Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Sorrows of Young Ian

Ian19

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have come to believe I am just too ugly to have any success with the opposite sex. I see people here posting about their disappointment in failing with a 7 or 8. I repel even 3's and 4's. Is it possible that being too ugly can shatter all hope of ever succeeding? I know this is a retarded post so please forgive me for posting with the full realization. It's just frustating to be so unattractive that you can't succeed with anything. At this point in my life I would be ecstatic to succeed with a 3 or 4. End of my sob story. Any feedback?

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you post a picture? Let us be the judge.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to say what's ugly or not at times, but perhaps JUST AS important is your attitude.

Stop feeling down and depressed. Wear that smile on your face. Don't give a sh!t about how the world looks at you. It is hard, but at least try not to feel down.

Ian19

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just can't see posting a picture on a forum like this for loads of people to see. Plus people would probably judge me pretty harshly and I would be even more demoralized.

Adr3nalin

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, everyone and i mean everyone including models and actors male and female will ask themselves "what do people see in me?" or "am i as good looking as most people say?"

The truth is you shouldn't base your self-esteem and happiness on the way others see you. Keep at whatever you are good at and stay focused on that. Be a man. Women are the ones who base their happiness on how others percieve them not men...do not fall into that trap. It's hard to get out, most people don't ever get over their insecurities.

work on your attitude and your positivity toward yourself and upon life, people can see your insecurity a mile away. it doesn't matter what you look like you just have to play the game a little different. you have to work the friend angle and from there be who you are, and if it is who they want then they will fall for you.

Ian19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by davelmn2003
It's hard to say what's ugly or not at times, but perhaps JUST AS important is your attitude.

Stop feeling down and depressed. Wear that smile on your face. Don't give a sh!t about how the world looks at you. It is hard, but at least try not to feel down.
Thanks for the advice. I know I should do all this but in my position it just seems like swimming upstream. It's hard to keep a positive attitude when you feel like there are so many strikes against you. I'm not even sure how I could change my attitude for the better at this point.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I bet you are a lot more than a 3 or 4. Even the ugliest men in the world can get 10s. ANd they don't have to have a million bucks or a fancy car. Maybe not always but I think it's not your looks that is keeping you from succeeding. And combine average looks with a sour and down in the dumps attitude and you get a

Attitude is everything. My former DJ was maybe a four or so but his attitude, confidence and just secure way about him.. made me made me think of him as if he were a 10 hence he became one in my book. At the same time a 10 hunk can look good but be a 2 in a women's book.

Hard to explain but you can always improve your outter appearance but your soul your stuck with and if that is rotten, then I'd say you are in trouble. Sounds like it's more than nice.

Don't feel bad. You sound young and you have your whole life ahead of you to score. Trust me you will and this too shall pass. Look at the bright side. You got this place and lots of men to help lead you the way. I suggest posting a pic. here for insight or mailing it to those who you trust.

Good luck and cheer up!!!

Ian19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the helpful replies. Initially I thought I might get ripped a new one for posting something like this but it was something I felt I needed to, being frustrated and all. I always hear about how ugly guys can be a woman's 9 or 10 and can suceed where 8-10 guys fail but it's one of those things that is hard to grasp. I hate being so shallow and overly concerned about physical appearance but it just seems like one of those things that is really important. My attitiude certainly rates below my looks though.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wondering ...

In what way are you ugly?

Do you have a seriously deformed face?

Too fat or too skinny?

If you don't want to answer this, by all means don't, but I toss this out as food for thought at the very least. There are some things that can be changed and others that can't without very expensive cosmetic surgery.

There may be more hope than you realize.

You're *19*, so now is the time you can build yourself up, toughen up, and get the sort of "bad boy" image that can trump bad looks. Your age is the best time to mold your physique.

I've seen *many* reasonably well-built fellows with ugly faces but engaging personalities or strong images who do well with women. Hell, Lemmy Motorhead is ugly as hell, but he's a rock star and cool as sh1t, and he gets HOT women all the time. Vin Diesel hardly has a pretty face, but his bodybuild and image more than compensate, to say the least. Lots of women think he's ultra-hot.

I have a friend who is not very good looking, and ended up marrying a very huge woman with a reasonably pleasant face, but not too good a disposition. If he found this site (I didn't even know about it before he got married) and got some better game, and trimmed up a bit, he could have done 1000 times better and possibly been pulling some reasonably attractive gals.

The plus side is that personality matters more for us relative to looks than it does for gals. Being a fat, ugly gal *really* sucks.