Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Visiting her for a month

Brrrrandon

Reaction score
To give some context, I am a 19 year old Marine. I’m about to take a month of leave which begins in February. For translation: leave=vacation days. 30 days in this case. I will be spending that entire time with my girlfriend. Over the course of this month we will be spending a lot of time together. She will also be taking some time off from work but unfortunately she will have to resume working before I leave.

So I broke this down into 3 phases:
  1. Preparations
  2. When she isn’t working
  3. When she resumes working

Now the reason I’m seeking advice is because I need to hear some ideas/things for what I should be doing during each of the phases. I already have some ideas of my own, which I will share, to hopefully inspire some brainstorming.

Preparations:
. Up the intensity and quantity of workouts
. Grow hair out (within military regulations of course) and try styling with pomade
. Do some manscaping
. Consider the wardrobe (we might be going camping for a week in California during February-March weather)
. Bring a month of “essentials” with me (what does that entail exactly?)
. Maybe quick-learn some skills to impress her i.e cooking her dinner, so learn to cook like your momma! (What other skills, make a list and include why and/or how)

When she isn’t working:
. The usual dating stuff, not something I really think I will struggle with. Still, what ideas do some of you got?
. I was thinking of taking an Uber to her house with a bouquet of her favorite flowers in hand versus meeting at the airport
. I should acquaint myself with her family
. She loves her dog very much
. I am all ears to any additional advice! Keep on brainstorming! She lives in Wildomar so any recommendations in regards to this location is graciously appreciated.

When she resumes working:
. I was thinking of doing little things for her like cleaning her house or taking care of her dog. This is a great opportunity to bond with him too!
. I also think she would love it if I brought coffee or some lunch to her at work. And in the morning I could even bring her breakfast in bed!
. I should definitely maintain my physique i.e continue to workout on my own as opposed to simply working out with my unit (stationed in Cherry Point)

Literally I am all ears to any advice. Please brainstorm and help a fella out! Many thanks!

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you not visiting your parents?

What is your goal beyond the service?

What is on your bucket list to experience in life and how much of that have you accomplished?

Your 30 days of leave at the holidays is your time to enjoy the company of friends and family. Do not let a woman monopolize that time.

Another thought...there is a period of personal growth that occurs between 18 and 25 that is the greatest in a young man's life because he has the resources, energy, determination and freedom to achieve it. Do not waste that precious time. Do not let one person derail you from that growth. Carry on....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, let him be young and in love. It's fun while it lasts, like the world's best virtual reality. But the goggles can't stay on forever.

Being active duty and trying to keep a ldr together is a long shot at best. Marriage is widely despised on this forum, but being 19 and active duty is very different than most guys. I don't know for certain about the Marines, but from what I remember about other branches is that they give you more money and better housing if you get married. What is your situation in that regard? Are you using your visit with her as a practice cohabitation?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
note: going to the girl, is much different than her going to you.

frame flip pancakes anyone?