that crap and I see the patterns - I've had enough and have to put a foot down.

The woman gets home, starts ranting and raving about her azzhole co-workers, what her pyscho friends did/said, traffic, family drama... finally I have to say:

"Ok, stop. LOOK at how riled up you are. What are you trying to do? Rile me up? None of this crap concerns me, and it shouldn't concern you, either. Work, retarded friend's stupid decisions, traffic, the price of tea in China... these things don't count for much now: you are sitting on the couch sipping wine. That stuff doesn't effect you NOW, does it? All that negative garbage should stay on the door step - I don't need to hear about it, and you don't need to be thinking about it now, much less harshing MY mellow with it. If you absolutely MUST rant and rave, call someone who wants to hear it and take yourself outside. If you keep dwelling on that sh!t, it's going to put you in a crappy mood. But in reality, that stuff has little or no bearing on you... or me. Granted, there will be some extraordinary things that happen that I wouldn't mind hearing about, but the daily 'work sux, my friend sux, traffic sux, gas prices sux' sh!t gets super-irritating. So, stop. Takeadeepbreathreadyrelaaaaaaaaax. I'll feel much better now. In fact, I feel GREAT. How about you?"

And, once the foot is down, women need to be reminded when they come home and go into their rants:

"Knock it off."
"What?"
"That gossip and bulls!t doesn't have anything to do with me, or you, at least not now, does it?"
*sigh* "You're right. I'm sorry. Thanks for cutting me off."
"There you go... Relax. Have some wine and cool out with me over here on the couch."

Later...

"SHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh....."
"What?!?"
"There you go again... this stuff doesn't, and shouldn't, concern you."
"Ooops. You're right." *sigh* "Sorry. Thanks."

Later still...

"Takeadeepbreathready.....relaaaaaaaaaaxxxx."
"Oh yeah... thanks."

Even later still...

"Nope. Come here."
"Why, what?" *comes over*
"Bend over." *bends her over*
"What the hell?"
*(Playful spankings)* "I" *spank* "told" *spank* "you" *spank* "to" *spank* "cut" *spank* "that" *spank* "sh!t" *spank* "out." *spank* *turns her back around, kisses her* "Feel better?"
"Oh yeah, much."

You see?

I refuse to choke down a woman's share of stresses, or her friends'/coworkers'/family's when I have my own, and I'll tell a woman such. I'm not an emotional tampon to be bled on. There are many ways to reframe all that crap that women want to vent on men, rather than have to listen to it. I'm not a woman's counsellor or therapist, and I don't care to start being one, either. And I'll tell them exactly that.

Does that make me a jerk, or a nice guy? A little of both, actually.

Edit: Overall, I frame it as "Shame on you for spewing all that negativity on me and trying to wreck my good mood. Shame on YOU, not me. I'm in a good mood and YOU are trying to take my happiness away."

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
Woman-speak

This is true. I used to try and solve their problems and thought I was going somewhere and instead what I got was the complete opposite. Women don't want you to solve their problems if they don't ask, because if you do then you simply become a part of the problem (most of the problem's is in their head and they tend to blow things out of proprotion).

Now what I do is, I just sit there and nod, look into their eyes, say stuff like "aha" "I see" "how does this make you feel??" and just gently stroke their thigh's and knee's as if to show that I understand and being supportive without giving an advice. In actuality what I am really trying to do is get them horny with all that kino, which ends up working in the end for the both of us :D.

DJD

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
This is true. I used to try and solve their problems and thought I was going somewhere and instead what I got was the complete opposite. Women don't want you to solve their problems if they don't ask, because if you do then you simply become a part of the problem (most of the problem's is in their head and they tend to blow things out of proprotion).

Now what I do is, I just sit there and nod, look into their eyes, say stuff like "aha" "I see" "how does this make you feel??" and just gently stroke their thigh's and knee's as if to show that I understand and being supportive without giving an advice. In actuality what I am really trying to do is get them horny with all that kino, which ends up working in the end for the both of us :D.

DJD
Right on. Of course there are situations where their is genuinely something she wants to vent about. In those instances, by all means, listen. Be sympathetic, comfort her, blah blah blah... but the daily whining and crying doesn't need to be endured. Not when it's the same crap over and over. If you don't nip it early on, it will escalate to A-Unit's "EXTREME" scenario #2, at which point you will have to nip it anyway.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Right on. Of course there are situations where their is genuinely something she wants to vent about. In those instances, by all means, listen. Be sympathetic, comfort her, blah blah blah... but the daily whining and crying doesn't need to be endured. Not when it's the same crap over and over. If you don't nip it early on, it will escalate to A-Unit's "EXTREME" scenario #2, at which point you will have to nip it anyway.
Agreed. If your girl whines and cries every day then she has serious issues and you shouldn't have to deal with it. As a matter of fact you should reconsider your whole relationship with a woman like that because some women are simply damaged goods and they will bring you down with their drama and misery.

