Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Ladder Theory

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People here seem to applauding the so-called "ladder theory" and saying that it is right on the money about women. I think it is more humor and satire with some bitter truth thrown in, but since people here seem to take it totally seriously I will also be totally serious.
When I read it, certain parts of this "theory" seem to directly contradict DJism and what is said here on this board. Basically it is saying that what the majority of the women value most in a guy is how much money he makes, and this takes precedence over everything else.
If this is the case, we are all wasting time here, especially the DJ's that are past college age and making less than $50,000 a year. We should either just give up right now, or figure out a way to start raking in the dough, and quit wasting time on this stupid board. After all, the Donald Trumps of the world are gonna get all the chicks anyway no matter how AFC they are.
This is very depressing. I guess i will just give up my passions in life (such as teaching and art, both big money makers, not!) for some stupid stockbroker job that I will work 80 hours a week at and hate, or go to medical school just so I can get the kind of women I want. Puke!

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Ladder theory was written by a very bitter person.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's probably at least a morsel of truth to the "ladder theory", but I've become sick of people annoyingly doing nothing but citing it when somebody brings up the topic of platonic male-female relationships or whatever. Just drop it.....life ain't black and white.

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Ladder Theory explains my situation/problem (my thread 'I have NO female friends') with women perfectly! Because I am the way I am I can't help but be put on the f***able ladder with the women I meet. Regardless of how hard some of my buddies try, they lack the DJ skills to get themselves on anything but the friends ladder.

It's true the whole ladder thing is harsh, crude, over-simplifys male/female relations, and is written by an awfully bitter sounding person but when I read it I can't find any holes in it. To address a few things; the harshness and crudeness; I for one don't get to or even want to anytime soon, f*** the girls on my ladder but it explains that somewhat in the religiosity variable. I do however know that if given a choice which would be my first, my second (if I couldn't have the first), and if I was really desperate, on down the list/ladder. And oversimplifying the whole male/female relationship, isn't that exactly what being a DJ is doing? After all why is it ALL up to us?

Marcopolo, you mentioned the whole money/power thing in my thread also, so I'm assuming this is a major point against the theory for you but I think you are missing the concept here. It is not that YOU have to be the richest and most powerful guy in the world, you don't have to be Donald Trump, YOU have to be the richest and most powerful guy that the particular girl THINKS SHE CAN GET, and what she thinks she can get is totally based on HER PERCEPTION of her own value, lower perception of her own value the less wealthy less powerful guy she will accept. In my circle of friends etc. I drive the nicest car, ride the nicest motorbike, probably wear the nicest clothes, because I am the oldest guy in our group by a few years and I run my own business I am sure that these girls perceive me to be the richest most powerful guy in this particular part of her world, it doesn't mean I am the richest most powerful guy in a city of 750000, God I wish! In fact it only works for me in this particular group, because in another group of friends (which by the way is where I don't have quite as much success with the girls) I don't have the nicest car etc., I could go on and on but seriously it works man.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the part where he talks about guys having one ladder and women having two ladders is pretty accurate.

Regarding the attractions, he overgeneralize everyting, I would stick to this DJ forum rather then his assesment. You don't need to be a tough Biker or be a rich guy to date/LTR/bang HB left and right.

Being a rich guy will give you a better edge no doubt about it, but it don't mean that hot women will reject you because you are not. Being a Biker will give you that "extreme masculinity" Pook was talking about, but you don't have to be this masculine to get them.

Most Successful DJ have a little bit of both qualities. They are not rich but don't have problems with money either (they know how to take care of their finances). They also work out, play sports, have hobbies which increases their masculinity nature. Therefore they got a little bit of everything going for them including the rest such as looks, charm, dressing up well ,,, etc etc etc,,.

Its all about balancing the qualities, while enhancing the strong ones, and diminishing the weak ones.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MONEY is not everything!

I know a very rich guy that has problems getting laid. He's an AFC and very insecure guy. He pretends to be ****y do disguise his insecurity but you can sense he's just pretending. Girls notice that too.

Money may help you, but if you rely just on it, you're lost!

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine two great guys, both are confident, funny, charming, ect. If a girl has to pick one or the other, 9 out of 10 will go with the richer or more powerful of the two.

The ladder theory is true, it does not contradict this anything talked about here though.

Mr. Mystery

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently teaching and making less than $60,000 a year and living in an overpriced apartment. 90% of the guya in this area(Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area) who are college educated make at least $75,000 a year, probably 70% make over 100k a year. if they have been here a long time or have family here (I am from out of state, long story how I ended up here) they own a house that they acquired before the boom, prices now starting at half a million. In this area, on my salary, no way I can own a house, ever.
And i don't think I would be good at business because I suck at accounting and keeping track of my finances. I have a degree in science(physics) but I am more of the artistic/creative type than the Machiavellian business type anyway.
I probably have to move which I probably will in the not too distant future. Problem is I am here right now and want some action. So according to this theory, I am screwed(or rather, never will be). And getting rich does not happen overnight either.
On the upside I have lots of hobbies and interests thanks to the extra time I have off, but I don't know if that does any good. I also crave excitement and adventure. My ideal job would actaully be like a photojournalist or something, or perhaps an illustrator. actually if I had Picasso's life I would take that, lucky SOB) I wish I had come to that realization when I was still in college. But then those are generally low paid as well! i also would love any job where i got to be out of doors a lot, or doing something interseting to me. At least most of the guys making the high incomes are to busy to spend much time enjoying their earnings.
i think guys like me are anachronism, not fit to survive in this modern world of high paid organization men.

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the ladder theory, guys who are not super-rich are still not screwed because money and power only comprise 50% of the womans rating system. By the way I think 50% is a bit exaggerated and should be more like 35% for power and money. Anyway the other 50% can totally make up for what you lack in the money and power portion. If you are more physically attractive (remember 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder') and have a interesting job and hobbies, personality and are not totally broke and don't wipe rich people's a$$es for a living, then you no doubt have a much higher rating than some rich guy who has nothing else to offer than just money.

No where does the ladder theory claim that money is everything, it is just like Mr. Mystery mentioned, it can put you over the top, but only if your competition is equal to you in every other way. Like a great sports team, it does no good to have the best quarterback or goaltender when the rest of your team is the sh!ts, a average team with an average quarterback or goaltender would kick your teams a$$ everytime!

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Well this sucks for me: I am currently only worth about $10,000 and plan on going to grad school which will put be in debt about another $27,000 grand.

Once I get out of school, I will probably be only making $40,000 to start with my Masters degree. At this time, I will be around 30 years old.