Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The so-called principle of "Oneitis"

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now im sure all have you have heard this watching the news at somepoint.

One of the major keys to investing is to be Well-Diversified. The principle of not keeping all of your eggs in one basket, because you never know what can happen to that one basket. In the stock market you are investing money, in relationships you are investing time and emotion, but playing the stock market and playing the field can be very similar. Stocks can crash at any moment and girls can dump you so fast your head spins.
SO before you invest all your time and emotion in ONE girl, you better be damn positive shes a SURE thing, cause you could lose out BIGTIME.

Untill then, Diversify, and keep your options flexible.

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really liked this post and especially the analogy with the stock market. Very good and straightforward post!

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good analogy, Jester. Short and sweet.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*chuckles*

The only problem with your post buddy, is anyone that wins big on the stock market is doing the exact opposite of your strategy.

Warren Buffet, the most famous investor ever, uses a strategy he picked up from several famous investors during the depression. His strategy, known as focus investing, relies on the fact that like companies affect each other, and he, in essence, puts "all of his eggs in one basket."

For example, he would do a lot of research, and pick 5 or 6 companies that are all involved in the same field to invest in. Therefore, his entire investment rides on whether or not he has a good choice. So, I guess Oneitis is good if you pick a good investment eh?

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
*chuckles*

The only problem with your post buddy, is anyone that wins big on the stock market is doing the exact opposite of your strategy.

Warren Buffet, the most famous investor ever, uses a strategy he picked up from several famous investors during the depression. His strategy, known as focus investing, relies on the fact that like companies affect each other, and he, in essence, puts "all of his eggs in one basket."

For example, he would do a lot of research, and pick 5 or 6 companies that are all involved in the same field to invest in. Therefore, his entire investment rides on whether or not he has a good choice. So, I guess Oneitis is good if you pick a good investment eh?

You actually have to read the post before you reply genius.

Originally posted by Jester
SO before you invest all your time and emotion in ONE girl, you better be damn positive shes a SURE thing, cause you could lose out BIGTIME.

Get over yourself loser.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this, but I really prefer not to use the word diversity.... I've heard enough of this affirmative action bullcrap.

Diversity is Perversity. But anyways, nice one!

Knockout King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester

Hmmm, I do agree with this, but I think the people here could learn from a modification.

The thing about hs is, we're too young to really decide who to effectively invest in. We do have the knowledge provided by sosuave which puts us a step (or two) ahead of the crowd, but we are still very young and regardless of our knowledge of women, are likely to make a few bad investments.

I see 2 routes here:

1) Stay free and enjoy your bachelorhood. From the day you get a car to the day you get married are supposed to be the wildest years of your life, why waste them on oneitis? Keep on mackin, get some more experience under your belt, and continue until you've matured. By the time you've grown up and gotten more experienced, you've not very likely to make very many mistakes here and will be a very wise investor. Until then, just live the good life!

Or

2) Play the game. Invest early to get more experience under your belt. No, this doesn't mean to go exclusive every time you connect with a woman to get practice, but it does mean that when you and a girl feel that you're ready, go for it and see what happens. Will you make mistakes? Yep, I garuntee it. You can have a godlike confidence in your choices, but you're still likely to screw up a couple of times. By playing the game, however, you gain less experience as a mack, but more experienced as an investor (and henceforth, more maturity and more wisdom). Is it worth it? That's for you to decide.

By the way, I like this post Jester. There seems to be some confusion about going exclusive around here (some are too quick about it, others avoid it like the plague out of fear of being seen as AFC), but I think you've cleared that up.

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
*chuckles*

Sorry, but that just doesn't make sense. You even said that he would pick 5 or 6 companies that he thought were a good shot. That's exactly what Jester's talking about. You find a COUPLE girls that you think are cool, and you date them.

I'm sure even Warren Buffet made a bad pick occasionally and lost his money. If he had ALL his money into that, he'd be screwed. Same with girls.

Also, the AFC strategy is quite a bit worse than Warren Buffet's. He did "extensive research" but oneitis doesn't... It just jumps on the first girl you get the hots for. If you have a PERFECT girl, and you KNOW it, by all means focus on her. Otherwise, you're just screwing yourself over.

Besides, the stock market is a lot more predictable than girls. It doesn't have random mood swings for one thing. When you don't know wtf is going to happen next, it just doesn't make sense to focus invest. You need perfect information, which you can't get.

The fact is, in an uncertain game, it's best to diversify your resources and go for slow, long-term gains than to put it all in one place and risk getting wiped out. Also, unlike investing, with girls if you see your investment going, you can't get out and minimize your losses. You're GONE and have to start all from scratch. Not good.

So basically, you're wrong. Good post, Jester.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brilliant.

Like they say in A.S.F: FTOW
Find (or f*ck) Ten Other Women.

If you do find, I'm pretty sure that this special one won't be so special anymore.

And if you can't find/f*ck ten other women, then you've got a lot to learn...

Brilliant post !

BBB

DonJuanita2

Reaction score
i got one for you smart guy. dont try to jump bones wit every girl on the block. take ur time in finding the one, but dont pop 20 virgins in the process. IF U WANT SEX THAT BAD, GET A PENIS RING, AND A SEX DOLL!

kingNav

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think about it like this... if you put all your eggs in one basket, theres a better chance of falling flat on your face, but if somehow you do succeed, you'll get more than if you 'diversified.' do you want to work on that one special girl, or do you want to work at 10 and just be satisfied with whatever one happens to like you.

Now the best thing to do is find the middle ground and find 2 or 3 baskets which are all equally special, not any old 10 who you can steal a number from.

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonJuanita2
i got one for you smart guy. dont try to jump bones wit every girl on the block. take ur time in finding the one, but dont pop 20 virgins in the process. IF U WANT SEX THAT BAD, GET A PENIS RING, AND A SEX DOLL!
Please, grow up.