Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What happens when the average female makes more than the average male?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There will come a day in our lifetime, at least in America when the average female makes more than the average male. What happens then? How are women going to keep marrying up? Who pays for dates? How are men going to deal with not being the strongest financial provider?

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In order for the average female to earn more than the average male it takes a strong government interference in the free market.

In order for government to work and feed itself it takes the average man to produce therefore the same moment the average man is not satisfied from his work condition and the dating market he will turn into "do as less as possible mode".

In that moment the government will run out of funds and the system will reset.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So my small research into the "wage gap" shows two things - first is that there is a meaningful effect between hours worked, and professions pursued. In the case of the first and second, men elect to work longer hours and/or pursue technical fields that pay more. When the numbers are run between men/women for hours/field, the different is not statistically significant.

I see a lot of talk about trying to get women into STEM fields, and why men allegedly try to bully women out of these fields. Having worked in engineering, and software, I can say that this is simply not the case in my experience. What is never discussed in these news clips is that men are simply inclined to do these fields for free, and women focus on the money. Now this isn't a cold hard fast rule, but I can list half a dozen men including myself who have developed software and made the switch, or engineering projects on their own time and know 0 women who have done this. Think of two examples - one being myself and dedicating my free time to developing, and someone I know who complains about how unequal it is for men but not electing to do anything about it. If she decided to teach herself something in a high demand field, i have no doubt she could land a job the same as me.

I guess for women to earn more than men in a meaningful way, they will have to work longer hours in professions that pay more. Now I know plenty of women that bust their asses working several jobs, so its certainly not a question of work ethic. Next would have to be a secular decline in the need, and subsequent remuneration for high paying fields like tech. I suppose this is possible, but given the trends in tech as a whole, I simply dont see if happening in the long term.

On a personal note, I have zero problem dating a women who earns more than me. **** it, I'd enjoy it. it'd be my preference.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if and when women making more became the norm them what? Should you still have a need to be the financial provider when statistically its no longer the truth?

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to date a woman who earns more than me. Yet, the only women I can find that can achieve this is in my dreams.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There will come a day in our lifetime, at least in America when the average female makes more than the average male.
The average american has one testicle and one ovary.

Averages are useless without context.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Source? Seems doubtful.
Source? How about your brain?

Ten dudes = 20 testicles

Ten ladies = 20 ovaries

Twenty people = twenty testicles and twenty ovaries averages out to one apiece each.

It was meant to illustrate the ridiculousness of using stats, especially averages to draw conclusions.

"Average" is a mathematical concept, not an actual thing.

The average salary of a woman (average salary of about 75 million people) being greater than the average salary of a man (about 75 million people) is absolutely meaningless.

Especially when you consider the distributions of each are not likely normal (e.g. skewed).

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The average salary of a woman (average salary of about 75 million people) being greater than the average salary of a man (about 75 million people) is absolutely meaningless.
Don't construct an entire argument over semantics. The OP obviously means median income. What happens when the median income for a woman is higher than a man?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What happens when the median income for a woman is higher than a man?
I means exactly what it says it means. That the median (note that average and median are two different things, if he meant median, he didn't say median) income of women is higher than men.

But people date people. One person dates another person.

If you want to get technical, and you want to make some assumptions the answer is straightforward.

If you want to date a woman who makes LESS than you, for example, know can deduce the sample size from which to sort for said woman.

Discussions about WHY this is the way things are (which is what I suspect you and OP are getting at) is pointless.

As if you are first doing to figure out WHY (in a huge economy with too many variables to count) the median salary of women is higher than the median salary of men, and then explain WHAT exactly, you are going to DO with that information.

Say you ARE able to discern that the reason for the difference, is, for example, trends X, Y, and Z in the overall economy.

Then what?

Create some huge movement in the men's movement to STOP or REVERSE trends X, Y, and Z?

It suggest it would be a better use of ones time to INCREASE your own income, and INCREASE your social skills allowing you to get higher quality women. Let the rest of the world do what the rest of the world does.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I means exactly what it says it means. That the median (note that average and median are two different things, if he meant median, he didn't say median) income of women is higher than men.
That's what I was pointing out. The spirit of the post implies that he intends to mean median income, not average income. For the statistically less inclined, median income means the income level where 50% of people make more and 50% of people make less. Your rebuttal to his post was essentially a tirade about why average income is irrelevant as a metric. I don't know if it was intentional, but this takes the discussion in a completely different direction than what was intended.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if it was intentional, but this takes the discussion in a completely different direction than what was intended.
It was intentional, but it also didn't intend to take the post in a different direction. I was pointing out the problems with the premise.

There will come a day in our lifetime, at least in America when the average female makes more than the average male. What happens then? How are women going to keep marrying up? Who pays for dates?
The average women making more than the average man (or median if you prefer) is a description of society. Economics, wages, etc.

BUT THEN

He asks how individuals will respond to that. And since I infer that this question is based on male-female relationships, and not ones response to various social issues, that is not a valid question.

A guy meets girl and tries to woo her.

The ECONOMIC condition of the society in which they live is IRRELEVANT to his ability to woo her. Or seduce her. Or whatever.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
It suggest it would be a better use of ones time to INCREASE your own income, and INCREASE your social skills allowing you to get higher quality women. Let the rest of the world do what the rest of the world does.
Exactly!

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
The ECONOMIC condition of the society in which they live is IRRELEVANT to his ability to woo her. Or seduce her. Or whatever.
I agree. If a male could turn himself into a man, economics have no importance, as a man will act as a man and she will like and submit to him for that reason.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Source? Seems doubtful.
playing a trick with stats on you. Its a lesson in context as misrepresentation through incomplete data is a common way to lie to people. That is why anytime someone presents you with data, you want to see mean, medians, quartile ranges, standard devation and what not. They aren't perfect, but gives the reader a better idea than simply using one or two measures.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
playing a trick with stats on you. Its a lesson in context as misrepresentation through incomplete data is a common way to lie to people. That is why anytime someone presents you with data, you want to see mean, medians, quartile ranges, standard devation and what not. They aren't perfect, but gives the reader a better idea than simply using one or two measures.

If u r using 6 sigma as a tool to predict outcome, then there's no absolutes just probabilities in engineering, scientific, rational processes.

The vast majority of humanity doesn't decide rationally.

What works for one personality doesn't work for the other.

You'd do better to study personality and adjust responses accordingly.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
There will come a day in our lifetime, at least in America when the average female makes more than the average male. What happens then? How are women going to keep marrying up? Who pays for dates? How are men going to deal with not being the strongest financial provider?
I'll answer this. In my late teens/early 20's I was dating a young Yoahan Japanese expatriate, she had the money, education, experiences, older etc and I on the other hand was a free rolling discotheque DJ. It was my night job back then.

Wild times aside.

Who pays for the date?

She always offered, I always refused. I could afford it because I brought her out to places where I could. No fancy stuff. She enjoyed it all. Yeah, she does buy stuffs without me knowing and then has them in takeaway boxes for us to eat. Clever Jap.

How are men going to deal with not being the strongest financial provider?

I dealt with it by being manly - masculine, in that she had to follow me to places where I could afford - Food, movies, drinks, outings were mostly long leisure drives to the mountains or beaches in my 20 year old jeep.

But she's sneaky, often re framing my worldviews, she did it respectfully and mindful of my pride.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK, 70% of couples have the women has primary income.

I met woman everyday who make more than their man. Its commun.

What will happen? They only need you for love and sex ;)

Soflobro#3

Banned
Reaction score
In many large cities younger single women out earn younger single men. I think in early 30s to late 30s.