Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Difference Between a Don Juan and an AFC

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Don Juan gets Beautiful Women. An AFC gets whatever's leftover.

Heres why:

A Don Juan: is a CHALLENGE . He never appears emotionally weak or needy. He will wait at least three days until calling a prospective girlfriend and he will maintain an air of mystery .

An AFC: Is desperate. He will call would-be girlfriends every night and talk for hours; he will write love poems for his would-be girlfriends, and he will talk about his problems with would-be girlfriends, never shutting up and attempting to tell his life-story in three hours. He might even declare his love for his pursuits, scaring them off.

A Don Juan: Is proud of his sexuality . He will use kino effectively and he will never be afraid to discuss his sexuality and sexual issues.

An AFC: Will shy away from anything of a sexual nature. The only female he will intitiate contact with will be his mother. If talk turns sexual he will blush and quickly change the topic.

A Don Juan: is confident and in control . He never lets emotions/passions overwhelm him; he takes charge in every situation and responds assertively to challenges. He goes through life with the path and purpose of an arrow.

An AFC: Is weak. He will bend himself to fit with others whims and fancies, with little purpose or direction. As an extreme example, if a girl says to him she likes Mexican food, he will take her to a Mexican restaurant even if he is allergic to it.

A Don Juan: Knows how to block his ego out. He effectively stops thinking and lets his original instincts take control. If he wants a phone-number or kiss, he will go for it without hesitation (i.e. without giving his ego a chance to have a say). He strikes with conviction. He will not die wondering "what if..."

An AFC: Thinks too much. He thinks what a rejection could make other people think and he thinks about how embarrassed he would feel (he lets his ego screw him). He will try to guess what a girl wants even though he will never have the faintest idea. He will spend a whole date pondering whether she wants him to kiss her. In the end he will get nothing.

A Don Juan: lives for the moment , discarding all past and future considerations.

Am AFC: Reminds himself constantly about past experiences and possible future ones.

A Don Juan: does not think of rejection as failure; instead he only moves closer or further away from his goals, as well as recognising movement in his mind and emotions.

An AFC: dwells on rejections, and makes them big issues.

At the end of the day, as Page says: "A Don Juan should be able to look into the mirror and like what he sees, no matter what the situation. Remember, how you look in the mirror is how others see you, so you had better like what you see, or others probably won't like it either."

An AFC, however, will rarely look into the mirror and like what he sees. He will hate himself for being so uptight, so uncharasmatic, so nervous, so desperate, he will pick up little problems with his personality or appearance and implant them into his mind. And the worst part is, instead of trying to work on these problems, he will simply let them float around in his mind, letting them take control of him.

In summary, a Don Juan is:
1. A challenge
2. Proudly sexual
3. Confident and in control
4. Contemptuous of his ego
5. A man who lives for the present
6. A man who is not fearful of rejection
7. A man with self respect

An AFC will never be a powerful man, because he does not possess these qualities, and that's what sets us Don Juans apart from the crowd.

[This message has been edited by De La Soul (edited 05-24-2002).]

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post, it sorta reiterates what others have been posting for a long time.

Redunancy is good sometimes and these newbies need to read gold info like this.

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~The_Chosen~:

newbies need to read gold info like this.

Yeah that's exactly it. Although I am not saying anything too groundbreaking in this post it is definitely worth a read because it's a good summary of the DJ mentality.

------------------
Smile. Eye Contact. Kino. Killer Instinct. Done Deal.

Audere est facere.

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I should print this out and read everyday.

I need to tune my mindset to that so I will be transformed into a DJ!

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner:
Maybe I should print this out and read everyday.

I need to tune my mindset to that so I will be transformed into a DJ!

That's the idea!

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Don Juan should be able to look into the mirror and like what he sees, no matter what the situation. Remember, How you look in the mirror is how others see you, so you had better like what you see, or others probably won't like it either.