If I sense a pattern that will make the woman go from simple venting and her escalating to the extreme, then I just pull away. Its like Pavlov dog experiment if she constantly brings her sh1t to our date (which should be set for fun) I simply say that the date is over, because I don't need to spend the whole evening feeling like a tampon. This often will shock the woman and she will curse you call you insenstive names like "jerk" all the way home. But when you let her out she will still have to vent her frustration and now this date to her mother or girlfriends and thus you end up killing two birds with one stone. Eventually she will learn that she can't bring too much of her garbage into your life and make you happy at the same time. If she doesn't learn then go find another woman.

DJD

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Your point is noted, Vulpine and no guy wants to be cleaning up his girl's emotional diarhea. However, if you shut her off without her first seeing the error in her ways, she'll never change and she'll only resent you. If you let her spew, and then demonstrate how it negative it is, she wakes up. It's like seeing yourself on TV. A man should never be a doormat or a puke bucket, but men-women dynamics, IMO, are different, such that it's normal for a woman to wildly feel extreme things, and the guy she trusts and wants and fvcks, will be the one who understands her and women in general.

Few guys can remain detached from life's going-ons, can we expect an even smaller % of women to ever possibly reach that detached state?

I've met or known a few girls like this. It's quite random, the dispersion of women are very IN control emotionally. And some who appear to be, really aren't. It's a facade. They don't want to appear weak, but inside they're burning, and one day, she up and leaves, or flips out, or cheats. These are the girls who keep their issues inside and a man doesn't know what's going on.

Men must have boundaries, even in LTR. In short-term relationships, or as you're getting together, it's even more important, since that will set the tone for the relationship. If a habit of non-communication is not developed, or you don't set your bullshyt lines, she'll run right through them until you dump her. In most cases, it tends to be irreparable, because she'll always go back to HOW THINGS WERE WHEN YOU FIRST MET. And when she does that, that's her reality of "why" she fell for you, or began dating you.

It's like learning poker and the unwritten rules of it. On the surface, a noob might assume people ONLY play the best hands. However, as you get into it deeper, you realize the bluffing that's going on, who has what, what hands exist, the odds, etc. Same with women. You began to "feel" if her issues are permanent or temporary, if she is being normal or overreacting.

A-Unit

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post!

One way to figure out what type of woman you're dealing with is to observe her with her friends. It might sound kinda "faggy" hanging out in a female social circle, but put yourself into her friend's shoes. If your gf starts complaining and b1tching about everything and everyone to her friend, you can bet you'll find yourself in that position sooner or later. Nobody needs that kind of negative energy in their daily life. Women like this have always turned me off, and I write them off immediately. I recall sitting beside one woman I was considering dating, and she was repeatedly yacking about the same negative bull5hit over and over again to one of her friends and to me. I looked at her and told her "Jesus fvcking christ, you yack a lot!!" Immediately, she said "I'm sorry" and shut up.

However, if your woman is just out looking for a good time, fun conversation, and some laughs with her friends, she is likely going to bring positive energy into your life.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's only natural to "spew" and release your frustrations through talking with someone else.

I'd argue that it's womens' willingness to do this that saves them from killing themselves with regularity, considering the crap they have to deal with on a constant basis (working, taking care of kids, competition with other women, body-image issues, that "time of the month", abusive men, and so on).

If men were allowed to vent their feelings like women are, they'd be a lot better off.

It's certainly not fun all the time. I live with a woman as a roommate, and it's like one of those annoying marriage things when I get home. I'm barely in the door and she's off and running "blah, blah, blah". Thing is, she KNOWS that she's just yakking, and I know too, so she stops after a while and it's done. It's kind of funny, actually, in that we both acknowledge how silly it is, but how NECESSARY it is to get things off your chest.

Then again, she is a lesbian, so she's a little more self-aware than some girls.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
If I sense a pattern that will make the woman go from simple venting and her escalating to the extreme, then I just pull away.
I didn't write this, nor do I agree with it.

A-Unit said:
However, if you shut her off without her first seeing the error in her ways, she'll never change and she'll only resent you. If you let her spew, and then demonstrate how it negative it is, she wakes up.
So this I actually agree with. Perhaps my "sample dialogue" didn't dwell on the explanations that my "real life dialogues" have in the past. I omitted the situational details for effect.

Desdinova said:
I recall sitting beside one woman I was considering dating, and she was repeatedly yacking about the same negative bull5hit over and over again to one of her friends and to me. I looked at her and told her "Jesus fvcking christ, you yack a lot!!" Immediately, she said "I'm sorry" and shut up.
This is how I've learned to "guide" women to stop the "broken record of negativity". I think ALL women do this to a certain extent until it is pointed out to them. At which point, they usually do a decent job of censoring themselves once they have their offensive negativity explained to them.

