Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too Busy For Women

Supernova

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I broke up with a girlfriend three years ago, just before I went off to college, her mother -- a bitter, man-hating lesbian -- gave me the following words of wisdom: "You will never amount to anything." My ex-girlfriend elaborated: "You will not do well in college. You're going to flunk out in your first year and end up working as a secretary for your whole life."

With some people, nothing makes them more determined to succeed than being told that they cannot. Determined to prove them wrong, I loaded up on the credit hours, while keeping my full time job, studying constantly. I swore off girls during the first semester of school so that I would be sure to do well. I ended up getting straight 4.0's that semester, but that isn't the point of this tip. The point is that, while I had the goal of doing well in school and keeping girls at a distance, the girls were pretty much beating down my door. Of course, at the time, I didn't really understand this -- I was actually pretty irritated by it. "Just my luck," I would think, "whenever I have time for a woman, I can't get one. And whenever I don't have time for a woman, they're all over the place."

I noticed the same thing when I was in a long term relationship. You probably have noticed the same. When you're single, there isn't a chick in sight. When you're in a committed relationship, there are girls everywhere. Again, I would just curse my luck... Why was fate working against me?

A few psychology and sociology classes later, I was smarter, wiser, and in a better position to evaluate the human behavior behind this phenomenon. Everyone puts a higher value on the things that are difficult to get. We put a higher value on platinum and precious jewels, which are not necessities but are very difficult to get, yet we don't put a high value on air, which is required for our survival but is all around us, easy to acquire, and free. When I was always around and easy to acquire, I wasn't valued much. But once I was difficult to get, because I had other things going on, the girls knew that I wasn't going after them, and that in order to get me they would have to work for me. I had other things going on in my life, and they wanted to be a part of it.

I would tell them, "Hey, I don't really want to complicate my life right now." I thought it would get them to go away. But it just drove them wild. The more distance I tried to put between them, the more they tried to bridge the distance. I began to realize that, sometimes, the key to getting women is to honestly be doing something else. Then, they will often knock each other over to get to you. The cool thing is that, if they don't come running after you, at least you have accomplished something else. So throw yourself into a major goal. Fix up an old car. Write the next great American novel. Throw yourself into school. Learn to play an instrument. No time that you spend doing these things is wasted, and it just might end up making the women come to you instead of the other way around for once.

------------------
"What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god!"

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Hamlet", Act 2 scene 2

Sun-Tan Superman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice, from my own personal experiance this is very true, avoid them and they shall come to you

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey good post. I can relate to it alot. Also I know what you mean by using others doubts of you as motivation, rather than dwelling on them. But there is a fine line where you should do things for YOU, not to prove them wrong, so that they aren't your motivation, but you heard their BS, and you can do 1 of 2 things. Let it get you down and heed thier words and doubt yourself. Or you can hear em, consider it their loss, and continue on your path.

I know I've dealt w/ shyt like that too, and while I was moving along, whatever some idiot said to me or about me was of little importance, I didn't really give a fukk. But after you have done your deed and you see them again, I never gloated, but you can see how it kills them, and they feel so low and inferior, b/c they could not break you w/ their words, or alter your path. In essence when losers say/do shyt like that I think it's all about manipulation and control.

They do it to anger you, to arouse insecurity in you, so that you'll doubt yourself, and become enraged. Then they have gained control in a way, often causing you to alter your path b/c their actions got to you.

This is the same reason IMO, women recall all your mistakes, never admit they were the ones wrong, act 'ignorant/innocent' when you call their BS and they know it's true. It's all about being able to piss you off, then you are more vulnerable to their manipulation, which again is a ploy for control.

Yea and the 'busy' part is so true. I think that ties into showing attention one day, none the next, hot and cold, like you really don't care. If the girl is hot, this'll really get her curious, provided she is attracted to you. Even if you haven't been laid in months, and have no prospects, hopefully b/c you are taking a break from women, I think it'll still intrigue them.

And all that IMO, ties back into not needing them. THAT is the most important trait a man can have regarding women if you ask me. And the most important for being a DJ.

I remember really getting dogged by a girl I was real into in my early 20's, that was the catalyst that changed my outlook. It was weird, almost like I became asexual, I was having sex, but I was doing no chasing whatsoever. I wasn't getting every girl I thought was hot, but I was turning down girls too. I truly changed my outlook/thinking w/out really being aware of it. I simply focused on other things, I truly didn't give a damn if I had a girl to fukk or not. I wouldn't say I was beating them off w/ a stick, but looking back, I had plenty more chances than I even considered then.

I was showing no interest AT ALL! NADA! I remember one girl that was hot and I casually knew from high school was hanging out at my place alot one spring w/ some other of our friends. In school I thought she was way outta my league. I treated her like a guy, I really did that spring, showing no interest.

Well she starts calling me, showing up "alone" at my place, etc. Still hung out as a group and all as well. I was kinda oblivious to what was going on b/c I was focused on other things, and for some reason, wasn't really interested in fukkin her. I'm in my room on the bed watching TV, she lays on the bed w/ me, telling me how 'nice' my bed is.

