Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what do you guys think about marriage?!

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaterTiger
You NEVER know what's going to happen tomorrow. Prepare for it NOW!)
I could use the above quote for an argument to get married. Check out my last sig...

I understand your concerns though. Thanks!

Cobra

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CobraGT
I can see how this may cause trouble for some couples. I suppose I'm a special case in this area. A natural if you will. The first time I had sex was with my fiance who was not a virgin turned out to be awesome. I had waited a long time for this opportunity so I didn't half ass it the first go around. That night turned out perfect because I wanted to give her insane pleasure so I communicated with her and found out what movements gave her the greatest pleasure. I strove to make sure she enjoyed every moment of our encounter. Since then I've used that sort of approach and have taught her more about sex and herself than she ever learned from her prior experience. It's the selfish people who will suffer problems the most in their sexual encounters.

CobraGT
Repeat after me: I am *not* special, I am just a number. Keep repeating it as required.

You are focusing too much on what makes her feel good: being a DJ means she will feel good naturally. There is no thought required.

Finally, she wasn't a virgin but you were? How many times removed from virginity was she? And I know when you're 35, not sleeping with any other woman for your entire life won't bother you. Right?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cobra, ever notice ...

... that your responses to the guys saying no marriage are argumentative and your responses to the guys saying get married are high-fiving positives?

Sheesh, go ahead and get freaking married, that's what you want to do. Us DJs just confused your Catholic a$$.

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Cobra - I understand where you are coming from but you are wrong. You are still an AFC. You beleive in the fairy tale. Trust me, it won't work. I have said my piece, good luck.

Westcoaster, Water Tiger, Falcon Eye... I think we all agree but yuo cannot stop the matrix. There are only a few of us who are outside it... everybody still connected is a potential enemy. They keep producing hollywood fairy tales and poor guys like Cobra buy into it... the whole idea of being a virgin at marriage and not knowing sh1t about sex... why would anybody think that is a good idea? Do you think people who don't know how to keep house, do finances, etc should marry? Then why should people who don't know how to "do" sex marry? Ridiculous!

Dietzcoi
Check out my response to Falcon Eye.

Thank you for issuing the worst possible insult! If you were more open minded and less bitter about marriage that statement might hurt. If your idea of being a DJ means being closed minded and intensely bitter about marriage...then leave me out. While I appreciate your insight about married life, I won't assume that your opinions hold true for the majority of marriages. Neither will I assume the fairy tale marriage doesn't exist because you say so. Your not so omnipotent that you can discern that no marriage has ever or will be one of happiness for both partners. Your correct that they all have problems, but the level of commitment to the marriage by each partner will dictate the ease with which the problems are dealt with in that marriage. Is it impossible that the level of commitment to a marriage and each other could be nearly equal?

Average? No way. There won't be another like me. Frustrated? I'm glad you've picked up on that I was afraid I wasn't making myself clear. Chumpish? I feel like a chump for needing help, but being humble makes this a little easier.

Later!

CobraGT

Reaction score
Cobra, your marriage may work if you are BOTH SINCERE - I question your sincerity!!

Jay Gatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CobraGT
Is it impossible that the level of commitment to a marriage and each other could be nearly equal?

Average? No way. There won't be another like me. Frustrated? I'm glad you've picked up on that I was afraid I wasn't making myself clear. Chumpish? I feel like a chump for needing help, but being humble makes this a little easier.
While I've enjoyed some of the insights provided by various posters, the discussion has now degenerated into personal attacks that serve no purpose.

CobraGT -- it is now readily-apparent that you have become more defensive as your wedding approaches. Such defensivness is, by its nature, a by-product of an attempt to convince yourself that your decision to get married is the right one. Detzcoi, Westcoaster and other posters have raised numerous questions for you to ask yourself. Unfortunately, you won't ask them because you know that you won't like the answers. Then again, perhaps you don't have the answers, and acknowledging that fact scares the heck out of you.

Regardless of your reasons for being defensive, you must accept the fact that there is both statistical and anectdotal evidence that marriages can and do fail. Perhaps your marriage will be one of the lucky ones, then again, perhaps not. You may as well find out for yourself. Along the way I expect that you will learn much about yourself and your wife, some of which you will wish you hadn't. Experience has always been the best teacher.

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Gatsby
CobraGT -- it is now readily-apparent that you have become more defensive as your wedding approaches. Such defensivness is, by its nature, a by-product of an attempt to convince yourself that your decision to get married is the right one.
Sorry Jay I take offense when called an AFC. I'll accept that term only if I fully deserve it. I would take less offense if I were described as AFC thoughts.

Last edited:

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, Cobra, I apologize for the AFC remark..

But I too am getting frustrated when I see the TRUTH plain as day and others refuse to see it and just allow their lives to be ruined!

I am trying to save you guys my fate and I am attacked for my help!

Do whatever you want but your true feelings have been obvious to all of us.

Dietzcoi

CobraGT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand your concern dietzcoi. Just hard to accept such a term when I see your views as so extreme. I'm not a DJ either. I have DJ like qualities when I'm ambivalent. The TRUE DJ is always ambivalent to the women he dates. He is no longer TRUE when he begins to give himself up to commitment. Not to say he is wrong. Just nature taking over.

As a result of my discussions here, postponing my wedding date inevitably, and discussing my reasons with a friend I have developed an understanding that puts me completely at peace with my decision to postpone. I don't know of anybody near me that understands dating with as much clarity as I. The events that have transpired this weekend have led me to more clarity than those who may have dated 30 women. I may discuss more about this someday, but right now it will take far more time and energy to explain than I have available.

See ya!

CobraGT

Last edited:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple

Do not even THINK of marrying until the initial "flame" has died down. Marry a gal while in the throes of infatuation, and you may as well just hand her and your kids you may never even get to see all your money.

After she's stood the test of time, and you've got a good prenup, well, then have at it, if it's your wish.