Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is wrong with me? (health concern)

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This past month I've been sick on and off, experiencing lots of nausea, bloating and a very decreased appetite (i feel really full all the time). I also seem to have an elevated pulse (blood pressure is fine) and feel really jittery like im having anxiety/panic attacks at times.

I had a general bloodtest and nothing showed up. I had just finished a course of accutane and was worried it might be my liver but the blood tests showed my liver to be in good condition.
Then I did an ultrasound, my second concern was gallstones but again everything showed to be fine.
Ive got one more test and that's to check for H. Pylori.... if that comes back fine I'm really running out of options here, I've been to three doctors and they can't find anything wrong with me.

I have only one other thing I can think of and that is emotional trauma. This past month my step-dad was hospitalized after a severe head injury... i'm the one who found him lying motionless on the street and we thought he was dead. The day after I woke up extremely nauseus and it's been going on since then.

One thing I have noticed is that my anxiety levels are through the roof and that seems to make my nausea and other symptoms kick in. For ex. I went to get a haircut the other day and while waiting I just got really shaky and started to feel sick so I had to leave and then I felt better, same thing today when I went to visit my dad (the biological one) It's something that ive done for years yet today on the way over there I was gagging while driving and got there shaking like crazy, I eventually calmed down. Same deal for going to my classes, all my symptoms kick in.
I've also experienced a few times since the accident where I seem to get a slight feeling of depression for no reason, it usually goes away in about 30 minutes as I get distracted with other things.
It definately changed me in other ways too, I used to have really bad anger problems and after the accident they went away overnight, I seem to be more in touch with my spiritual side now and have found this "calmness"... but I don't really feel any better, could I be supressing all the anger? So many questions

Can emotional trauma cause all these physical symptoms? I wasn't close to my step-dad and handled it really well at the time but I've been having nothing but problems since then and the doctors can't find a thing wrong with me. Any input would be appreciated as I have some time until my next appointment.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to relax

Learn to relax and be at peace with your emotions. Negative emotions and anxieties often leads to physical stress.

Maybe you're overworking yourself, I suggest you simplify your life and take a look at all the things you don't need right now and say no to the things you don't want to do right now.

I'm not a fan of medication, because you're obviously relying on a chemical to make yourself feel better. Take up meditation instead, it's cool that your finding your spiritual self, keep at it.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
My guess would be stress. You have had plenty of it and it can make you physically ill. If you have travelled overseas in the past year you should ask to be checked for parasites as that is something many doctors don't even look at.

If you think it could be stress, try doing the following things:

1) Delegate any tasks or responsibilities that you can to someone else for awhile...give yourself a break as much as you can.

2) Take up a relaxing, calming past time.

3) Eliminate caffeine from your diet if you can. If you can't eliminate it completely then cut back as much as you can.

4) Look up relaxation breathing techniques and use them. If they can help a woman in labor keep it together during terrible labor pains it can help you deal with the anxiety and stress.

5) Remove or minimize as much in your life that causes you stress as you can.

6) Talk to a dietician about how you should be eating.

7) Get plenty of sleep and take time out to relax.

cessna

Reaction score
If the nausea is worse when your stressed or anxious, its most likely irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Thats why its won't show up on any of the tests. If it was gallstones you'd be in quite a lot of pain and if it was H.Pylori (ulcer), the pain would generally be worse at night eg.2am

There is no effective treatment for IBS. Best thing to do is avoid stress (easier said than done). I get the same thing and it makes it hard to go out and eat with new people.

Cheers:D

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a Western Blot test done for mononucleosis and Lyme disease.

The Lyme "titer" gives too many false negatives.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk to a therapist (not a psychiatrist - you don't want to get drugged up).

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having dealt with severe anxiety frist hand, I can tell you that this is most definietly nerve related, if everything medical is ruled out.

Nervousness has tons of effects on the human body, and unmanagebale stress can be as distructive as any physical ailment.