Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WestCoaster (or anyone), Marriage article you might find interesting...

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Not that i condone co-habitating but...

Originally posted by Squid
I don't know about in the US, but in Canada this is not true, if you live together for more than 6 months (I think it's 6 months, I can't remember exactly) you are considered common law, and the same rules apply as if you were married. Meaning you still get taken to the cleaners.
another reason why Canada sucks.

in Cali, there is no common law marriage, although Cali will recognize it as common law if you lived in a state that does have common law and if it's a sufficient amount of time, ususally between 7-14 years. only a few states in the US recognize common law marriages.

consult your attorney. yet again, another reason why marriage sucks.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bbc, we have several posts in this forum talking about prenups. In general, I heard it is limited and there is a certain time limit. Unfortunately, prenups don't protect against the pyschological and emotional impact of divorce.

Anyway, deep down I feel that certain people (both men and women) aren't meant to get married...just like certain people can't be pro athlete or dastardly politicians. One reason is that people want near perfection in their relationship and their mate. That's just not possible. The other reason is that human gets bored easily. I think both are natural human "flaws." This is a good post.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right - there are people who were never meant to be married or parents for that matter.

This is the problem with AFCism, it allows or causes men to be sucked into a marriage they do not want or need, and even makes them agree to have kids if they don't want them, just to please the wife, who rapidly becomes a hideous shrew or fat pig. And the man just slowly loses his manhood until he follows her around Walmart saying "Yes, dear!"

End of story!

Haven't I just describe the lives of 100s of millions of men?

Dietzcoi

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So right Dietzcoi

I had one of those "Wal-Mart" moments at the post office yesterday.

In front of me was a very unattractive woman, who had a scowl on her face and a voice so deep she could sing bass for The Temptations.

She was ready to pop, at least 8 months pregnant. I'll probably get killed for saying this, but I was thinking, "someone slept with her?"

Some AFC sucker got duped ... yes, another one of the 100's of millions of stupid men who have bought into some sort of strange myth.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in retail stores for a living. I see the same thing constantly, sum scowling, fat, broad with a bunch of bad a$$ kids.

Something I notice recently, I think they are more dangerous, are the "soccer mom" type women who range from average to pretty with huge rocks on their fingers. They CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE all day long. On the occasion that you do see their husbands, its always sum guy who can't make a decision w/o looking at his wife or asks his wifes permission to make the most routine purchases. These women are their own religion. They act like they are the most important thing on earth and they "NEED" everything yesterday! Buying a pen is the most important and trying task of her day and she should win a metal everytime she braves the world in her brand new SUV.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is hideous!!!

Why are we the only ones who see this?

It is like we really are a secret society who have woken up...

I guess it is always easier to see this from the outside than when you are involved in the relationship.

I know I was an AFC doing just what was described. I should have seen it sooner. I am glad I finally did.

This is a true horror story. Much scarier than Frankenstein!

All you married men... pay attention! Soon you will be married to Earnest Borgnine!!

Dietzcoi

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paying attention

One thing people don't do well in this country is pay attention, and I could be included on this list. Before I found the DJ site I'd go to the grocery store, get my food, pay for it, and call it a day. Yeah, some of the screaming kids would be annoying, but that's life.

Now I see who is with the screaming kids, and it's usually big, bad momma ... dragging along small, wimpy man.

Like everyone else in their drunken stupor-like state, it really didn't dawn on me about this horrible situation until I read sosuave.com. Then it started hitting me just what a miserable freaking life these people are living and how somewhere the American male thinks this is a good thing to buy into. Marrying Ernest Borgnine seems to be the No. 1 pasttime in America.

Ah, I notice it all now, like yesterday when this AFC passed me on campus. I know he's an AFC because a friend told me so. He's married to a mean bi-bolar beyotch and can't get away because of two young kids. He's pining over another woman I know who doesn't want anything to do with him, and he has a master's degree he's not using; instead he's been an administrative assistant (glorified secretary) for seven years because he won't leave the area (it's not that great of area).

He had this look of pain on his face as he walked by me, not knowing that I know the details of his pathetic life.

Why is he like this? Because of that dreaded AFC disease!

It's a killer folks, don't succumb to this awful disease.

Pay attention out there! Look at people, look at the treatment they get, look who they're married to. Keep your eyes open!