Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Using braces at 27!!!

_Machiavelli_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys!!!

Recently i got a job that pays really well, and i was seriously thinking about realizing something i always thought about but never had the chance ($) to accomplish, buying braces in order to get a perfect smile. I know i should have done that when i was growing up like when i was 17 or 18 but the opportunities didn't show up so i was wondering if it's ok to use them now. Dentist said it was possible even now, and i know it's a major turn off for girls but i don't give a **** to that. What do you think.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How badly crooked are your teeth? Does it look like someone took a baseball bat to your mouth? Or are only a few teeth out of place? If its the latter, then you won't need to get metal/wire braces. They have new "braces" which look like those dental trays they use at the dentists' for bleaching teeth. It's made of soft plastic and its molded by the dentist to make the EXACT shape of your teeth, only it is adjusted a bit "tighter" so that when you bit down on it (it's only one piece of plastic with the molds of your upper and lower rows of teeth on the top and bottom of the piece) if will gradually adjust your teeth into a straight line.

The catch here is that with steel braces you have no choice whether or not to go thru the pain. Once the doctor tightens the braces, you have to bear with the pain for a few days until your teeth move and settle down in the gums. But with this plastic device, its upto YOU to bite down hard and bear with the pain.
It's all about self-exercised will power.

The best part is that you only have to wear it in your sleep or when your in the house. No metal mouth when you go to the bars or to work. It works very much in the same way as retainers.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I say do it, it is well worth it. You can probably get clear plastic ones as well. When I was younger, I had a bad overbite with buck teeth. I had braces for 5 long years and had to continue to wear a retainer. This was 10 years ago and the results are amazing. I now have a perfect bite and straight teeth. Your teeth and your jaws play a SIGNIFICANT amount in your appearance. I say, Go for it.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
How badly crooked are your teeth? Does it look like someone took a baseball bat to your mouth? Or are only a few teeth out of place? If its the latter, then you won't need to get metal/wire braces. They have new "braces" which look like those dental trays they use at the dentists' for bleaching teeth. It's made of soft plastic and its molded by the dentist to make the EXACT shape of your teeth, only it is adjusted a bit "tighter" so that when you bit down on it (it's only one piece of plastic with the molds of your upper and lower rows of teeth on the top and bottom of the piece) if will gradually adjust your teeth into a straight line.

The catch here is that with steel braces you have no choice whether or not to go thru the pain. Once the doctor tightens the braces, you have to bear with the pain for a few days until your teeth move and settle down in the gums. But with this plastic device, its upto YOU to bite down hard and bear with the pain.
It's all about self-exercised will power.

The best part is that you only have to wear it in your sleep or when your in the house. No metal mouth when you go to the bars or to work. It works very much in the same way as retainers.
I believe you are talking about Invis-Align.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess so. I don't know what it;s called. But its a godsend.

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you can spend the extra bucks, you can get "ceramic" braces, they are the same color as your teeth. Then you get clear bands, and the same metal wire, you can only barely notice them when you are up close, they are what i got.

Just ask your dentist about "clear braces", or "ceramic braces"

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Machiavelli_
Hi guys!!!

Recently i got a job that pays really well, and i was seriously thinking about realizing something i always thought about but never had the chance ($) to accomplish, buying braces in order to get a perfect smile. I know i should have done that when i was growing up like when i was 17 or 18 but the opportunities didn't show up so i was wondering if it's ok to use them now. Dentist said it was possible even now, and i know it's a major turn off for girls but i don't give a **** to that. What do you think.
There's braces now that you can wear on the BACK of your teeth, nobody will be able to see that you have any braces !

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Machiavelli_
Hi guys!!!

Tom Cruise did it. So can you. They have "invisible" braces, and all sorts of other modern technology to make them unobtrusive.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get Invisalign! I'm 20 and I've been using it for about 2 months. It's COMPLETELY invisable (I haven't even told most of my friends I have them in and they haven't noticed), they're cheaper than regular braces, they move your teeth quicker, and they can even be used as bleeching trays. I went to an orthodontist for regular braces (the "clear" kind, which still has a visable metal bar) and it would've taken 2 and a half years to finish with a possibility of jaw surgery and the braces would cost a total of over 5k. I went to another orthodontist for Invisalign and it will be done in 8 months total and cost me about 4k and the bleech is another $40.

www.invisalign.com

Apollo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick question about those invisalign "braces", how often do you have to go back to get them changed?

Toke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have clear ones on top, metal on the bottom. No one ever sees your bottom teeth really. The top is the part that shows.

Clear ones are more expensive, and break easier. So thats why I put metal on the bottom.