Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too Old for Distressed Jeans?

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
InvisibleMan said:
my mom (yea, yea, I know) says I'm too old for this and I need to dress "like a man." :confused:

- Invisible Man

LOL, yeah... my mom picks at stuff like this too, and I'm 32. It's pretty funny... anytime I get new clothes or cut my hair in a "hip" style and she doesn't like it, it means that I KNOW the girls out there will like it.

As for dresssing "young"... it really depends on what kind of things you're doing and who you're hanging out with. I hang around with people in their early/mid 20's, generally, so I can get away with it.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

InvisibleMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

In my ever increasing fight to overcome my past (some of you may know me from the "My Story" thread - which I've noticed has gotten quite a lot of views, embarassingly), I'm also working on my sense of fashion and am trying to seperate myself from the average sweat pant, tee-shirt, baseball cap wearing type-guys (nothing necessarily wrong with that, but I like to dress up). Anyway, I've tried out some of the "fashionable" type jeans like Lucky Brand or others that have the "distressed" look with the variable shading/fading, some rips and tears, and a low rise type style.

Question: Do you guys think these type of jeans are too "gay" looking and also, being 36, I'm wondering if I may be too old for these type of clothes?
Women I have talked to don't really have a clue (and they never tell you the truth anyway), and my mom (yea, yea, I know) says I'm too old for this and I need to dress "like a man." :confused:

I look through GQ and other fashion type publications and usually only see younger guys wearing this type of stuff, and looking around at what other guys are wearing definitely doesn't give me any sense of style other than the fact that most men I see look like complete dorks (they mostly look like they are either wearing what their wives picked out for them or they look like 10 year old boys).

As an aside, I've also started to use DiCreatine and Protein powder to supplement my workouts, since I've been working out steady and hard for about a year now and don't see too much results anymore. My diet is tough because as some of you may know, I've lost 45 pounds in about a year (I'm about 6', weigh about 175 now and I was never really fat, but I really really want the ""cut" look that is so great looking), so I don't eat much as I'm still trying to loose a final layer of fat so my abs show more. So I know I'm not getting enough protein and I think you really need it to build more muscle like I'm trying. Otherwise I think I've just been spinning my wheels trying to get this killer body. My muscles have been eating themselves to rebuild the muscle fiber I tear without the help of added protein.

Anyway, thoughts on the jeans would be much appreciated.

- Invisible Man

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
some of them do look very gay, like the ones that are distressed but also have rips in them. also if they fit too tight that looks queer. i would stay away from diesel and the like - too emo/gay IMO.

you could try the gap. they have some which are distressed but still look good. or there's target. the mossimo jeans/shirts are fairly cheap and look good. i just bought a button up casual/almost dressy shirt from target and have been getting compliments on it.

and no, 36 is not too old unless you're talking about wearing teenager clothes (like skater clothes). there are many guys who dress hip well into their 50's and even beyond.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that 36 isn't too old (for obvious reasons). And like SoCalMike, I agree that it's alright as long as you aren't dressing like a juvenile. Stay away from magazine ads showing guys that are much younger than you. Since you're fit you can get away with not dressing like an old man but remember that you are a grown man and not a kid.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just avoid anything that has a crazy wash, tight or way too crazy back pockets. For reference, Nick Lachey wears True Religion and Diesel jeans, and he is 33. Be careful though because some of their styles are gayish as mentioned before.