Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Walk Like A Man

Kane

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I've been trying to attract this one girl for a little while now. With every other woman, I'm basically ok. I can flirt...etc..etc..etc... But with this one... I totally lose my cool... everything... To make a long story short. I tried EVERYTHING with very little result… I ended up not just blowing it I think I ROYALLY blew it. (How I blew it is not the focus of this post) Damn! I really liked her too! She totally avoids me now. What makes it worse is she is a part of my social circle of friends. And now, all my friends are acting like they feel so sorry for me (since they're the ones that tried to set us up).

Well I was feeling pretty low last night and I just happened to be watching "Heart's and Soul". Up comes a song called "Walk Like A Man". I sat there listening to it thinking... Yeah, here I’m being a total putz, a whiner. I made the mistake of letting it get to me too much and not being A MAN about it.

To paraphrase a prayer for serenity in the context of being a man. A man, A REAL man, has COURAGE to go after what he wants. A REAL man also has the STRENGTH to accept the things he can't or shouldn’t have in his life and just "walk away" from it. The challenge is the WISDOM to know the difference, I think that only comes with time, experience, success and unfortunately failure. I think though, deep down you know when to call it quits.

Anyway, that song really picked me up. It picked me up so much I got a copy of it.

So my fellow DJs whenever you're feeling low, dejected, rejected and/or just pissed off because of a girl. FORGET about it! BE A MAN ABOUT IT.

Here are the lyrics in case anyone's interested:

WALK LIKE A MAN

Walk like a man
Oh, how you tried to cut me down to size
Tellin' dirty lies to my friends
But my own father said "Give her up, don't bother
The world isn't comin' to an end"

He said,
Walk like a man, talk like a man
Walk like a man my son
NO WOMAN'S WORTH CRAWLIN' ON THE EARTH
So walk like a man, my son

Bye bye baby, I don't-a mean maybe
Gonna get along somehow
Soon you'll be cryin' on account of all your lyin'
Oh yeah, just look who's laughin' now

Walk like a man, fast as I can
Walk like a man from you
I'll tell the world "forget about it, girl"
And walk like a man from you

Walking
Kane

Drew

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice!

I think it is also a good thing for each of us to have a song that helps lift us up as Walk Like a Man has done for Kane.

I have a song that helps do it for me, it hasn't failed for the past god knows many years that I've been listening to it.

You all should find a song for yourselves. ; )

deuce20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn straight. Music is extremely powerful and soothes the soul. I'm sorry about what happened to you, but keep on truckin!
the deuce

Futurologist

Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely agree with having a song to inspire you. In my case, it's a song called "What Is A Man". The version I'm familiar with is by the Tindersticks (which was the theme song of a UK TV show recently, I believe), but the original was done by the Four Tops.

These lyrics are taken from the website http://www.srv.net/~roxtar/lyrics/four_tops.html, with a couple of corrections.

What Is A Man

A man can walk proudly,
Down in the street.
A man’s not ashamed of what he believes.

He knows how to laugh,
He knows when to cry.
He knows it’s best to live.
He’s not afraid to die.

(Repeat) What is a man

A man searches,
For the key to success.
He’d rather be sure,
Than take a wild guess.

He knows how to love,
He knows how to hate.
He knows when to move.