Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what is cologne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been reading this board for a few months now and I often read that I should use cologne. But wtf is cologne? I only use deodorant to smell good and I've never heard a guy (exept on this site) saying a word about it (nor a gal btw). So what is it and where can I get it?

MC

Kensiko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aftershave and cologne are to different things.

colonge my friend is your new best friend pal. the easiest way to explaiin wouldbe perfume for men.

some good ones to look at are:

-Latitude & longitude by nautica
-Crave by clavin klein
- Givenci 2 for men
- cool water (not sure who its by)

thes are some of the more popular ones, so go to your local department stores and ask for a preferred cologne.

wakeliquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how he actually doesn't know what cologne is?!

wakeliquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternity by Calvin Klein is good too, dunno why, it's just a "feel good" smell.

Mr. Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
although I don't use aftershave, I do know what it is. But aftershave isn't the same thing as cologne? Or is it?w

Those brand names sound pretty known to me and even some of the product names (i.e. cool water by davidoff).

What I'm wondering is... if you've got this cologne, what to do with it? What should I squirt it on? Or how should you use it? Cuz I have absolutely no idea of what it is, exept the fact that it is a kind of parfume.

wakeliquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on the kind... some people just put a bit on their wrists, some do a bit around the neck, some just spray it in the air then walk through it.... All in all the idea is to not use to much, a little goes a long way.

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
The colognes I use are:
Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger
Candie's for men
Swiss Army (the best IMHO)

I usually just spray one on my neck, one on a wrist then rub my two wrists together, then I spray one in the air and walk through it.
Aftershave and cologne are not that same thing, eventhough they are usually referred to as the same.
Also, you can buy Swiss Army aftershave and such.
Aftershave is used to sooth your face after shaving, its not necessarily used for the smell, but it can be.
Cologne is purely just for smell.

ItalianMafioso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, my friend from the Netherlands, cologne (pronounced kuh-lone') is merely a scented liquid made of alcohol and various fragrant oils. Also called eau de cologne. It's sole purpose is to cover up body odors and make a person smell different than they naturally would.
How you use cologne is different depending on what kind of container it comes in. Some cheaper colognes come in bottles that are designed to splash onto you or your clothes. Some come with spray caps. These, I would spray some into the air and then walk through it. Other colognes come with a small opening in the top of the bottle that you put some on your finger, then transfer it to your wrists or neckline.
I hope this helped.

Until Next Time,
ItalianMafioso

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO I love how he actually answered you. Classic

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, mr. casanova's query is answered. Good replies to start with, that stuff towards the end wasn't necessary, play nice guys, hehe. 'Closed'

Status
Not open for further replies.