"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

The best way to eject from a cold approach?

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Just wondering what the best type of things to say when you want to eject from a "cold approach" with some chick?

I've read this but I was just wondering what some of you experienced DJ's use??

Also tell us some of your experiences of situations where you ejected and the reaction of the chick when you did.

Thanks, guys :cool:
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
646
Reaction score
1
Who cares what the girl thinks. Do you think she will remember you tomorrow morning?
 

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Originally posted by uniassign
Who cares what the girl thinks. Do you think she will remember you tomorrow morning?
hmm, maybe.

I want to approach chicks during the day in the city somewhere. (mall etc)

I'd like to use that time also to build my conversation skills in general also so that I can approach anyone at any time.

I have two basic goals/outcomes.

1. I want to become an IT consultant so I need to have outstanding communication skills.

2. I can use these conversation skills on chicks to get over rejection and possibly get a lay/relationship etc.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
this is a good topic.

It is rather easy to just to walk away and stiff the chick after she rejects you. The problem here is you are letting that regection get to you if you do that. I think geting rejected and bowing out gracfully is the hardest thing about cold approches. She will think you are insecure and that you take rejections badly. That is the last thing you want if she is friends with other girls you are interested in. Girls talk about every guy that hit on them.

It would be nice to see some good lines or some examples of things to say when you get rejected.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there are some hot chicks that will ALWAYS reject you on the first try. Most of these girls are only prepared to reject once and they can't keep turning it out. you can catch these girls spechless if you don't listen to her rejection. I think you have to show persistance with these girls. This is why I would bow out of a rejection with another hit.

You can think of it this way. She says no the first time. so you hit on her again a different way just for the practice.

who knows the thrid time could be the charm. I wouldn't do it more than three times.
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
1. I want to become an IT consultant so I need to have outstanding communication skills.
Same here, I;ve been applying for grad positions and interviews will be soon. Do you think it would be appropriate to tell stories of cold approaches to demonstrate communication skills and confidence?

I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea, but if I was an employer I'd be rapt to hear if an applicant could pull something like this off.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Originally posted by duke007
Same here, I;ve been applying for grad positions and interviews will be soon. Do you think it would be appropriate to tell stories of cold approaches to demonstrate communication skills and confidence?

I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea, but if I was an employer I'd be rapt to hear if an applicant could pull something like this off.
I thought about that also. I think it could be very 'hit' or 'miss'. It depends. If the interviewer is a total AFC then he could get intimidated by you.

OR, if he is an AFC he could be in total AWE over your attempts. I'm really not sure how this could pan out. I bet there is a way of toning it down a bit so you could say that you are doing cold approaches all the time but more as a way to improve your communication skills.

Maybe not emphasise the 'DJism/Player' mentalitiy, but to say that you are developing ways of accepting rejection and being able in some cases to persisit and turn it around. It's like being a very good salesman I would think. Salesmen get rejected all the time, it's part of business.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
The key is to bow out quickly and don't let it look like you were hurt or impacted by her rejection - just brush it off lightly!!

Make a joke out of it or just say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained!" - then smile.
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Pulsar: Good advice there! Subtlety is the key, and it would also be wise to gauge the interviewer's personality and response to earlier topic areas. cheers
 
Top