Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The first chapter of the book I am writing - the alpha and beta emotions

Woujo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am working on a book about seduction, and this is the beginning of the first chapter. Thoughts?
--

To generate an attractive emotional experience for women, a man must display both what I call the alpha and beta personalities. The alpha male is fearless, confident, cold-hearted, unemotional, disagreeable, focused, relentless, selfish, and sometimes kind of a jerk. The beta male, however, is warm, affectionate, caring, empathetic, compassionate, loving, agreeable, accommodating, and “nice.” The alpha’s job is to fearlessly lead the tribe into the unknown and defeat the tribe’s challenges, which includes slaying the tribe’s enemies. The role of the beta is to reward the woman for her contributions, make her feel accepted, and help her when she has done something to deserve it.

To succeed with women, you need to provide both the alpha and beta personalities. Some people say women like jerks. This is not true. If all you do is ignore a woman and treat her like ****, she will move on and find a guy that treats her better. Other people say that women like nice guys. This is also not true. If all you do is buy a woman things, do favors for her, and confess your undying love, the woman will reject you for a man with a backbone. The truth is that you must be able to switch between the alpha and the beta personalities at the right time and in the right way, almost like you were Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You must sometimes even switch between these personalities multiple times mid-date or even mid-conversation.

The grand challenge of “game” and a major theme of this book, therefore, is to know when and how to be the confident, dominant, cold-hearted alpha and when and how to be the loving, caring beta. One might think it is obvious when and how to be nice to a woman, but this question is actually pretty difficult and nuanced. How much interest should you show? How much should you compliment women? How much should you call and text? How much bull**** should you put up with before you move on? All of these questions are different ways of asking the same thing: when should you bring out the alpha personality and when the beta personality? This question is difficult because womens’ desire for the alpha and beta personalities springs from extremely powerful, irrational subconscious emotions, so men must often switch between these personalities in a way that seems irrational and counterintuitive. Any man that has ever dealt with women knows that it is difficult to know how much to “do” for a woman, and most men get it wrong.

Some people say things like: “Either a woman likes you or she does not, so these games are a waste of time.” I disagree. Because women have a deep, subconscious need for the emotions generated by the alpha and beta personalities, a woman will not be able to emotionally invest in you if she does not get the right mix of alpha and beta from you even if she finds you attractive. Many intelligent, attractive, nice, well-meaning guys blow it with women because they act too mean or too nice. That is why game is so hard: you are not wooing her rational mind, you are wooing her emotions.

Of course, it is impossible to strike this balance perfectly. To do so, you would need to be able to read the woman’s mind. But generally speaking, there is a simple formula for when to present the alpha and beta personalities: A man should pursue attractive purposes, focus his attention on those purposes, and only pay attention to a woman or do things for her after she meaningfully contributes to those purposes. This concept is the foundation of the alpha male quid pro quo, the rule that states that a man should only do things for a woman after she contributes to his emotional experience. The rest of this book is basically an extended commentary on this concept.

Most women will have done very little for you, especially early in the relationship, so you should do little for them, which means that you must present the alpha personality most of the time. As they do more for you, however, you must open up and show her the beta personality more.

Generally speaking, it is more difficult to cultivate the alpha personality than the beta personality. Women make men emotional, and it is difficult to focus on one’s purposes when you “want” a woman. In fact, I use the term “beta personality” because anybody can be nice, accommodating, agreeable, and compassionate. It is much more difficult to remain confident, stoic, and focused on your purposes.

Most men are too beta. They put women on a pedestal, act like her butler, and pay women way too much attention. In essence, they fail because they give the woman more than she deserves. At the other extreme, other men fail with women because they act too alpha. The overly-alpha guys make women feel like they are pursuing attractive purposes, and many of them have learned that being a wet rag is not attractive to women, but these guys blow it because they make women feel cold and unwanted. These guys ignore women too much (sometimes intentionally), act douchey, and spend too much time trying to act “cool” instead of just having fun and being friendly. These guys pique womens’ interest but ultimately fail because the woman does not feel accepted and comfortable forming an emotional connection. In essence, the “too alpha” guys give women less than they deserve.

Men often oscillate between being too alpha and too beta. A man might act too needy and beta, which causes the woman to pull away, and then try to make up for it by being an *******, which makes the woman hate him more. Other times, a man will blow it by acting too mean and distant, and then when the woman moves on he will try to get her back by supplicating and being a little *****. Beautiful women often become crazy because the men in their lives have put them through this insane oscillation of opposing emotions.

I personally went on this journey myself. Like most guys, I started off acting too beta – I was needy, too nice, weak, and willing to accommodate whatever the woman wanted me to do. After seeing that beta males finish last, I started learning game and improving myself, and started learning how to act alpha. I started getting some success with women, but I acted too alpha – I would ruin relationships because I ignored the woman too much and made her feel like I was uninterested.

Women sometimes have so much trouble often finding a man who can offer both personalities that they keep multiple men in their lives: a nice, reliable loser to provide the beta personality and a bad boy who does not care about her to provide the alpha personality. But at the end of the day, women prefer to find one man who can do both, so if you can learn when exactly to switch between these two characters your game will be amazing.