I know what your'e thinking, but no, I knew what was going on then, but for some reason I can't explain, I wasn't interested. I still don't know why. We watched TV.

Later she tells a buddy of mine, "I don't think Crowes likes girls"

He tells me later of this w/out her around and we joke it up and forget it. Wasn't til later that I realized what she was doing by saying that. I knew sumthin wzup by her other behaviors, but her sayin that didn't register. This was way before this site, but I see that you and I were doing the same thing, we had eliminated our desire, girls don't get that vibe from guys often at all, they think we all are needy chump losers dying for a chance w/ them. I say let them assume that, all it does is put ME in a more advantageous position regarding dealing with or DJ'ing them. All from me.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOTE: Before I go confusing anyone, Supernova = Giovanni Casanova. I'm on a "bartender/multiple personality disorder" kick.

Hey, Crowes... thanks for the response.

Actually, there was this little bit of a "I'll prove YOU wrong mentality there", but it wasn't the only reason I wanted to get good grades in school, obviously. It was mainly for my own benefit. When I went to my academic advisor to sign up for classes, I already had my classes picked... a so-called "overload" schedule (more classes than the "traditional" full-time student) and I had a full time job to boot... she gave me a bunch of sh*t because she said there was no way I could do all that classwork and still have a full-time job. In the end, her opinion didn't matter, I didn't need her "approval", I just had to have her look at my schedule. So I took the overload schedule, kept working full time, and 4.0 out... for my benefit, yes, but it still felt good to prove all those bast*rds wrong.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Now when you talk with her, I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie that everybody really hopes makes it happen. I want you to be the guy in the rated-R movie who you're not sure if you like yet."
- Trent in "Swingers"

"Enough of this melodrama. My advice: Just one b*tch in this world. One b*tch with many faces."
- Jay, in "Chasing Amy"

Sir_Chancealot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova:
... I had a full time job to boot... she gave me a bunch of sh*t because she said there was no way I could do all that classwork and still have a full-time job. In the end, her opinion didn't matter, I didn't need her "approval", I just had to have her look at my schedule. So I took the overload schedule, kept working full time, and 4.0 out... for my benefit, yes, but it still felt good to prove all those bast*rds wrong.
They said the same sh*t to me in college. I went from working 70-90 hours a week, to 18 credit hours in school PLUS working 20 hours a week on the weekends. I had so much time during the week, I didn't know what to do.
The second semester, I bumped it up to 21, but DIDN'T work at all, and thought I was on vacation. Looking back, I could have taken anywhere from 24-30 credit hours and not have broken a sweat.

All colleges want is your MONEY. They could give a d*mn less about giving you an EDUCATION.

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there ought to be a course in college based on the 48 Laws of Power. Anyone else agree?

------------------
It could happen to you, just like it happened to me, there is simply no immunity, there's no guarantee...

AlfredB18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir_Chancealot:

All colleges want is your MONEY. They could give a d*mn less about giving you an EDUCATION.
Thanks God I passed on going to a few 4-year schools, even though I got scholarhsips from them....

What those liberal arts and pretty much any school that is not a CC or JuCo will do is make a lot of moeny to build on to that football stadium, hire or pay off a big name coach, or have tenured instructors that tell you that immigrants overrunning the country is great or that there is a "Palestinian cause" to fight for....

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GC, and Crowes, nice posts. Congrats GC on kicking ass in school. Your story reminds me of two famous guys. There's a Dr. Dre song where he deals with the nay-sayers:

Ya'll know me still the same ol' G
But I been low key
Hated on by most these niggas
Wit no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys
No boats, no snowmobiles and no ski's
Mad at me cause
I can finally afford to provide my family wit groceries
Got a crib wit a studio and it's all full of tracks
To add to the wall full of plaques
Hangin up in the office in back of my house like trophies
But ya'll think I'm gonna let my dough freeze
Ho Please
You better bow down on both knees
Who you think taught you to smoke trees
Who you think brought you the o' G's
Eazy-E's Ice Cube's and D.O.C's and Snoop D O double G's
And a group that said mutha**** the police
Gave you a tape full of dope beats
The bomb weed stroll through in you hood
And when your album sales wasn't doin too good
Who's the doc that he told you to go see
Ya'll better listen up closely
All you niggas that said that I turned pop
Or the Firm flop
ya'll are the reason Dre ain't been getting no sleep
So **** ya'll all of ya'll
If ya'll don't like me blow me
Ya'll are gonna keep ****in around wit me
And turn me back to the old me

I also heard that when Michael Jordan hears anybody nay-say him, he takes it and lets it drive him to succeed even harder.

On one side of the coin, you can't let people drag you down or get you worked up, but it sure feels good to say, at least to yourself, "Remember when you said I couldn't? Fvck you. Suck on my success."

And about being busy--last week, I noticed my entire week and following weekend was booked up before lunch on Monday. That's every day and night of the week. I laugh at the IDEA of getting stuck on one girl. There's NO time.

Later.

Jake

Eros

Reaction score
I think there ought to be a course in college based on the 48 Laws of Power. Anyone else agree?

Hey Sting, can you elaborate on what this material is about? Is there a way to get that info? Thanks.