Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trouble gaining weight

LionFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm 6'0 tall, I weigh 130lbs. All my life I've been a skinny guy. I finally decided to to get serious and change this.

A few months ago, I started reading up on health, fitness, and muscle mags, I read Diesel's bulking up thread, I've joined a gym and started a weight lifting program with a presonal trainer. I'm eating like crazy, but I'm not gaining anything!

I still weigh 130, and gone through two jars of weight gainer 1850, I eat about 4 times day, high protein food like chicken, steak, ect.. or calorie packed food like pasta and pizza.

I'm building muscle, and getting alot stronger, but I can't develop much more since I don't have anything left to grow it with!

I've started trying some Cell-Tech this week, I'm going to see how that goes. The claim is the average guy can gain about 11 pounds in just a few weeks with it. Anyone else have some advice?

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried jalapeno poppers? Dip them in nacho cheese.

------------------
"Ben Affleck is not a homosexual; he just plays one in the bathhouse."

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can't gain weight it's lack of calories. If you eat 8000 calories (I'm not saying you need that much) you can't remain in the same weight, the calories don't just dissapear magically.
So keep eating more & more often.

BigManB69

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
If you can't gain weight it's lack of calories. If you eat 8000 calories (I'm not saying you need that much) you can't remain in the same weight, the calories don't just dissapear magically.
So keep eating more & more often.
cant someone just sh!t it all out?

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigManB69:
cant someone just sh!t it all out?

No, cause it's absorbed through the stomach.
If you take too much food (and I mean TOO MUCH, A LOT), you'll throw up.

When I take too many power milks (I invented them, it's milk with dehydrated milk, you drink 20 grams of protein in a glass
) I sometimes have, how are these called? When you almost throw up, you feel the food going up?
Actually, it's cause I can't stand the taste of pure milk & in concentrated form it's worst...

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in your shoes about two a half months ago, literally. I am 5'11 and weighed in at 135. Now I weight 147(gain a pound or two of fat along the way).

I will not tell you what to do, since somethings work well for others and some don't. But I will tell you what I been doing for a reference and its been working.

Went out and bought some multivitamin and 100% whey protein. Thanks it, sure there are tons of other stuff out there that will help A LITTLE, but if you don't see gains with just this then no magic pill will work because your not doing something right. Save your money.

I eat about 5 times a day. I carb up in the morning with some fruits, bread, cereal and down a protein shake so I will had energy for my workout around noon.

I work out 5x a week.(mostly heavy weights, low reps after warmup)
Mon-Legs
Tue-Back,Chest
Wed-Abs&Cardio 20mins.(at 65% max heart rate to burn more fat)
Thu-Arms
Fri-HIIT 15mins.(high intesity interval training)
(never workout on a full stomach)

Right after workout I down another protein shake and take in a little more carbs. Meals after that usually consist of fish, chicken or beef(lean cuts). Don't eat 3 hours before I sleep because most likely it will be stored as fat. Drink about an oz. of water per pound of body weight. Stay away from the junk like most fast food, cokes, candy and snacks that contain nutritionless calories. Sleep is good, 8 hours.

Check out www.bodybuilding.com go to the message boards, there is tons of info on there and just like www.sosuave.com everything contradicts itself. LOL
Find out what works best for you. Also, once you get going theres no stopping you, because people like us(thin) start seeing results like crazy since there is no fat to hide it. Good luck.

------------------
The words typed above this sentence is a work of art. I call it, "Lesbian Seagull."

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
www.skinnyguy.net

this sight will change your life! I'm also 6'0 and when I started Anthony's program I was 129lbs, I'm 155lbs. I've gained nearly 30 lbs of muscle and have gone from 12% body fat to 10% in the same time.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2N Turbo:

Right after workout I down another protein shake and take in a little more carbs. Meals after that usually consist of fish, chicken or beef(lean cuts). Don't eat 3 hours before I sleep because most likely it will be stored as fat.

You are very wrong with not eating 3 hours before sleep. It won't turn into fat anymore than any other meal of the day.

You need protein and fat before bed since that's when your body grows.
Also, you need fat. You won't grow if you don't eat fat.
Fat does not make you fat magically.
That's the same logic as thinking that eating the heart of a brave man will make you fearless.
You are wasting time since you could get much bigger if you ate more calories.

Remember that you can't lose fat & gain muscle at the same time and if you get obsessed with not gaining fat, your muscle gains will be minimal.

Don't worry, after a good 6 months or so of bulking, cut for 2 months & you'll be ripped again.

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I weight 147(gain a pound or two of fat along the way).
I hear ya Aiken, I usually cheat on the diet once in a while. I try to keep the daily calories from fat around 20%-30%, with healthy fats from meats, flax seed oil, etc.
Even though the meats are lean cuts, they still have some fat, and I can't stop at just one 3oz. serving. I know fat can come from excess calories from anything but they count more per gram than carbs and protein.(fat 9, protein 4, carbs 4)

But I do disagree with this statement: It won't turn into fat anymore than any other meal of the day.

Your metabolism slows down when you sleep hence you burn less calories.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2N Turbo: I hear ya Aiken, I usually cheat on the diet once in a while. I try to keep the daily calories from fat around 20%-30%, with healthy fats from meats, flax seed oil, etc. Even though the meats are lean cuts, they still have some fat, and I can't stop at just one 3oz. serving. I know fat can come from excess calories from anything but they count more per gram than carbs and protein.(fat 9, protein 4, carbs 4) But I do disagree with this statement: It won't turn into fat anymore than any other meal of the day. Your metabolism slows down when you sleep hence you burn less calories.
But the point is that you need those calories to grow... forget all that crap you learned for normal ppl, we bodybuilders don't work the same way mere mortals do

------------------
"In doing good, avoid notoriety; in doing evil, avoid self-awareness" Duncan Idaho, Mentat (Dune).

"I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world
because they'd never expect it." --Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts"

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(gain a pound or two of fat along the way).
I know I am going to gain fat along with the muscle, I just trying to keep it a minimum.
I am still new at this, being my first bulking cycle ever, so I dont know how hard it will be to lose the fat. Because I know when losing it you will lose muscle. But I figure it will be no sweat losing it, and if I can lose it while maintaining most of my muscle then next cycle I wont have to worry as much about the fat. Laterz.

[This message has been edited by 2N Turbo (edited 11-06-2002).]