In the past, I've had women I've been in LTRs with get on this broken record kick and I'd finally have to cut them off because my head was going to explode. After good results, I started doing it sooner than later. Now, when in relationships, I anchor "Takeadeepbreathready...relaaaax" as a term that means "Knock off the ranting and raving, you are getting offensive." That way, in public, there is a "code" that spares them embarrassment.

I don't think I'd use it as dating criteria material, as I think women will foam at the mouth endlessly if noone objects. But, if a woman is told they are getting obnoxious, they'll knock it off - so long as it is explained to them proactively.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RealSmoothie, I don't want to read any theories which espouse the idea that women have to talk more because of the crap which they have to deal with. You then include a list, and one of items is abusive men.

Women don't have to put up with anything more than what men have to put up with, and to my mind, they have to put up with less. If you want to tally the body count for US troops in Iraq, I think you'll find that the men vastly outnumber the women.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unit – I’m very impressed with your analysis.

I had made the mistake of trying to give advice to women that were involved with me.
For instance: This woman that if you give advice (when she is just ranting) she then goes and says “you just don’t listen” or “you all telling me that I should do this in relation to my male-coworker (the one she is ranting about) but I find it interesting that when you were in a similar situation with your female co-worker (typically a young cute woman), I noticed you did different!” [note: she was “faking” a rant to set you up and bring a real issue that has being bothering her about YOU]. Also, if I chose to say nothing, she has implied that I don’t care or that I’m “upset” because she “noticed how changed my face” [she becomes a mind reader].

It is literally a no-win situation. The best you can do in many instances is make her aware that she is misjudging you.

I agree that put in the foot in the floor is the correct way. But I believe that you should not do that too soon nor too late. You see? You can learn a LOT about her and who she deals with, by listening to her ranting. I rather a woman in my life talks to me about her co-workers (especially males). Because the day she spent hours talking to a male co-worker (about his personal issues, etc.) and stop sharing that fact with YOU is the day that you should be a little bit more alert. So, there is a balance.

You can also develop an idea of how far she can go with a ranting, especially if she is ranting about her best friend…because rest assure…she will rant about you the same way.

Another thing, it is easier to mold a woman in her early 20s or even mid 20s (if she was not spoiled with her “wild life”) than a woman in her 30s and 40s. In fact, a woman in her 30s and 40s is practically “damaged” (I even heard that from a female friend of mine that is in her mid 20s) and is not going to change (I think some might change but the likelihood is very slim). She might adjust her behavior to make you think she has changed (not to scare you away).

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BOUNDARIES: I agree 100%. Even in the situations above...you must create some boundaries.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElChoclo said:
RealSmoothie, I don't want to read any theories which espouse the idea that women have to talk more because of the crap which they have to deal with. You then include a list, and one of items is abusive men.

Women don't have to put up with anything more than what men have to put up with, and to my mind, they have to put up with less. If you want to tally the body count for US troops in Iraq, I think you'll find that the men vastly outnumber the women.
OK, not to turn this into a pissing match, but you're wrong here. The percentage of modern men who go off to war is miniscule. Meanwhile, every woman gives birth, most women do far more childcare/housework than men (and now have jobs too), and they generally get paid 70% of what a man does for the same job. That's not even bringing up hormones.

There's a reason that women are far more suceptible (sp) to depression and anxiety disorders than men. Men's lives, as they realize that being a neanderthal is actually BAD for you, are improving vastly... especially in Western societies where we are free to do what we want.

But hey, I agree that the extreme cases discussed in this thread are not good for a relationship. Too much negative talk is a drain on the psyche, and women quite often get into these patterns. And it's not just because women have to deal with more crap... it's more because they are allowed to vocalize their feelings, whereas men are saddled with this bullsh*t about "being tough".

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RealSmoothie, read some of Dr Warren Farrell's work. You will find in his book " The Myth of Male Power" that he tells of how he once thought as you do. Then he asked " Why is it when men complain, they are whining, and when women complain they are communicating." Plain stereotyping sexism. Dr Farrell argues that women do not have greater rates of depression, but tend to report it more than men.

The fact that only a small proportion of men go to war is not the relevant question. In proportionate terms, the proportion of men killed in combat to women would be something greater than 25 to 1. If you read some of the works of Charles Bukowski you will find that a repetitive theme for him, is that the drudgery and unpleasantness of the work done by blue collar men is tantamount to torture, or else drives them mad. He is a writer immersed in your country's culture.

Also I'm afraid "every woman" does not give birth, I only have to look at my 43 year old sister to know that.