"Timeless" Photo Shoot (pictures...)

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since I last posted pictures, so I figured I'll put up a gallery with the shots I took on Saturday night. I'm currently in the process of becoming a photographer. As I'm still in college, and haven't had the opportunity to work with very many models (which is changing soon hopefully), they didn't all come out as I would have liked.

Right now, I'm working on developing my own style - though with a fashion show, it's hard to do that. Basically, it was me and 2 other photographers running around and taking pictures as the opportunities presented themselves. I added to my portfolio only one of the shots I took, which wasn't even of the show itself - it was from "behind the scenes". Being "new", I was about to take pictures of all of the models changing clothes at the end of the show - until one of the other guys was like "Um, I don't think they would like it if you took pictures of them while they're all naked. The shot I added to my portfolio is a edited version of PICT2093.JPG (removed some of the flash off of the stairs, minor retouching on the face, etc... http://www.jbspencer.com/portfolio - under portrait - color, I believe...)

Anyway, here are the pictures (resized so they don't come up as huge shots):

Let me know what you all think. Obviously this isn't a show comparable to any you'd find in NYC or elsewhere, these were pretty much local girls who just happened to shop at the store putting it on, or had a friend who told them about it...

http://www.jbspencer.com/timeless

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
It's been a few weeks since I last posted pictures, so I figured I'll put up a gallery with the shots I took on Saturday night. I'm currently in the process of becoming a photographer. As I'm still in college, and haven't had the opportunity to work with very many models (which is changing soon hopefully), they didn't all come out as I would have liked.

Right now, I'm working on developing my own style - though with a fashion show, it's hard to do that. Basically, it was me and 2 other photographers running around and taking pictures as the opportunities presented themselves. I added to my portfolio only one of the shots I took, which wasn't even of the show itself - it was from "behind the scenes". Being "new", I was about to take pictures of all of the models changing clothes at the end of the show - until one of the other guys was like "Um, I don't think they would like it if you took pictures of them while they're all naked. The shot I added to my portfolio is a edited version of PICT2093.JPG (removed some of the flash off of the stairs, minor retouching on the face, etc... http://www.jbspencer.com/portfolio - under portrait - color, I believe...)

Anyway, here are the pictures (resized so they don't come up as huge shots):

Let me know what you all think. Obviously this isn't a show comparable to any you'd find in NYC or elsewhere, these were pretty much local girls who just happened to shop at the store putting it on, or had a friend who told them about it...

http://www.jbspencer.com/timeless

Thats pretty cool D-man. Do they have any CO-OPING opportunities in your field?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diablo... you got some nice pictures there.... I am also in the whole camera business... I have also taken some shoots of some models in the past, and i have made about 2 or 3 port-folio's FOR models. If you want, i can post some pics up for you. I also work for a company called Defusion and i take pictures for them. But anyways, nice pics man, i wanna see more;)

Laterz..

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good 2 see some photographers... i've a Canon A95, features galore.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canon Powershot A85 here. Excellent camera for its price range.