Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Crappy Sketch Artist Approach

Reaction score
Recently, I got the balls to do my first truly cold pickup.

::takes a bow::

I got this idea off http://www.pickupguide.com/layguide/. Go read about it.(scrolll down the the different types of approaches section)

I heard about this girl who asked my friend for his number, who is, btw, the biggest AFC who has ever walked this earth. I mean, he makes fvcking origami for his girlfriend every day. Not only that, but physically he looks like crap. But anyway, he told her "I am spoken for" completely seriously, it was funny as hell. This girl is like a 6.5-7. I decide that I'll approach her because I know that I look better and have more game than him.

So I draw the crappy picture, and say "Your beauty has inspired me to a work of art in your honor". And she smiles, and she's like "that's so sweet". Then she opens it, and she throws it to this (male) friend who was sitting next to her. They both laugh, and then she sends him to tell me "No, that looks more like you". I then went over to her and asked her how she liked the picture. She was apparently pretty insulted by it. This was probably because I drew her not as a simple stick figure but as actually ugly. So I thought that I had taken it too far, and I ejected. But then, her male friend comes over to me and asks me if I was serious. I was like "the drawing was a joke, but I'd like to meet her". He reports back to her and then comes back with a paper and tells me to write my number down for her. I'm like, how about she writes her number down for me? He told me that her parents don't let her give her number out. So I didnt see any way out of this, so I wrote down my number for her.

Then the male friend comes up to me again and tells me she still doesnt think I'm serious. So I say, I'll go show her what a serious fellow I am. I go up to her and say just that with a perfectly serious face, and she cracks up. We make fluff talk, and then she tells me she doesnt think that I'm serious still. So I put my arm around her, and start smiling and seriously flirting with her. I should have gone for a kiss close, but unfortunately I lacked the testicular fortitude.

But anyways, what do you think of this approach in general? And what do you think about how I did, especially the giving my number to her part?

Thanks

G F L A S H

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question:

Why hadn't you gone up and talked to her, directly, in the first place?

Why talk to her vicariously through a friend?

Oh well: it got you in the door and, if you saw that you HAD a chance for the ol' kiss close, you're makin' the ol' progress. Learn from old hesitations, learn from old mistakes, move on.

As I said, you got in the door. What's wrong with a pickup that gets you in the door as a man (as apposed to a Nice Guy)? Not much, in my book.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Question:

Originally posted by Von Neuen
Why hadn't you gone up and talked to her, directly, in the first place?

Why talk to her vicariously through a friend?

Oh well: it got you in the door and, if you saw that you HAD a chance for the ol' kiss close, you're makin' the ol' progress. Learn from old hesitations, learn from old mistakes, move on.

As I said, you got in the door. What's wrong with a pickup that gets you in the door as a man (as apposed to a Nice Guy)? Not much, in my book.
I think it's a simple but effective approach from the sounds of it. It puts down the b*tch shield pretty quickly it seems. And if she doesn't laugh then you know she's a cold b*tch.

As for GFlash, congrats on gathering your balls for your first approach! lol Yao, so where were you, in a lunchroom or something? Funny shiet, mebbe I'll try that sometime at the local pool hall. Sigue na

Reaction score
Von Neun: I talked to her vicariously through a friend because I thought that she had been insulted and I had blown it. When she showed interest, I did go over and talk to her directly.

I don't think was was exactly a 'nice guy' approach. It was a jerk approach if anything. What are some approaches that you think will get you in the door as a man?

aznbreakerjrey: Thanks man. I was actually at a indoor track meet. Theres usually about four teams there at once, boys and girls, so there are lots of opportunities after my races are done. Just one thing: make sure to draw the girl as a simple stick figure, not as actually ugly.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey gflash,

That's a good pickup. Maniac High has a few good things at his site, and this is one of them. I like this approach because it let's you know whether or not she's a prude. I've done this approach a few times and have always gotten a good reaction. Keep up the good work man.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty