I've currently got my eye on this girl who is/has been very 'sheltered' all her life.
Only met her in person on a couple of occasions but have gotten the ball roling through emails.
As we should all know - try to get to meet them in person asap and dont turn it into a pen-pal thing - I know that.
The thing is that she is very nervous and afraid to get intimate and has suggested (email) that we should get together as friends first as she hardly knows me, and would like to get to know me better as friends first and see where it develops from there.
This would normally set off alarm bells in my head as soon as I read the dreaded 'friendship', but under these circumstances and her outlook/experience/nature, I think this may still be OK.
questions:
* How do you think I should reply to this email in order to get to see her in person under the guise of 'friends', without falling into the dreaded friendship trap?
* Have you had any experience with the very timid/sheltered girls and how did you do things differently to get them to open up?
Only met her in person on a couple of occasions but have gotten the ball roling through emails.
As we should all know - try to get to meet them in person asap and dont turn it into a pen-pal thing - I know that.
The thing is that she is very nervous and afraid to get intimate and has suggested (email) that we should get together as friends first as she hardly knows me, and would like to get to know me better as friends first and see where it develops from there.
This would normally set off alarm bells in my head as soon as I read the dreaded 'friendship', but under these circumstances and her outlook/experience/nature, I think this may still be OK.
questions:
* How do you think I should reply to this email in order to get to see her in person under the guise of 'friends', without falling into the dreaded friendship trap?
* Have you had any experience with the very timid/sheltered girls and how did you do things differently to get them to open up?