Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Variants of the HS DJ

jaye

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ's come in all shapes and sizes. In high school, the launching platform to adulthold, most teens (not all!) are molded into their various forms of mature adults. HS is also a place where DJ-hood is established.

Although there is not set "type" or "mold" of and for a DJ, there are certain categories in which DJ's can fall into, just as with anything and everything in the universe.

For instance, there is the "the skater DJ" - the guy who's dressed in DC shoes, the ****ies, etc... or the "playa DJ" - the guy who's decked out in Enyce or Sean John... the "Abercrombie guy"... etc.

I'm gonna present my version of the "playa/hip hop DJ" from my observations.

**Style - definitely urban influenced ~ enyce, ecko, sean john, roca wear, phat farm, du-rags, fitted caps, jerseys, lugz, timbs, AF1s, uptowns, "baggy" pants and oversized shirts, various forms of "ice" or bling bling (which is now an official word in the Oxford English Dictionary)

**Music - hip hop, R&B

**Cars - increasingly the hip hop lifestyle has been linked to cars, "sitting on dubs", etc. Usually the import, mitsubishi, toyotas, hondas... racers like to trick out their car. It's gotta be fast, or big, or both, with a "bumpin" system

**Crowd - hip hop DJs are, more often than not, minorities - blacks, asians. Asians tend to hang out with Asians, blacks with blacks, or a mix. The infamous "Crew" ~ the demi-entourage of a hip hop DJ... his "wingmen" ~ often "roll" together (as into clubs, etc.)

**Demeanor - uses slang, ebonics-associated language, walks very non-chalant, unaffected. Possess "badass", "rebelliouis" qualities because his appearance, lifestyle is seen as the opposite of the established, white "suburbian" way of life.

Please post your impression of a ( ) DJ.

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hip hop = bboying djing emceeing graffin

no cars

no cloths

no images

hip hop is a life style

the media has totally messed the name of hip hop up!!

but anyways , i like your post

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just gonna describe me, because I'm one of a kind.

Dresses Old Navy, or whatever looks nice.

Style: loud, obnoxious, funny, tends to insult people.

Music: can range fmo anything to anything (for me its hard rock, and some metal)

Cars: I prefer European perfection, as with BMW (M3 all the way!!!) but since I can't afford one, American muscle cars aren't that bad, like the Firebird TransAm, Camaro SS, Mustang No GT and no regular, those suck. SVT or Saleen, or a 5.0 (289) engine or bigger. Power for cheap, and good aftermarket.)

Crowd: EVERYONE. Dorks, nerds, popular people, jocks.... I'm friends with basically everyone.

Demeanor: I can't shut up. tend to use proper english, I'm outspoken, I never sag my pants on purpose, and don't care about "big ballin" or whatever seems to be cool nowadays. I have my own force.

That's me. What's you?

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hip hop = bboying djing emceeing graffin

no cars

no cloths

no images

hip hop is a life style

the media has totally messed the name of hip hop up!!
lol, I read that as people who are into hip hop dont have cars, dont have clothes(!) and don't have images. Which is scary.

I can see many nasty injuries ariseing from naked b-boying. All ya bits rele should be tucked in if your spinning round on your head. Thats the head thats on your neck. Thats the neck thats....oh forget it...

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What social crowd you hang out with or what style you wear has nothing to do with being a DJ. It's a pointless classification, I'd say.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Da Game
What social crowd you hang out with or what style you wear has nothing to do with being a DJ. It's a pointless classification, I'd say.
bingo

DJ's dont mold, period.

Spikes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Japanese cars are part of being a DJ? I have to disagree.

Reaction score
I'm outspoken, don't give a ****, I'll take on any of you guys, type of dude! I wear a little of everything..I'm diverse I like some rap(mainly underground and west coast), and I like some metal(Pantera, Slayer, Down, not that nu-metal bull****!) and I'm just plain into everything, and I have a bunch of friends from both sides of the spectrum in the high school world.....I'll admit it, I'm popular, but in a good way! I think everyone should be like that, it will get a hell of a lot farther in life.....you also develop a very good sense of humor while your at it! Don't just pertain to one group, belong to all of them..or most of them anyways..

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jaye ...there are certain categories in which DJ's can fall into, just as with anything and everything in the universe.
Here is your problem, man. Stop categorizing everything and the world will be a much better place.