Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Odd Paradox of Feminism and Liberalism and your InnerSelf.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow I think that real awareness of one's own mortality would be even more paralyzing than the desire to forget about it.

If we avoid death then it seems like we do it because we value our lives, just as we'd avoid any loss because we valued the thing that could be lost.

There's a powerful nihilistic streak in humans. We look at death and see it as essentially invalidating our entire existence - it all comes to nothing; why do anything if we're just going to die?

I can't help but think that it's our momentary ignorance of our impending doom, our faith that it won't touch us at least right now, that makes us willing to live life to the fullest.

It's when we recognize "That could kill me", that we become afraid to act. It's when we hear the clock running down that panic sets in and we freeze in Death's headlights.

Teenage boys do the crazy sh!t they do because their raging hormones have got them thinking that they're invincible. Would a grown man, who knows all too well that this isn't the case, do the same? No; he wouldn't do anything to make his inevitable end come any sooner than it has to. Granted, this is an extreme case, but I believe that the rationale is essentially true.

Last edited:

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Those who fear death, are those not truly living.

Death, physical death, is an inevitably.

Everything that has a beginning, has an ending. It's the cycle of life.

If people did each day what it is that made them TRULY happy, death would not matter. Because they left nothing in the chamber, nothing in the tank.

I can't speak for the whole population, though, and most are trained through society and religion to fear death, in some way.

If you're a religious zealot, then you don't fear death. Life is looked at as a master piece painted for a better after-life. However, some don't have that 'far off belief' in the after life. They don't believe in any God or source, so believing death is the end of it all, lights out, no wonder they don't want to live by what seems like the confinement of religious mandates.

If you knew this was your only shot, that you were just some animal on uprights, given the physical realm, would you not make the most of it?

+---------------------------------+

It's all hype.

Case-in-point...

The war in terrorism is long past the point wearing on people's patience. If people don't see any threat, and there's no compelling evidence to be there, why be there? Bush's overall favor goes down.

So chock up a few TERRORIST ALERTS, some bombings around the world, a few cases of disease breakouts, and WALLA, you have panic and people's desire to be PROTECTED by some other source, and their own mortality comes into play. How's going to buck the trend of life, if it means DYING and going to somewhere UNKNOWN?

No one.

You cannot live when you're so focused on the fear of dying. It's the same in ANYTHING. If you're worried about striking out in baseball, you can't hit a homerun. You cannot live life worrying about the risks. Acknowledge they exist and move on.

+-------------------------------+

Fight or flight syndrome is an INBORN human quality. The human experience is one of physicality and emotion. We exhibit NO free will until we realize we control OUR feelings based on what we choose to feel, how we choose to view those feelings, and the actions related to them.

It applies to this board very much so. Flame wars needn't start, but they do, because people CHOOSE to speak up, be offended, or defend some position online. In all reality, you don't have to. But 99.99% of all people have this happen from time to time. Those who think they exhibit DO NOT, because the emotions STILL exist.

*I* believe in the spirtuality of humanity, that we are spirits placed into bodies for specific reasons. I could make a whole post and then some on it, but I won't. Point is, I believe beneath that, we have a true nature, one that is hidden by the weight of the body and the emotions of the body.

I believe we ignore this true nature and feel like each emotion is a small death. We are hurt, happy, sad, excited, turned on, angry, frustrated, jealous, interested, and so on. Isn't that controlling? THAT is the real matrix. Knowing that, its' like little plugs to your body. And each emotion is a driver, directing you as to what you should do.

Some say, "Well that's life, these things happen." But, I think we stop being human and start being animals when we accept a lower grade of life. When we make excuses for certain things we CAN control. We cannot control life around us, but we can control the life within us. You influence control, through yourself.

A-Unit

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We cannot control life around us, but we can control the life within us. You influence control, through yourself.
Beautifully said. It's pretty much what I live by. I believe that I am the most important person in my life. If I don't exist, everything else is irrelevant.

People may try to influence my decisions, but I'm the one who makes the final decision for myself. I can allow whoever I want to have a positive or negative effect in my life. I can close them off if I want.

I am in total control of my reality.