Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the best way to invest money?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Rental properties, but tenants can be a fookin headache I read and talk to people trying to get out of it. I'd definitely hire a property manager but something like 90% of all property managers are dogsh!t too so. It's hard to secure an extra buck or an extra 8% annually on your wealth. I say rental properties cause if the dollar were to collapse at least you'd still have these HARD assets. You don't want pie in the sky 1s and 0s or bitcoin or whatever potentially vaporized wealth. Hard to vaporize properties short of a nuke.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Rental properties, but tenants can be a fookin headache I read and talk to people trying to get out of it. I'd definitely hire a property manager but something like 90% of all property managers are dogsh!t too so. It's hard to secure an extra buck or an extra 8% annually on your wealth. I say rental properties cause if the dollar were to collapse at least you'd still have these HARD assets. You don't want pie in the sky 1s and 0s or bitcoin or whatever potentially vaporized wealth. Hard to vaporize properties short of a nuke.
rental properties are a buisness. can make good on it, but it is a buisness and has to be taken care of just like a job does. can make more money than other investments but also will take more time and has risk. time in court dealing with tenants is annoying.

kasper

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are several factors to be considered. Firstly, your age; At 31 you don't have much time to acquire new skillset (IMHO), you are better off improving your current skillset (what you are good at). If it's financial investments, it boils down to how much money you can invest.
If you have enough money, real estate is a good option or investing in your own business(don't take more risk than what you can afford) if you have any plans.

Stock markets in another investment avenue, if you can't afford the foresaid (I do not recommend entering stock markets if you don't have knowledge about it, because brokers will loot you in and out; if you don't understand stocks). I personally do not advise mutual fund but you can make decent return in ETFs (you might have to do some research about ETFs - Any fund that tracks an index) over long-term.

Lastly, don't take any financial advise from random people at face value. It's really unique for each person. Answer the following questions and answer it to yourself, you may get an idea about that.

1) Investment amount
2) Time Horizon - how long can you keep the money undisturbed - Long (5-10 years) - ETFs may be considered vs Short; you can't make much return unless you take high risk.
3) Amount of risk you are willing to take - Low risk (low return) - Any type of debt depending on the credit ratings vs High risk (probably high return) - Variety of high risk investments from equities, derivatives to commodities, etc..
4) Country you are living in.

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Assets put money into your pocket. Liabilities take money out of your pocket. A home is a liability. A rental property is an asset.

Take all of your monthly expenses and put them in the expense column.

Buy assets that have enough cash flow to pay for your entire monthly expense column.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A home is a liability.
It's an asset cause you gotta have somewhere to Live. So paid-off home = guaranteed whatever monthly payment you had coming in to your pocket. All you have is home owners insurance and taxes, yard work (it's a b!tch cause HOA or the city will fine you if you don't do it), and roof repair (lasts 15 years or more though) fence, fridge (replaced once in 10 years $2500 bought high-end fridge), washer n' dryer (replaced washer in 10 years $800), air conditioner/heater (fixed once in 10 years $1000), plumbing (have never had issue in 10 years now), painting (about to have done for 1st time in 10 years), shutters blowin off from the wind.

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A home is not an asset. Insurance, taxes, maintenance and repairs come OUT of your pocket. Therefore, a house is a liability.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A home is not an asset. Insurance, taxes, maintenance and repairs come OUT of your pocket. Therefore, a house is a liability.
Most assets have similar liabilities to those that you have mentioned. It does not mean they are not an asset. Even cash has a liability, inflation.

Property value increases generally beat the cost of liabilities. So it's an asset, not a liability.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First yourself, then invest depending on your goals. Things to think about when investing: why do you want to invest, how much risk are you willing to take, how long do you plan on having the investment. Etc