"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Things HB's do if you come off as weak

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
What are some things HBs do if you come off as a weak guy?

A few times when I've asked a girl for her number, I got an "ahhh" and smile like she was addressing a little kid. I've also got pats on the shoulder as parts of rejections or both. I don't know if these show that I came off as weak, but what other things do they commonly do to weak guys?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2003
Messages
281
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Neverland
The middle finger and a kick in the crotch......
 

TOOBAD

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Australia
It seems in ways that you have given off the weak vibe, but it may be due to the fact that your too ****y? Sometimes chicks see being too ****y, such as you thinking your 100 times better than they are as a "try-Hard". They may see this in you as you trying to be someone your not and thinking that your "the best" will usually turn them off, they reject you in such a way because they are trying to let you know that your being too ****y. This is only in one instance but if you think it may apply to you then its all good!
 

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2002
Messages
389
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
The towner
She'll leave, but only after making up an excuse to do so.
She'll let you down (easily, she thinks), "I have a boyfriend."
Combination of both.
Or, the really *****y ones will brush you off with the "whatever" plus rolling eyes bit.
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
HOW are you asking for the number? Are you being all shy & soft? Or are you being cool and confident?

:( Weak="Hello, my name is Joseph. May I have your phone number please?"

:cool:Strong="Hey, I'm Joe! Why don't you write down your number for me?"

Tell us your approach and we'll be better able to help you.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
Originally posted by WaterTiger
HOW are you asking for the number? Are you being all shy & soft? Or are you being cool and confident?

:( Weak="Hello, my name is Joseph. May I have your phone number please?"

:cool:Strong="Hey, I'm Joe! Why don't you write down your number for me?"

Tell us your approach and we'll be better able to help you.
"I want to respect that this is a quit area of the library and stop talking. Write me down your number and I'll talk to you later."

That's about exactly what I said in my last rejection when I got the pat and "ahh."

I think I tried to act too casual though that I acted fake, and also too ****y as described in TOOBADS post.

In another similar rejection that comes to mind, I asked for very similarly. I also commanded it for her, but I let her wait in suspense for about 30 seconds while reaching into my bag for a pen and paper before I requested it.
 

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
lol, i hope you didn't approach her and say that first. i find that if you at least get to know her in three minutes or more, you'll get the number. alot of girls don't just give numbers out to strangers, no matter how cool, confident, good looking you are. you have to get to know them first!
 

TOOBAD

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Australia
Tails put it nicely, some chicks are cool and some are just fu*ked! I find the chicks that reject you even when you are "the sh*t" are usually just chicks with no self-esteem, and or abusive, cheating, using boyfriends. Chicks that turn you down for no real reason "******** for, not interested" are usually the uptight, stuctured feminists you don't want anyway, so they are doing the right thing by you... By telling you not to waste your time!

If you keep getting turned down, KEEP TRYING, change your approach and think like her for a second!

Cheers!
 
Top